Lufthansa - Moldova v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lufthansa

GLOSTA

We're we the only muppets who booked non existent flights with Lufthansa to Frankfurt and then on, via Opodo?

Been a pain in the proverbial as got no messages. An extra night on the town though.

Edited by GLOSTA

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 3:13 PM, GLOSTA said:

We're we the only muppets who booked non existent flights with Lufthansa to Frankfurt and then on, via Opodo?

Been a pain in the proverbial as got no messages. An extra night on the town though.

Ahh Opodo , i usually dont go through third parties especially when with the same airline so it was somewhat strange that i booked swiss air through opodo  dublin to luxembourg via zurich   dep 11.20  fri and dep 14.55 Monday  it might of been coz i couldnd get the times direct with Swiss but whatever i booked through opodo - more fool me 

the day before i was to travel It came to my attention that the swiss reference that opodo gave me only had the the inbound flight and not the outbound flight . when i enquired to opodo why this was they reconfirmed my booking then promptly told me that the airline had cancelled the outbound flight . Given that the flight was still showing on the departure screen i was somewhat surprised at that so when i asked them a. why didnt they tell me and b get me on another flight - they promptly done fuk all except tried to charge me another 600 quid to get on a lufthansa flight  - i booked at direct flight with luxair and vowed to take it up when i got back . Photograpphic evidience was then received that the fight did take off indeed as suspected  

come Monday as i depart my hotel for the airport when i checked my flight it had depated at 0955 - a good 5 hours ahead of schedule  - again nobody at opodo had though to inform me ergo i arrive at luxemnbourg airport with fuk all prospect of making a zurich connection and Swiss air ( it was a joint check in desk) not that bothered

I hastily searched for a route home  and the requiste passenger locator forms ( not that easy given the times we are in ) and luckily there was a ryanair route via Madrid which got me home about £300 quid less ( 150 each) 

Suffice to say i will never use them again and am currently about £500 quid down which i will likely go via the small claims court  - it could of been worse but still - not a happy bunny