Fraser - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fraser

Squirrelhumper

Total non story.

Fraser pulled out injured. This would have been done with communication between the Newcastle and SFA physio teams. 

He was pictured doing light training. Would people really rather he came away knowing he was injured, possibly started and had to be subbed after 10 mins? By pulling out he gave Clarke the opportunity of calling up a replacement. Its the opposite of being selfish.

Lets just for a minute entertain that he isnt really injured and was faking it. Whats the last thing you would do in those circumstances? Yip, openly do a training session.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Diamond Scot said:

Total non story.

Fraser pulled out injured. This would have been done with communication between the Newcastle and SFA physio teams. 

He was pictured doing light training. Would people really rather he came away knowing he was injured, possibly started and had to be subbed after 10 mins? By pulling out he gave Clarke the opportunity of calling up a replacement. Its the opposite of being selfish.

Lets just for a minute entertain that he isnt really injured and was faking it. Whats the last thing you would do in those circumstances? Yip, openly do a training session.

Exactly 😂

The OP and fellow knickerwetters are basing their judgement on tabloid paper headlines rather than basic common sense. 

Comical overreaction. 

5 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Total non story.

While none of us know the full story it is pretty funny the number of people that seem to think players should be lying in bed just because they pull out of a Scotland squad. 

Even players that are genuinely injured and can’t play for their clubs still take part in training (depending on how bad their injury is obviously). 

11 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

And that's the thing - IF he's at it -none of us know for sure.

He has called off a few times before but he's also turned up many times before, often doing well when he has played.

Considering we're just one win away from reaching the play-offs for the World Cup finals, it's a funny time to start acting it - if he is.  🤔

6 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Funny that the players being complained about are born and bred 'Scotsmen' yet the most enthusiastic is a so-called 'eligible.' 

Indeed.  Yet some posters on here talk about "eligibles" the same way most people talk about head lice.  🙄

12 hours ago, Malcolm said:

I think Fraser might find himself out of the next squad.

I think you might be right. I don't think Clarke was too pleased.

We've got depth now so fraser won't be a huge miss. He's replacable u like Tierney, Robertson and arguably Gordon

Controversial opinion, the Under21s are no big deal and if hickey thinks he'd be better off having a break I don't begrudge it. 

Different story if it's the full squad.

Id scrap the 21s and only have it upto 18s.

Fraser has been a constant call off and the plastic pitch incident means he deserves scrutiny.

3 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

Controversial opinion, the Under21s are no big deal and if hickey thinks he'd be better off having a break I don't begrudge it. 

Different story if it's the full squad.

Id scrap the 21s and only have it upto 18s.

Fraser has been a constant call off and the plastic pitch incident means he deserves scrutiny.

And the bridge between 18 and 21s? what happens to this?

1 minute ago, aaid said:

I wonder what Fraser’s new manager thinks of him given the circumstances of how their previous involvement ended and in particular Fraser’s subsequent comments.

According to a newspaper report I read online a couple of days ago they have patched up their differences which does surprise me.

30 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

According to a newspaper report I read online a couple of days ago they have patched up their differences which does surprise me.

I saw that, but I’m more interested in what he really thinks.  He’s not exactly going to lambast him publicly.

I’m reminded of Ferguson and Strachan, which he covers in his autobiography.

When he was at Aberdeen, they’d lined up a transfer for Strachan to FC Koln. Strachan had agreed, then reneged on it and ended up at Man Utd.  From that point on Ferguson never trusted Strachan.

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I think hes done.

FB_IMG_1636806615752.jpg

Perhaps.

I think Ryan Fraser is living in the past to some degree. In a past where we did not have many options in many places and maybe players thought a call-up was guaranteed for them. Things have changed now and the team spirit is strong and we have options in many places across the pitch. Cannae be arsed is not an option any more.

Yep Clarke is bang on. With spirit in the squad currently and pretty much all of them breaking necks to get to the camp after club games (and also Dykes offering to come out to Moldova with them) it's the best it's probably been since mid 2000s so why break that just letting back in players who aren't committed to the cause and want to be involved or not on their terms?

Fraser can be decent on his day and scored a crucial goal in Israel but he's always been one who's pulled out of many squads in previous years.

Not like he's even playing much at Newcastle currently either, would've been more useful a few years back when in form at Bournemouth.

He will have to play well rest of the season and grovel a fair bit on the phone to get any sort of chance for March games. We'll see.

Fuck him. Playing for Scotland is the ultimate achievement,  goal, blessing there is in life for any footballer. Dont want him, and dinnae fuckin need him... Alba Gu Brath...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

TBH, he's not a big loss. Apart from a couple of good games - Israel and Albania (a). He's an incredibly frustrating footballer. He's got previous too for this under different coaches.

Him, Matt Phillips/Ritchie etc can all GTF, we don't need them, rather we promoted someone like Lewis Ferguson, Ralston, Mikey Johnston etc and think to the future.

On 11/10/2021 at 5:41 PM, gaz7 said:

Let's be honest here Fraser is a wee rat. What he done with Bournemouth was one of the biggest pieces of shit I have seen from a footballer. Hes also nothing startling anymore after his 1 season wonder. Yes we dont know ins and outs but if I was guessing I'd say hes wanting to impress new manager Howe who I'd imagine does not have a high opinion of him after Bournemouth shenanigans and in that case get him to f@@k. Imagine not wanting to be involved in games of this magnitude. Unbelievable to me but not the footballing mercenaries. 

What did he do to Bournemouth?

Sign a contract, see out the duration of contract, then leave?

No idea what he was/is on, a quick look reports £40k a week, but do you think if he broke his leg in that extra two month contract period, Bournemouth would’ve said, “don’t worry, we’ll give you that £40k a week even though you’re not contracted to us”

He did what anyone would do in that situation and secure his own future first. 

I think he is a good player, but at the end of the day he isn't a starter.

From the other night, we have Christie to come back, and now have Brown who also seems to be a decent attacking option. Stevie Clarke will feel he has enough from players who are desperate to play so its shrug and move on for me.

Edited by runningtings
typo