N. Ireland v Scotland u17s now. - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

N. Ireland v Scotland u17s now.

er yir macaroon

24 minutes ago, henry george said:

Ground out a result but, overall, N Ireland were the better side.  Our passing was very poor and although the front 3 looked useful (with Doak the pick of the bunch) they were effectively starved of any service.  Can't believe that's the best defence/midfield we can put out at this level.

I can’t agree with that. The last 30 minutes Scotland were all over them. I didn’t think the midfield were great apart from Dylan Reid who I thought was excellent. He will have a big future. Some of the defenders were a bit stodgy, yes. 

The conditions were fairly horrendous so total football wasn’t really on. 

Passing generally was very poor but especially from the two centre halves and the keeper’s distribution was awful too. Lee Miller’s son in midfield is apparently still under 16 and it showed. He was awful. Doak looked good but final ball was not great. Poor first half but much the better team last 30 minutes. Awful conditions probably did not help with the passing game.