Denmark at Hampden - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Denmark at Hampden

Toepoke

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have nothing to fear on Monday night. Denmark are obviously a very good team but they are not invincible. We competed very well in the second half in Denmark and there’s no reason we can’t take something at Hampden.

Georgia and Montenegro have shown this week that the big guns don’t always win. Are Denmark even one of the big guns?  Let’s give it a right good go and see what happens. 

If we lose we lose but I have a feeling we might just spring a surprise. 

Aye,let's be honest.That Christian Erickson incident has really galvanised them in their support for the national team.It's still a sort of novelty for them to be following their team in big numbers.Still,hope they enjoy their trip to Glasgow,and that they aren't too  dissapointed come Monday night.Well,to be honest i hope they are f..king devastated.CMON SCOTLAND..LET'S DO THEM.

8 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

We have nothing to fear on Monday night. Denmark are obviously a very good team but they are not invincible. We competed very well in the second half in Denmark and there’s no reason we can’t take something at Hampden.

Georgia and Montenegro have shown this week that the big guns don’t always win. Are Denmark even one of the big guns?  Let’s give it a right good go and see what happens. 

Too true. I was going to post something similar. We held our own in the second half against them in Copenhagen and since then the team has pumped full of confidence having won five must win games on the bounce. Lets not forget the small point that we are at home so less of the timmerin' beastie shit. Pump our chests out, be proud, be confident and get a result.

12 hours ago, ProudScot said:

Missing some key players too. I can see us winning on Monday night tbh

Mentioned elsewhere. Notwithstanding Eriksen, the other players absent for Denmark are Andersen, Norgaard, Hojbjerg, Damsgaard, Dolberg and Braithwaite. They're still well covered in defence and attack but possibly we look very strong in midfield imo - Delaney, Jonsson, Wass and Stage their only recognised midfielders.

9 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I think now that their clean sheet record is gone (thank you, Faroes) they'll have even less incentive to win the game. For them, it's a good chance to experiment and play some fringe players. They'll be out to impress, but I don't think Denmark have the squad depth of France. They are fringe players for a reason.

I'll take a boring 0-0 draw any day, but I think we have the personnel to beat most teams in a one off match. If we can score first, it's no cup final for them, so it may just be possible to hold onto a lead. 

I think we are more than capable of getting a draw which hopefully gets us seeded which would be huge

Home advantage on Monday, 5 wins on the trot, we've got something massive to play for and they dont (i know they have the 100% record but not on same scale as what we have t play for)

I would go 3 1 4 1 1 

Gordon

Hendry Cooper Tierney

McGregor

O'Donnell McTom Gilmour Robertson

McGinn

Dykes

Keep it tight and look to stop them playing if 0-0 after an hour maybe look to make a few more attacking subs but i think a draw would be great one to hopefully get the seeding but two to keep the positive momentum going 

Already excited for tomorrow night cant wait 

Clarke wont have forgotten the first half in Copenhagen. Dont think there is any chance of us lining up anything other than 3-5-2.

Gordon

Hendry Cooper Tierney

SOD                      Robbo

McGinn Gilmour McGregor

Dykes Adams

3 minutes ago, Judith said:

Clarke wont have forgotten the first half in Copenhagen. Dont think there is any chance of us lining up anything other than 3-5-2.

Gordon

Hendry Cooper Tierney

SOD                      Robbo

McGinn Gilmour McGregor

Dykes Adams

Think he will drop Adams, push up McGinn to play off Dykes and bring McTominay (if available) or McLean into a midfield 3

3 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

Strange, he was fit for QPR before the international break?

Presumably he’s picked up a knock in training or possibly his last match QPR match and hasn’t managed to shake it off? Either way it’s a blow if he doesn’t make it.

Fair play to him for staying with the squad. Lots of others would be straight back to their clubs. 

11 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Presumably he’s picked up a knock in training or possibly his last match QPR match and hasn’t managed to shake it off? Either way it’s a blow if he doesn’t make it.

Fair play to him for staying with the squad. Lots of others would be straight back to their clubs. 

Adams played well against the Moldova, but I think he would struggle to lead the line against Denmark, if it comes to that. He struggled against them in Copenhagen 1st half, up top, if I remember correctly

Edited by Scot1

1 hour ago, Scot1 said:

Adams played well against the Moldova, but I think he would struggle to lead the line against Denmark, if it comes to that. He struggled against them in Copenhagen 1st half, up top, if I remember correctly

If Dykes doesn't make it (and I hope he does), do you think Jacob Brown could start as a lone striker? With the likes of Adams and Nisbet warmed up and ready to come on should we concede a goal?

1 hour ago, mcguffin said:

If Dykes doesn't make it (and I hope he does), do you think Jacob Brown could start as a lone striker? With the likes of Adams and Nisbet warmed up and ready to come on should we concede a goal?

Maybe, but I’d think Clarke would go with Adams, he was decent against Moldova.

On 11/13/2021 at 1:34 PM, er yir macaroon said:

Hopefully they didn’t get as pished as they did after Serbia. 

There’s a big difference between making the playoffs and qualifying for a tournament so I doubt there would be any wild celebrations. 

3 hours ago, TartanSpice said:

Referee for tomorrow night seems pretty card happy. Wonder what that will do for availability in the play off game.

'Kin'ell.   On the good side though is that while giving out 6-9 cards in his home league, its 2-5 outside.