The queen - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

19 minutes ago, chaff said:

I see she's missed the cenotaph today due to a "sprained back".

Spin to protect the public or on her death bed?

Thought she was going to be there, bells n all. Not that I am 95 or so, but doubt it'll take much to sprain a back at that age.

Queen missing the cenotaph must be alarming for Royalists. She looked very frail last time I saw her on TV . Its not uncommon for partners in long term relationships to pass away within a short time of each other, and she is a fair age .
Whatever you think of the Royal Family it must have been heartbreaking for her to lose her husband. 

I got a text on Wednesday saying that she was on deaths door, they then announced that she was going to Remembrance Sunday, so I thought it was shite. 

I was just hoping that she wouldn't die before Mondays game, as I think the minutes silence if it went ahead would be absolutely embarrassing. She is 95, a pretty damn good innings.

“There are powers at work in this country about which we have no knowledge.” The Queen.

Not just losing her husband, her favourite child has also been outed as a borderline nonce and Harry has turned into an absolute mental case. Camilla and Charlie in the wings, a pair of more dislikeable wanks you’d struggle to find. 

I have a 94 year old relative and they can barely stay awake for an hour without being exhausted. Amazing how long she has gone but of course never doing a hard days work in your life, the best diet and medical care all help. That is why all these fuckers live so long while we croak early. 

(id be interested in who sent Kev that text!)

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

(id be interested in who sent Kev that text!)

Heard it from a copper, who was at COP in Glasgow and was told the info from an English colleague. Obviously hearsay, but we will find out soon enough.

Im far from a royalist, I think the whole thing should be done away with, and their wealth, estates and foreign funds should be put into the public purse. However, I think the reaction from some when she does kick the bucket will be pretty pathetic.

1 minute ago, thplinth said:

Yeah I know what you mean but I think she has a begrudging respect. I don’t see any problems on here when she goes, maybe the opposite actually. Compared to her wider family I think she ‘served’. 

In real life, I'm sure that there will be plenty of twats having street parties, party poppers, social media scum etc

I do think that she is well liked, especially compared to jug ears, hopefully he will see the demise of the outdated nonsense.

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

I got a text on Wednesday saying that she was on deaths door, they then announced that she was going to Remembrance Sunday, so I thought it was shite. 

I was just hoping that she wouldn't die before Mondays game, as I think the minutes silence if it went ahead would be absolutely embarrassing. She is 95, a pretty damn good innings.

I am affronted to say I was worried she might die and the game was cancelled. Shocking I know, but I feel no connection whatsoever to the Royal Family and I just cannot understand the whole national outpouring of grief thing. 

I dont think she should  still be working at her age . As far back as i can remember the Queen has always seemed old to me, and i am , and feel, bloody old . 

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

I am affronted to say I was worried she might die and the game was cancelled. Shocking I know, but I feel no connection whatsoever to the Royal Family and I just cannot understand the whole national outpouring of grief thing. 

I dont think she should  still be working at her age . As far back as i can remember the Queen has always seemed old to me, and i am , and feel, bloody old . 

There were rumours virtually every week for about a year before the Chookie Embra died that he was about to pop his clogs, or had already done so but it was being kept secret for whatever reason.

They’re all the typical “bloke told me whose been told by someone who knows someone who it sounds like has some sort of inside track”, ie a load of old bollocks. 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

In real life, I'm sure that there will be plenty of twats having street parties, party poppers, social media scum etc

I do think that she is well liked, especially compared to jug ears, hopefully he will see the demise of the outdated nonsense.

Oh I am sure there will be. She has been there my whole life and I cant say I can really fault her behaviour*. The whole royal edifice of course is a bigger question. I hope Charles has a long reign, because he is an absolute cunt and will play the same cards horrifically versus his mum.

*edit: ahh maybe excluding the Diana event. Cold.

Edited by thplinth

11 hours ago, kumnio said:

Heard it from a copper, who was at COP in Glasgow and was told the info from an English colleague. Obviously hearsay, but we will find out soon enough.

Im far from a royalist, I think the whole thing should be done away with, and their wealth, estates and foreign funds should be put into the public purse. However, I think the reaction from some when she does kick the bucket will be pretty pathetic.

Spot on.

I can see it all now. We will be expected to wear black whilst out and about and greet for a week. TV will close down and be replaced by a round the clock 'This is Your Life' about her intermingled with replays of past live events she attended. The funeral coverage will last for two weeks with over a 100 cameras positioned all over the place. And, of course, we will just have to have the endless wakes in street with people who have never even met her telling us how wonderful she was amidst their mindless tears.

11 hours ago, aaid said:

There were rumours virtually every week for about a year before the Chookie Embra died that he was about to pop his clogs, or had already done so but it was being kept secret for whatever reason.

They’re all the typical “bloke told me whose been told by someone who knows someone who it sounds like has some sort of inside track”, ie a load of old bollocks. 

The speculation will be rife especially at her age,  but she has looked particularly frail recently. Suppose most folk in their 90’s look frail right enough. 

2 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Spot on.

I can see it all now. We will be expected to wear black whilst out and about and greet for a week. TV will close down and be replaced by a round the clock 'This is Your Life' about her intermingled with replays of past live events she attended. The funeral coverage will last for two weeks with over a 100 cameras positioned all over the place. And, of course, we will just have to have the endless wakes in street with people who have never even met her telling us how wonderful she was amidst their mindless tears.

Exactly this and then some...

On 11/15/2021 at 10:30 AM, Alibi said:

it would be quite funny if she started "I'm speaking to you from beyond the grave"...

They've always had mediums in their service.

Queen Victoria had the services of Lees  - a medium from Leicester. When they bought Balmoral she couldn't get him to travel there. Instead he foretold she would find a equally fine medium,  in a young Gillie up there.

She did  John Brown .

not a lota people know that

On 11/14/2021 at 7:14 PM, TDYER63 said:

I am affronted to say I was worried she might die and the game was cancelled. 

7 minutes ago, Mazda said:

They've always had mediums in their service.

Queen Victoria had the services of Lees  - a medium from Leicester. When they bought Balmoral she couldn't get him to travel there. Instead he foretold she would find a equally fine medium,  in a young Gillie up there.

She did  John Brown .

not a lota people know that

The medium must have foreseen an emphatic Scotland victory and asked her to haud on. 

That is interesting 🙂