Bad Advice - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bad Advice

GaryWood34

He didn’t play today but why in the **** Gilmour went to Norwich baffled me at the time and it baffles me even more now. He could have went to a team near the top of most European leagues and got a lot of minutes - he would have also gotten on the ball and increased confidence. Even top of the championship if he wanted to stay down south. What it’s clear he isn’t is a relegation battle type player. Very very badly advised.

I remember Souness (not my favourite guy in the world but he’s right) saying he’d have preferred Gilmour to stay at Chelsea and not play but enjoy being around winners and learning from the very best players and a superb manager every day in training as opposed to learning bad habits at canon fodder like Norwich. 

Agree?

I think it’s nearly the worst advice I’ve seen in football. Any other crackers involving Scotland players? 

Edited by GaryWood34

12 minutes ago, GaryWood34 said:

He didn’t play today but why in the **** Gilmour went to Norwich baffled me at the time and it baffles me even more now. He could have went to a team near the top of most European leagues and got a lot of minutes - he would have also gotten on the ball and increased confidence. Even top of the championship if he wanted to stay down south. What it’s clear he isn’t is a relegation battle type player. Very very badly advised.

I remember Souness (not my favourite guy in the world but he’s right) saying he’d have preferred Gilmour to stay at Chelsea and not play but enjoy being around winners and learning from the very best players and a superb manager every day in training as opposed to learning bad habits at canon fodder like Norwich. 

Agree?

I think it’s nearly the worst advice I’ve seen in football. Any other crackers involving Scotland players? 

👍

Remember that it is Chelsea who call the shots.

There is no way Chelsea would have okayed a move to a top six club even if they had wanted him (which is unlikely that was the case). They'd only have allowed him to go to a lesser EPL club such as Norwich where he'd not be capable of playing for a team that was going to be challenging Chelsea. Similarily, there is no evidence to say a big club overseas wanted him hence why he is at a club like Norwich.

3 hours ago, GaryWood34 said:

Agree?

Is that true though?

It could still turn out a positive more for him, even if Norwich are almost guaranteed to get relegated. Up to him to impose himself on the team as best he can and leave a better player. 

Edited by ParisInAKilt

1 hour ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Remember that it is Chelsea who call the shots.

There is no way Chelsea would have okayed a move to a top six club even if they had wanted him (which is unlikely that was the case). They'd only have allowed him to go to a lesser EPL club such as Norwich where he'd not be capable of playing for a team that was going to be challenging Chelsea. Similarily, there is no evidence to say a big club overseas wanted him hence why he is at a club like Norwich.

I don’t think he would get a game in top 6 EPL club but I do think he would walk in to a top 6 team in Spain, France or Holland.

• 2 months later...