Fraser - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fraser

Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

What did he do to Bournemouth?

Sign a contract, see out the duration of contract, then leave?

No idea what he was/is on, a quick look reports £40k a week, but do you think if he broke his leg in that extra two month contract period, Bournemouth would’ve said, “don’t worry, we’ll give you that £40k a week even though you’re not contracted to us”

He did what anyone would do in that situation and secure his own future first. 

Disagree, others would've been willing to take the short term contract to help their team mates.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Disagree, others would've been willing to take the short term contract to help their team mates.

Maybe so, that would be completely up to them, he signed a contract and honoured it. 

As I said, what would’ve happened to him if he got a serious injury and couldn’t play for anyone for 12-18 months?

Who would pay him?

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Maybe so, that would be completely up to them, he signed a contract and honoured it. 

As I said, what would’ve happened to him if he got a serious injury and couldn’t play for anyone for 12-18 months?

Who would pay him?

That's a risk a player would take, nobody would pay him if injured. He decided not to take the risk, that's up to him. The perception of him is one of a selfish wee cunt because he isn't willing to put his body on the line

Fuck him. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

What did he do to Bournemouth?

Sign a contract, see out the duration of contract, then leave?

No idea what he was/is on, a quick look reports £40k a week, but do you think if he broke his leg in that extra two month contract period, Bournemouth would’ve said, “don’t worry, we’ll give you that £40k a week even though you’re not contracted to us”

He did what anyone would do in that situation and secure his own future first. 

Come on you cant believe that. There was no doubt loads of players everywhere were in same situation and no others were mentioned to do what he done. 

1 hour ago, gaz7 said:

Come on you cant believe that. There was no doubt loads of players everywhere were in same situation and no others were mentioned to do what he done. 

Because they maybe felt it was worth the risk, he didn’t, you can’t hold that against him, he signed a contract and honoured it, he done nothing wrong when he never extended it, anyone that says he did is quite frankly, clueless. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Because they maybe felt it was worth the risk, he didn’t, you can’t hold that against him, he signed a contract and honoured it, he done nothing wrong when he never extended it, anyone that says he did is quite frankly, clueless. 

I can hold it against him if I want, I think I will. 🍻 cheers

Sad to hear about this in the midst of such unprecedented positivity.

Problem is we do not really have a like-for-like replacement. Forrest is the nearest but he is injury prone and ageing. Mikey Johnston has potential but is really untried and inexperienced. Haven't seen enough of Jacob Brown to know if he is in the same mould. From the U21s I think Middleton is not too far away and could perform a Fraser-like role. Scott Wright has pace but is not a great goalscorer and is limited to sub appearances at club level. 

Just now, Third Lanark said:

Sad to hear about this in the midst of such unprecedented positivity.

Problem is we do not really have a like-for-like replacement. Forrest is the nearest but he is injury prone and ageing. Mikey Johnston has potential but is really untried and inexperienced. Haven't seen enough of Jacob Brown to know if he is in the same mould. From the U21s I think Middleton is not too far away and could perform a Fraser-like role. Scott Wright has pace but is not a great goalscorer and is limited to sub appearances at club level. 

I've just had a thought: is it too late for Barrie McKay?

It's becoming less of an issue with the strength of the squad now but a pity as he does offer something different and has got a few crucial goals and 7 assists in his 22 caps.  He's got an injury record on a par with Tierney over the last few years but nowhere near in terms of establishing himself at his current club. At 27yo he is potentially at his peak age so may be shooting himself in the foot if he is jeopardising a potential world cup squad place by dropping out unnecessarily in order to get a team place under Howe. He may be getting some bad advice but if so really needs to make a statement if the injury is genuine.

It’s one thing in his situation, being out of contract to not want to sign a new temporary one.  People might not agree with it but you can understand his position.

However, then coming out and saying publicly that if he had played they wouldn’t have been relegated marks him down as a grade a selfish cunt. 

7 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

It's becoming less of an issue with the strength of the squad now but a pity as he does offer something different and has got a few crucial goals and 7 assists in his 22 caps.  He's got an injury record on a par with Tierney over the last few years but nowhere near in terms of establishing himself at his current club. At 27yo he is potentially at his peak age so may be shooting himself in the foot if he is jeopardising a potential world cup squad place by dropping out unnecessarily in order to get a team place under Howe. He may be getting some bad advice but if so really needs to make a statement if the injury is genuine.

Never realised he had 7 assists, he also has 4 goals. Thats pretty impressive in only 22 caps. It is a bit of a disgrace that hes only managed 22 caps. A player like him should have at least 40 by now. 

On 11/13/2021 at 3:20 PM, Tartan Chris said:

Yep Clarke is bang on. With spirit in the squad currently and pretty much all of them breaking necks to get to the camp after club games (and also Dykes offering to come out to Moldova with them) it's the best it's probably been since mid 2000s so why break that just letting back in players who aren't committed to the cause and want to be involved or not on their terms?

Fraser can be decent on his day and scored a crucial goal in Israel but he's always been one who's pulled out of many squads in previous years.

Not like he's even playing much at Newcastle currently either, would've been more useful a few years back when in form at Bournemouth.

He will have to play well rest of the season and grovel a fair bit on the phone to get any sort of chance for March games. We'll see.

That's pretty much my view as well.

If Eddie Howe can get him back to the level he was at two or three seasons ago, where he was one the top assisters (is that a word?) in the EPL, then he could be an asset, but on current form he's not a massive loss.

14 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Never realised he had 7 assists, he also has 4 goals. Thats pretty impressive in only 22 caps. It is a bit of a disgrace that hes only managed 22 caps. A player like him should have at least 40 by now. 

That was down to Strachan. Part of his ultimate downfall was that he was too loyal to several underachieving experienced players and reluctant to give the young lads a chance.

Ryan Fraser should have been in playing for Scotland at least twelve months before he was finally given his debut against England.

Stuart Armstrong should have been capped at least three years earlier than he was and whilst still with Dundee Utd. Meanwhile, Barry Bannan and James McArthur were guaranteed starters, no matter how much they were fucking things up.

Callum McGregor had to wait until Malky Mackay was in temporary charge to make his debut !

Even after giving Andy Robertson his debut, he was quite hesitant about throwing him in despite his obvious ability and gave Craig feckin Forsyth a few caps ahead of him.

When he did finally start trusting these guys, and they made some difference, it was just too late.

Nice subtle wee dig from Faddy in the studio afterwards. There must have been a bit of dubiety about Fraser's "injury" after all. Not sure if the SFA will officially tell him to GTF, but I wouldn't be sorry if they did. Imagine not wanting to be involved in nights/weeks like we've just had? You'd think it'd be the pinnacle for a Scotland player. Oh well... his loss. Much better that the place in the squad is used by someone who'll give everything for the team.

48 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Nice subtle wee dig from Faddy in the studio afterwards. There must have been a bit of dubiety about Fraser's "injury" after all. Not sure if the SFA will officially tell him to GTF, but I wouldn't be sorry if they did. Imagine not wanting to be involved in nights/weeks like we've just had? You'd think it'd be the pinnacle for a Scotland player. Oh well... his loss. Much better that the place in the squad is used by someone who'll give everything for the team.

Different type of player but I’d be in favour of dropping Fraser for Ryan Gauld. We don’t play wingers anyway. 

And Patterson is a better wing back.