Anyone coming to Chisinau? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone coming to Chisinau?

theabsentee

3 hours ago, theabsentee said:

I landed last night & wondered if anyone is coming & wants to meet for a beer or 3?😉

Looks like you can buy tickets online but I've just sourced a local ticket shop so I'm heading to buy there. 

Your making a right good trip of it.Landed on Sunday.Think most people will start arriving Wednesday night.Hope it's a good trip for everyone,and of course a good result.

8 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Your making a right good trip of it.Landed on Sunday.Think most people will start arriving Wednesday night.Hope it's a good trip for everyone,and of course a good result.

From where i live flights only once a week, my excuse anyway, not that i need one 😉

Not seen or heard any other Scottish yet but there's a bunch a  Bolton fans in this bar, all smashed & rather vocal. 

Last time i saw as many of them as this i was in the away end supporting Gretna in the FA Cup & Singing oh Wanky Wanky, Wanky wanky wanderers with the help of some Wigan fans 😂 Gretna where giving them a good game until John McGinley came off the bench & scored twice.. 

3 hours ago, theabsentee said:

From where i live flights only once a week, my excuse anyway, not that i need one 😉

Not seen or heard any other Scottish yet but there's a bunch a  Bolton fans in this bar, all smashed & rather vocal. 

Last time i saw as many of them as this i was in the away end supporting Gretna in the FA Cup & Singing oh Wanky Wanky, Wanky wanky wanderers with the help of some Wigan fans 😂 Gretna where giving them a good game until John McGinley came off the bench & scored twice.. 

Got to wonder what a bunch of Bolton fans are doing in a bar in Moldova in November.

25 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Got to wonder what a bunch of Bolton fans are doing in a bar in Moldova in November.

I thought the same, one of them 60th birthday bash, mix of old & young. That's maybe the negative side of the budget airline industry, its a long time since you could only fly to the likes of Prague, Budapest & Krakow for next to nowt. Almost everywhere in Central/ East Europe has had the pleasure of a drunken squad of brits now.

41 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

I thought the same, one of them 60th birthday bash, mix of old & young. That's maybe the negative side of the budget airline industry, its a long time since you could only fly to the likes of Prague, Budapest & Krakow for next to nowt. Almost everywhere in Central/ East Europe has had the pleasure of a drunken squad of brits now.

Suppose they can get hammered pretty cheaply in Moldova.

5 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We arrive Wednesday night/early hours of Thursday 

Andy's restaurant/bars mate, pretty cheap & decent, there's a few of them scattered about, unless you can get summit in your hotel they open 24 hours if your landing late & still need watering. 

21 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Yeh its still pretty cheap here. Met them in the Kozel pub, that's a good quality Czech beer that seems pretty popular here for a £1 a pint Local stuff seems about 80p though I've not had a lot as pacing myself before the big kick off😊🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Bolton lads where having vodka chasers with their pints, that combo will kill you so i politely turned down their invitation to join. 

14 hours ago, thesaint said:

Was a bit sleepy last night & got my exchange rates mixed up. More like a quid a local pint & £1.50 for imported stuff. Still not a bank breaker 👍

Anyone any idea how many roughly are coming? Not many people here seem aware of it,  there's not a huge amount of bars either so i will warn a few tonight that they need to be prepared staff wise. 

Maybe need a match thread for this comment but i find it slightly strange we have chosen to train in Spain prior to matches in potentially near freezing Moldova & probably wet & cold Glasgow. 

I'm no sports scientist but obviously someone at the sfa feels acclimatising before a game isnt important. 

30 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Was a bit sleepy last night & got my exchange rates mixed up. More like a quid a local pint & £1.50 for imported stuff. Still not a bank breaker 👍

Anyone any idea how many roughly are coming? Not many people here seem aware of it,  there's not a huge amount of bars either so i will warn a few tonight that they need to be prepared staff wise. 

Most people seem to think that there will be 1000-1200 travelling.Certainly 2 charter flights plus plenty of guys making roundabout journeys to get there.

2 hours ago, theabsentee said:

Maybe need a match thread for this comment but i find it slightly strange we have chosen to train in Spain prior to matches in potentially near freezing Moldova & probably wet & cold Glasgow. 

I'm no sports scientist but obviously someone at the sfa feels acclimatising before a game isnt important. 

I thought the same.

Plus it seems particularly weird flying from Glasgow to Spain during COP26. SFA setting a fine example.

We are arriving very late Thursday on the Wizz Air flight from Luton.

Will ditch bags and head out for a few late beers.

Up early the next day for the Davy Bus tour to Transnistria. 

Back in time for some beers, the game, three points and more celebratory beers.

J

6 hours ago, theabsentee said:

I don’t think you really need to acclimatise to play in cold and wet weather, especially if you are playing in Britain for your club. 

Going to a cold country before playing in a hot one probably wouldn’t be the best of ideas but I don’t really see an issue the other way round.