Moldova v Scotland game thread - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Moldova v Scotland game thread

gkm_vancouver

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Armstrong is a very very strange pick

yeah i agree not much game time this season and i dont think the oppostion merits that style of player i would have gone 2 upfront 

However looking forward to the game and sure we'll get 3 points 

Armstrong seems a rather strange choice. Especially if he is employed as a makeshift striker or playing just off the ST.

Surprised it isn't Nesbitt instead tbh.

Given we've struggled for goals, it might be a change to 5-2-2-1 that helps fashion more chances. Hopefully get an early goal and settle everything.

Edited by Blantyre_Braveheart

I'm quite surprised at how many on here, and across the internet, seemed to have convinced themselves that Brown would have started. When has Clarke ever brought in someone new and immediately put them directly into the first 11? Maybe with the exception of Covid crises, though maybe not even then.

This is the team I expected, but wouldn't have chosen myself. I'd have had Turnbull ahead of Armstrong, but i understand why he has gone with this 11.

7 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I'm quite surprised at how many on here, and across the internet, seemed to have convinced themselves that Brown would have started. When has Clarke ever brought in someone new and immediately put them directly into the first 11? Maybe with the exception of Covid crises, though maybe not even then.

This is the team I expected, but wouldn't have chosen myself. I'd have had Turnbull ahead of Armstrong, but i understand why he has gone with this 11.

I would have played Turnbull or another striker ahead of Armstrong. I really cant see what he offers in a game we really should be attacking.

Apart from the Tierney Robertson switch against Denmark it's hard to fault Clarkes team selection, hopefully he's got it right again.

13 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

He's actually done that several times.

Brophy vs. Cyprus

Devlin vs. Russia

Fleck vs. Russia

Findlay vs. San Marino

Gallagher vs. Cyprus

Dykes vs. Israel

Turnbull vs. Netherlands

30 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

Armstrong seems a rather strange choice. Especially if he is employed as a makeshift striker or playing just off the ST.

Surprised it isn't Nesbitt instead tbh.

Given we've struggled for goals, it might be a change to 5-2-2-1 that helps fashion more chances. Hopefully get an early goal and settle everything.

I know we've had a few call offs but I don't think we need to sink the depths of calling up Rab C. 😉

3 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

What a year eh. 

This time last year we had qualified for nothing for 20+ years and one year on with competition football under our belt we are 90 mins away from a playoff with a game to spare. 

I think the nations league has played a major part in that. We are a lot closer in the amount of competitive games we have played as opposed to other countries that were making playoffs and tournament finals.

Just compare how important a lot of our recent games have been compared to the last 20 years when our chances of qualification were done and dusted long before the final game.

This is our most important game since the last one seems to mean something these days.

11 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Brophy vs. Cyprus

Devlin vs. Russia

Fleck vs. Russia

Findlay vs. San Marino

Gallagher vs. Cyprus

Dykes vs. Israel

Turnbull vs. Netherlands

Well spotted. Shows how much the squad has improved when you think that Brophy, Findlay and Devlin are no longer involved. Also blows out the water the theory that Clarke is too loyal and conservative. He is changing the squad by evolution not revolution.

31 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Brophy vs. Cyprus

Devlin vs. Russia

Fleck vs. Russia

Findlay vs. San Marino

Gallagher vs. Cyprus

Dykes vs. Israel

Turnbull vs. Netherlands

I stand corrected!

Turnbull's was most likely due to that mini-covid crisis we had though. The rest, I would say was Clarke going through a period of trying to find his best team. We are much more settled now and I love that we have a large core of players, with only small tweaks needing to be made here and there.