Fraser - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Fraser

Squirrelhumper

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did he turn up, get assessed by our medical staff and then sent home or did he just not bother coming along?  Maybe he's fit enough to do some light training with his club but not match fit?  Going by his past record you've got to be suspicious.  He was probably a certain starter up front alongside Adams and he knows how short of options we are so you'd think he'd be bursting a gut to get involved.

Given that, if he's at it then he should be told in no uncertain terms to GTF. 

17 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Is this a new obsession?

Hes played multiple times over the last few years and played well and contributed.

Stop with this pish you balloon. 

Sorry but he had probably pulled out of more squads than anyone else before we became competitive again. 

And he refused to play on a plastic pitch 

2 hours ago, daviebee said:

Did he turn up, get assessed by our medical staff and then sent home or did he just not bother coming along?  Maybe he's fit enough to do some light training with his club but not match fit?  Going by his past record you've got to be suspicious.  He was probably a certain starter up front alongside Adams and he knows how short of options we are so you'd think he'd be bursting a gut to get involved.

Given that, if he's at it then he should be told in no uncertain terms to GTF. 

And that's the thing - IF he's at it -none of us know for sure.

30 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Sorry but he had probably pulled out of more squads than anyone else before we became competitive again. 

And he refused to play on a plastic pitch 

Lots of footballers with historical knee injuries/problems have done the same thing as they're more likely to aggravate these!  A good example was Ibrahimovic didn't play for L.A Galaxy whenever they had to play on certain artificial pitches for that very reason which was often!

Also Fraser played against the Faroes which was on a plastic pitch

However there are very few players that have a history of pulling out squads like Fraser has so it's understandable folk are questioning his commitment.

FWIW it's the Daily Mail (Fraser) and the Sun (Hickey) doing their usual mud slinging before a big Scotland match so f**k anything they have to say.

Edited by kwhitelaw

10 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

Lots of footballers with historical knee injuries/problems have done the same thing as they're more likely to aggravate these!  A good example was Ibrahimovic didn't play for L.A Galaxy whenever they had to play on certain artificial pitches for that very reason which was often!

Also Fraser played against the Faroes which was on a plastic pitch

However there are very few players that have a history of pulling out squads like Fraser has so it's understandable folk are questioning his commitment.

FWIW it's the Daily Mail (Fraser) and the Sun (Hickey) doing their usual mud slinging before a big Scotland so f**k anything they have to say.

Tbf it's not mud slinging. Its facts.

1 Hickey stuff was confirmed by Gemmell. 

2. Fraser is literally training with Newcastle as normal. 

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

Tbf it's not mud slinging. Its facts.

1 Hickey stuff was confirmed by Gemmell. 

2. Fraser is literally training with Newcastle as normal. 

Aye it's fact they've pulled out the squad, but is there any context given in the report to the sort of training Fraser was doing?  Was it full on or lighter due to his injury?  

Both these papers have a long long history of stirring up sh*t to undermine the national team especially when there's a bit of positivity for a change and that's exactly what they're doing here.  I'll give our players the benefit of the doubt before giving anything these rags report any credence.  F**k them

Fraser should be ditched from the national team permenantly.

Clarke should speak directly to Hickey and warn him he must start turning up. In light of his age, I'd give Hickey one more chance.

By contrast, watch Jacob Brown's interview on the national team's youtube page.

That is a player who is bloody proud to have been called up, knows what it means to his family, desperate to get on the pitch and grateful for the chance to do so. Great attitude.

Edited by ErsatzThistle

Ill admit, I dint know all the facts surrounding Fraser but its it a good look. What was discussed regarding Scotland, what type of training happened at Newcastle? If those answers are nit satisfactory then I'd strongly consider not calling him again unless its a last resort.  

4 hours ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Fraser should be ditched from the national team permenantly.

Clarke should speak directly to Hickey and warn him he must start turning up. In light of his age, I'd give Hickey one more chance.

By contrast, watch Jacob Brown's interview on the national team's youtube page.

That is a player who is bloody proud to have been called up, knows what it means to his family, desperate to get on the pitch and grateful for the chance to do so. Great attitude.

Funny that the players being complained about are born and bred 'Scotsmen' yet the most enthusiastic is a so-called 'eligible.' 

Let's be honest here Fraser is a wee rat. What he done with Bournemouth was one of the biggest pieces of shit I have seen from a footballer. Hes also nothing startling anymore after his 1 season wonder. Yes we dont know ins and outs but if I was guessing I'd say hes wanting to impress new manager Howe who I'd imagine does not have a high opinion of him after Bournemouth shenanigans and in that case get him to f@@k. Imagine not wanting to be involved in games of this magnitude. Unbelievable to me but not the footballing mercenaries. 

God, we don’t half love an overreaction as fans do we? 😂 

Nobody knows the facts but the person closest to being able to judge the situation is Steve Clarke. He will know whether Fraser is taking the pash, or not. I trust his judgement.  

Anything else about past call offs from Fraser, plastic pitches, and training with Newcastle is just noise. Players have genuinely been good at turning up for Clarke which is a great sign. It was only the other month that Fraser was getting heavy pressure from Steve Bruce not to go away with Scotland but he still did. 

You can be fit enough for on the field light training but not fit enough for proper training or matches. I've no idea if Fraser is fit or not but I'd suspect he is probably not going to be in the next squad. Even if it is just light training I doubt Clarke will be too happy seeing those pictures.

Ryan Jack has been on light on the field training for about a month.

22 minutes ago, Blantyre_Braveheart said:

You can be fit enough for on the field light training but not fit enough for proper training or matches. I've no idea if Fraser is fit or not but I'd suspect he is probably not going to be in the next squad. Even if it is just light training I doubt Clarke will be too happy seeing those pictures.

Ryan Jack has been on light on the field training for about a month.

Jack must be doing more than that surely if he came off the bench on Saturday?