Scotland vs Denmark match thread - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs Denmark match thread

Guest Scot1

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to type.....Calum Mcgregor was immense but we shouldn't single anyone out.

That team battered a top tier side tonight without our first choice back 3, our first choice right back and first choice forward 

Of those who were considered first choice may not be anymore

I'm lucky enough to remember the mid 80s onwards but since 98....that was up there with the best performances I've seen from Scotland 

On the train back from Hpden. One word....epic.

What a performance. I do not know how we do it. Again we had to make changes but those coming in did a brilliant job. Souttar and Cooper were rocks.

Delighted to get the seeding and with that win we deserve it. A win against top seeds and a team unbeaten in qualifiers for threecampaigns says we need fear nobody in the play-offs.

Other bonus - no bookings.

We played some lovely football too not just punt and hope. Great night.

What a fantastic night and what a performance. I actually said out loud ‘ is this Scotland’. Haven’t  seen such consistent , fluid , exciting football for a long time. The quality of the opposition made it extra special. We actually made them look mediocre. 
Crowd were fantastic as were the away support. Great to see so many kids as well,  they must have been buzzing. 

We do have some roasters in our support though. Guy behind me moaning at Che Adams saying he ‘wouldnae get a game in his subbuteo  team’. 5 minutes later he has the ball in the net. 

A generational performance and win. Well done Steve Clarke, the squad and a lot of previously written off or doubted players who were immense tonight with Cooper & Souttar at the front of the queue. 

Adams mom or maybe it’s McGinn. Christ McGinn is a talisman for us. 

Into the playoff without fear we go 👏🏾 

5 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

A generational performance and win. Well done Steve Clarke, the squad and a lot of previously written off or doubted players who were immense tonight with Cooper & Souttar at the front of the queue. 

Mcginn belongs at a better team than Aston villa. 

4 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Soutter was motm

36 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Best performance I’ve ever seen. So utterly proud and brilliant. That’s better than either France wins IMO. 

Yet to see the game as at work ; only caught it on the bbc text update

am only speculating it was our best “ measured “ or controlled perfomance against a heavy hitter since ukraine umder mcleish ?

both france matches obvs great wins but in the jammy category …

I think that is the best I have ever seen us.

What a performance from every single player. We are a decent side, that was brilliant.

Shout out for SOD! ''The writing on the wall,'' etc with Ralston/Patterson emergence etc, he did nothing wrong at all, and was very solid again for us.

Every one busting a gut as well. Tierney, Robbo are really clicking. McGregor is magnificent, a bit of an unsung hero, Gilmour, Christie even, I'm just saying names now.. Everyone was brilliant including the ref aka 0 YELLOWS!

And how nice is it, to finally 'do it', and we can sit back and enjoy tomorrow knowing we are at home in March.

20 minutes ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

Yet to see the game as at work ; only caught it on the bbc text update

am only speculating it was our best “ measured “ or controlled perfomance against a heavy hitter since ukraine umder mcleish ?

both france matches obvs great wins but in the jammy category …

I don't think we deserved to win either France game, althoughwe did, and they could have no complaints about either game, but we deserved tonights win, we played brilliantly. We controlled the first half, second half wasn't as good, but even a Dane would say we deserved that win IMO.