Pubs - Moldova v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Pubs

dezmondo

Yep, 2004 everyone was scattered all over the place, but a English and Irish bar seemed to be the two main focal points, but everyone hung around the university area (at the end of the main drag that goes through the two large parks in the city centre)

4 minutes ago, Rents said:

Is anybody aware on how the restrictions are affecting the opening times? 

We dont get there till until around 10pm on Thursday and what to head out for some beers.

Word I’m hearing is it’s fine. Late night opening etc.

My flight doesn’t land until 2355 on Thursday. It’s a case of immigration, taxi, check in, dump gear, then wander out for a couple of nightcaps. 

J

9 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Word I’m hearing is it’s fine. Late night opening etc.

My flight doesn’t land until 2355 on Thursday. It’s a case of immigration, taxi, check in, dump gear, then wander out for a couple of nightcaps. 

J

Cheers mate

Yeh we are hoping for a quick turnaround myself. The Air Moldova flight was put back 1 hour so that cuts into our time over in Chisnau.

18 minutes ago, Rents said:

Is anybody aware on how the restrictions are affecting the opening times? 

We dont get there till until around 10pm on Thursday and what to head out for some beers.

Mate who is there just now after arriving this morning, you will need a paper copy of your Vaccine Cert as you will get asked for it to get into places, but on the whole its fine and places are open.

9 minutes ago, wanderer said:

Mate who is there just now after arriving this morning, you will need a paper copy of your Vaccine Cert as you will get asked for it to get into places, but on the whole its fine and places are open.

Got a paper copy printed off. I was hoping that a picture of it would be enough.

1 hour ago, Rents said:

Cheers mate

Yeh we are hoping for a quick turnaround myself. The Air Moldova flight was put back 1 hour so that cuts into our time over in Chisnau.

Our Wizz Air flight went from Thursday morning to 1840 in the evening. Basically killed my day in Chisanau the day before match day.

That said our return flight has been pushed back so I’ll have most of Saturday to see the “sights”.

That sounds great and reassuring as the memories on here from last time (which I wasn't at) sounded like Khasakstan which to me was dire pub wise. I love doing the old soviet states but a decent area for bars and places to go drinking pretty vital on my list !!!🤣 great to hear any more from the first arrivals. We arrive tomorrow night off Bucharest flight at 7pm ish.

Groan. That doesn't sound promising. One of the normal travel sites (maybe "like a local" or trip advisor) was saying streets off the main drag had a few boozers ? No joy ? Hopefully the few places to go are closer together than Astana where you had to take a taxi between pubs. Only the TA could arrive in a city  called Astana and leave a few days later from  Nur-Sultan but it being the same place. It wasnt  easy to digest after three days on the bevy. 

1 hour ago, kumnio said:

It is very much like Astana, not many real pubs, and no area full of them. I’ve found a couple, and I mean two good pubs. But there’s no ‘area’ from what I’ve seen. 

What’s the name of the 2 pubs you found?

Excellent! Just round the corner from the Mon Ami Villa then!