Craig Gordon - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Craig Gordon

vanderark14

What a save last night and then a penalty save.

He reminds me of Mcgregor, both will have fuck all to do for 88 minutes but  will pull off a stunning save or two when called upon

Never mind his age, he's playing like he's 32 not 39. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

What a save last night and then a penalty save.

He reminds me of Mcgregor, both will have fuck all to do for 88 minutes but  will pull off a stunning save or two when called upon

Never mind his age, he's playing like he's 32 not 39. 

He’s an incredible goalie. Undisputed number 1 and deserves to end his career playing at a World Cup (or maybe play 1 tournament past that!)

Last night was an example that some things are irrelevant despite people pressing their relevance. One is age. People often try to rule players as too old and to look for a younger option but why bother if Gordon is still our very best and a key player. Also some people try saying players should be first team regulars or we should look at other options but our best players last night have lacked first team football recently in Nathan Patterson, Billy Gilmour and Kieran Tierney.

He came out for that corner on 90 mins and claimed it beautifully tonight. A cheer went up like another goal went in. Tremendous!

(Although the wee man, a Jambo, says to me “That’s the first time he’s ever came out for a cross in his puff!”) 😆

Edited by McTeeko

8 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

He came out for that corner on 90 mins and claimed it beautifully tonight. A cheer went up like another goal went in. Tremendous!

(Although the wee man, a Jambo, says to me “That’s the first time he’s ever came out for a cross in his puff!”) 😆

😃😄

13 hours ago, McTeeko said:

😂

Almost exactly what I was thinking at the time. Not only did he come off his line once but he did it three times, THREE fukin times!!! I assume he has been reading the TAMB. 😉

It makes a huge difference to the whole defence if you have a keeper who is prepared to do that.

Now he just needs to work on his distribution. He'll be a fantastic keeper one day. 😉

2 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Best keeper I've ever seen in a Scotland jersey by a long shot. 

Goram was a better keeper in my opinion. Even if you disagree surely you can’t think Gordon is better “by a long shot”? 

Gordon loves playing for Scotland though and never lets us down. I wonder how long he’ll play for. 

32 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Gordon, Goram, McGregor, Leighton, Marshall in my opinion. 

Just shows how folk see things differently.

I would go, McGregor, Goram, Leighton, Marshall, Gordon. The main reason I would go for the two Rangers keepers first is down to their distribution skills being far higher than any of the others. I might place Gordon in his youth a bit higher than I would place him now. I just don't think he is nearly as good as he used to be. But if he is going to keep on coming for and getting cross balls like he did on Monday then he might go up in my estimations again.

17 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Just shows how folk see things differently.

I would go, McGregor, Goram, Leighton, Marshall, Gordon. The main reason I would go for the two Rangers keepers first is down to their distribution skills being far higher than any of the others. I might place Gordon in his youth a bit higher than I would place him now. I just don't think he is nearly as good as he used to be. But if he is going to keep on coming for and getting cross balls like he did on Monday then he might go up in my estimations again.

Having watched Craig Gordon pretty much every week during both spells at Hearts i think he is playing as well as i have ever seen him.

I would certainly put him in the top three with Goram and Leighton. 

I just wish Gordon was 10 years younger - my big fear for last few years is we dont have any real great keepers coming through 

Gordon 38, Marshall i think 36 and McLoughlin at 34 - then you have Clarke and Kelly who are ok at domestic level but a few levels below those 3

I know a few people say McCrorie but needs first team football at a decent level for a few years before you could cast judgement on him 

41 minutes ago, borojock said:

I just wish Gordon was 10 years younger - my big fear for last few years is we dont have any real great keepers coming through 

Gordon 38, Marshall i think 36 and McLoughlin at 34 - then you have Clarke and Kelly who are ok at domestic level but a few levels below those 3

I know a few people say McCrorie but needs first team football at a decent level for a few years before you could cast judgement on him 

I’m not too worried, I think McGlaughlin and McCrorie will both be good keepers should anything happen to Gordon. McCrorie may be the long term successor or it may be one of the even younger ones. 

I think Gordon is now playing the best football of his career for whatever reason and we have centre halves and Gilmour/McGregor who can deal with the ball should it arrive unexpectedly.