Harvey Barnes - Page 5 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Harvey Barnes

Third Lanark

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Grant chose his place of birth and where he has lived all of his life - England. He represented them at U-17, U-18 and U-19 level. He last represented England in 2015 and two years later Scotland came calling. And he rejected us in 2017 when he surely would have been most susceptible to a switch and the fact he still turned us down indicates there is no flame burning within him for Scotland.

🤣🤣 I mean the absolute audacity of the chap, telling his ma from the womb where he wanted to be born. 

9 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

🤣🤣 I mean the absolute audacity of the chap, telling his ma from the womb where he wanted to be born. 

🤣Exactly. I don't think we can apply the 'Norman Tebbit Cricket Test' to football nationality. I dislike the grandparent rules as much as Craig (I would be happy though  with the parentage rule)so we have to blame Fifa and Eufa. As long as they exist we have to use them to our advantage or consign ourselves for ever to Pot 4 status.

11 hours ago, gkm_vancouver said:

Apologies I meant he has chosen who he wants to represent - England.

FFS Anyone who still wants and defends us going after someone who has already rejected us because he obviously feels English needs to have a serious look at themselves.

As someone said earlier (slasher I think it was) I have no problem using the haphazard rules on qualifying to play for us and if someone genuinely wants to take up the offer then get them in but that is not Grant (turned us down in 2017) and not Barnes ('English through and through' his dad's description). 

Edited by Caledonian Craig

16 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Apologies I meant he has chosen who he wants to represent - England.

FFS Anyone who still wants and defends us going after someone who has already rejected us because he obviously feels English needs to have a serious look at themselves.

As someone said earlier (slasher I think it was) I have no problem using the haphazard rules on qualifying to play for us and if someone genuinely wants to take up the offer then get them in but that is not Grant (turned us down in 2017) and not Barnes ('English through and through' his dad's description). 

Were does Che Adams fit into that line of thought? 

8 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Were does Che Adams fit into that line of thought? 

Not sure if he rejected us. I was not that keen on his addition but if he hasn't rejected us and shows us commitment which he has in playing for us then fine. This is unlike Grant who was asked way before Adams and rejected us. Barnes is not in the discussion as he is not using his dual nationality as he clearly feels and is English.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

4 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Not sure if he rejected us. I was not that keen on his addition but if he hasn't rejected us and shows us commitment which he has in playing for us then fine. This is unlike Grant who was asked way before Adams and rejected us. Barnes is not in the discussion as he is not using his dual nationality as he clearly feels and is English.

Sure Adams rejected an approach in 2017. 

They are similar, as much as we might not want it to be. 

19 hours ago, ProudScot said:

And rightly so.

they would improve our squad as Adams, Dykes & others have done so in the past. 

Surprised on the name you use on the forum,considering some of the nonsense you are spouting regarding guys that have point blank turned us down.Proud of what exactly?  Going cap in hand to some guys that have commited to england.Doesn't  add up to me.

3 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

In my world (which we don't live in) then if he point blank refused us then I would not have asked him again. They did and there you go. Once in the side they all get my 100% support. 

Correct.If you are commited to Scotland,you would only need to be asked once.