Designated singing section for hampden? Thoughts? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Designated singing section for hampden? Thoughts?

dougiemacfarlanearran

Watching the Chelsea game and the noise is endless from a section, similar to the green brigade at parkhead! Love them or hate them there’s no doubt they bring atmosphere to a normally quiet stadium, and before I’m shot down in flames I’m a Celtic supporter, and understand there’s similar sections at most grounds. 

at hampden it generally starts between north and west stands then reverberates round the whole stadium although sometimes east stand too! I’ve often wondered if a certain section could be designated to certain numbers to keep the noise at a consistent level? 

just wondered if I’m the only one that’s thought this for last 10 years or so? 

2 minutes ago, dougiemacfarlanearran said:

Watching the Chelsea game and the noise is endless from a section, similar to the green brigade at parkhead! Love them or hate them there’s no doubt they bring atmosphere to a normally quiet stadium, and before I’m shot down in flames I’m a Celtic supporter, and understand there’s similar sections at most grounds. 

at hampden it generally starts between north and west stands then reverberates round the whole stadium although sometimes east stand too! I’ve often wondered if a certain section could be designated to certain numbers to keep the noise at a consistent level? 

I’m not sure if green brigade/union bears type sections should be encouraged. I’ve yet to meet a member of either that wasn’t a complete helmet.

42 minutes ago, dougiemacfarlanearran said:

Didn’t mean one or other tbh was just a comparison. But agree 

Yeah I just mean it can create a them and us situation in any support where one group of supporters think they are more important than the majority because they make a noise with drums. We can do without that at Hampden although you could argue that it sort of already exists.

If we beat Moldova next Friday the whole of Hampden will be rocking three days later without a need for a singing section. At least until Denmark score anyway. 😂

8 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Yeah I just mean it can create a them and us situation in any support where one group of supporters think they are more important than the majority because they make a noise with drums. We can do without that at Hampden although you could argue that it sort of already exists.

If we beat Moldova next Friday the whole of Hampden will be rocking three days later without a need for a singing section. At least until Denmark score anyway. 😂

I think it works well at Pittodrie. I've not heard anyone complain about the shed atmosphere yet but then the fans in there haven't given themselves a name like the union bears or green brigade.

It's just an area of the ground where People are encouraged to create an atmosphere 

17 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

The repetoire has gotten a bit stale over the years.

Basically just 2 songs now when they let the fans sing without backing music 

Singing section is a good idea.  Maybe even some bagpipes for the odd skirl..

I would say the atmosphere in recent years is much better than the previous 10 years or so.

A lot more younger folk and a lot less olf pissheads sleeping. 

Wembley in june was best atmosphere out the 3 recent visits for example. By a country mile.

19 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I think it works well at Pittodrie. I've not heard anyone complain about the shed atmosphere yet but then the fans in there haven't given themselves a name like the union bears or green brigade.

It's just an area of the ground where People are encouraged to create an atmosphere 

Yeah I suppose it can work if it’s done the right way. 

38 minutes ago, PapofGlencoe said:

The repetoire has gotten a bit stale over the years.

Basically just 2 songs now when they let the fans sing without backing music 

Singing section is a good idea.  Maybe even some bagpipes for the odd skirl..

Definitely! Least do a fekin dear seems to have disappeared!

27 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I would say the atmosphere in recent years is much better than the previous 10 years or so.

A lot more younger folk and a lot less olf pissheads sleeping. 

Wembley in june was best atmosphere out the 3 recent visits for example. By a country mile.

Wembley in June, nae pissheads? Haha

Im all for the youth enjoying but there was more pished up (coked up) wee Neds down for that than anything I can remember for years.

There's a general.positivity we've not had in many years which brings with it a better atmosphere.  Still think the repetoire is a bit stale but not really complaining.

3 hours ago, dougiemacfarlanearran said:

If the team is giving us their best,the singing will take care of itself.The whole of Hampden as one.