See You Next Tuesday - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

See You Next Tuesday

Where do people stand on the use of the word 'cunt?' 

I'm quite fond of it myself as some of you may have noticed. Used in the proper vernacular I find it a very descriptive noun/adjective. I'm aware for some however it's use is an anathema. 

What's the consensus here on the TAMB? 

I hate it . You will no be surprised though as that was the only  criticism I had of your book . Over use of the word ‘c*nt’ 😁

I cant even bring myself to type it never mind say it. As you mentioned though context is everything,  and it can be funny in the right situation, but as a woman I really dislike it.

As sweary words go , I prefer a genteel ‘fook’ . Or ‘shite ‘ . Shite is a great word. 

Edited by TDYER63
made a cunt of it

21 hours ago, dj mick said:

CUNT is the ultimate swear word,, Unless yer a gid cunt of course.

The perfect use of it. 

One of my pals still refers to the day I was speaking about my pals from golf and he asked what that made them, I said cunts from the fitba, there was no offence taken, just how it’s meant to be. 

On 10/25/2021 at 5:35 PM, Mitre said:

It's a term of endearment in South Lanarkshire

Was watching Succession last night and the episode was set in Dundee. Brian Cox plays Logan Roy,  a Scottish born , American media mogul . He is a total bastard. In the episode they are unveiling a plaque for him in his home town of Dundee. He arrives at his old house in Dundee and there is a solitary guy standing outside holding a sign  saying ‘ROY CUNT’🤣

It has to be a reference to Janey Godleys ‘ Trump is a Cunt’ sign at Turnberry. Brian Cox’ s son in law in the programme  then says to him ‘  its like calling someone your buddy in Scotland’ 😁

• 1 month later...

Took a wee notion for roasted cheese there as I haven't had it for ages. Stuck the bread in to toast one side and excited as a 10 year old on Christmas morning, took the cheese from the fridge. It was a new pack with a January best by date on it. I tear it open only to find its fuckin riddled with blue mould! 

Fuck you Morrisons ya robbing cunts! 🙈🤯

42 minutes ago, slasher said:

Took a wee notion for roasted cheese there as I haven't had it for ages. Stuck the bread in to toast one side and excited as a 10 year old on Christmas morning, took the cheese from the fridge. It was a new pack with a January best by date on it. I tear it open only to find its fuckin riddled with blue mould! 

Fuck you Morrisons ya robbing cunts! 🙈🤯

Stilton's no use for toasted cheese. It has to be cheddar. 😉

1 hour ago, vanderark14 said:

😂

Thats possibly the one exception I would make for using the word. Along with ROY CUNT’ of course 😁 
And Rees Mogg Cunt. And Javid Cunt. And Thatcher Cunt. And Raab cunt. 

Meh, maybe I don’t mind it so much after all. 

1 minute ago, Tiny Tim said:

Cheese on toast.

Only if you don't toast the cheese. It's all fairly self explanatory really. I'm not sure why so many folk get confused by this?

I sometimes have cheese on toast, but it's different to toasted cheese.

Anyway we should spare a thought to poor slasher who didn't get any, because his was mouldy.