Harvey Barnes - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Harvey Barnes

Third Lanark

Since we have a thread about Karlan Grant, I'm wondering about this eligible Leicester winger. On Sportsound Dareen Jackson suggested Clarke had been monitoring the situation. Faddy thought he might still be harbouring England ambitions but he is behind a pretty long list: Sterling, Rashford, Foden, Grealish, Saka and Greenwood for starters. He is an EPL quality player, unlike Mr. Grant and Mr Phillips and would definitely add quality and depth in an area where we are lacking - wide attacking left. 

I fully expect to be met with a  volley of abuse because he played for England lower levels and even featured in a first team friendly which doesn't count for WC/Euro puposes.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Since we have a thread about Karlan Grant, I'm wondering about this eligible Leicester winger. On Sportsound Dareen Jackson suggested Clarke had been monitoring the situation. Faddy thought he might still be harbouring England ambitions but he is behind a pretty long list: Sterling, Rashford, Foden, Grealish, Saka and Greenwood for starters. He is an EPL quality player, unlike Mr. Grant and Mr Phillips and would definitely add quality and depth in an area where we are lacking - wide attacking left. 

I fully expect to be met with a  volley of abuse because he played for England lower levels and even featured in a first team friendly which doesn't count for WC/Euro puposes.

You surely will receive the inevitable volley of abuse 😄 Bizarrely, probably from people whom are quite happy to support a club side containing, at most, 2 players even from the actual country the club plays in!

There are many reasons to expect flak though. Perhaps from Harvey Barnes himself or family in believing he'd do the dirty on England. He's made his decision and until he decides otherwise then that is the way it will stay.

I can happily say I will never openly tout and scrounge another country's player in a post on the TAMB.

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

There are many reasons to expect flak though. Perhaps from Harvey Barnes himself or family in believing he'd do the dirty on England. He's made his decision and until he decides otherwise then that is the way it will stay.

I can happily say I will never openly tout and scrounge another country's player in a post on the TAMB.

Bit harsh to suggest the op was touting or scrounging, think he was just bringing something up to discuss 🤔

6 minutes ago, todd said:

Bit harsh to suggest the op was touting or scrounging, think he was just bringing something up to discuss 🤔

The OP should know better than to listen to desperate speculation from SportSound pundits. FFS they were shooting in the dark asking for far left of field strikers Clarke will call up for the Moldova game but for what reason? Dykes is missing one game and Adams more than likely will start. No way does Clarke dip in and pull an untried, untested and uncapped striker out of thin air and whats more play him in such a massive game for Scotland. If he adds a striker to the squad (which I doubt he will) it will be Shankland or the likes of McBurnie and neither would play against Moldova.

Edited by Caledonian Craig

3 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

The OP should know better than to listen to desperate speculation from SportSound pundits. FFS they were shooting in the dark asking for far left of field strikers Clarke will call up for the Moldova game but for what reason? Dykes is missing one game and Adams more than likely will start. No way does Clarke dip in and pull an untried, untested and uncapped striker out of thin air and whats more play him in such a massive game for Scotland. If he adds a striker to the squad (which I doubt he will) it will be Shankland or the likes of McBurnie and neither would play against Moldova.

McBurnie 🤣 Theres absolutely no chance he’s getting a call up 

18 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

I agree but far more chance of McBurnie than Harvey Barnes getting a call-up. 👍😂

That is true sadly 🤣 

It would be nice if Shankland started scoring, he’s not scored and doesn’t seem to be starting for his club in Belgium. We could really do with another option. 

8 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

That is true sadly 🤣 

It would be nice if Shankland started scoring, he’s not scored and doesn’t seem to be starting for his club in Belgium. We could really do with another option. 

He started for Beerschott today and played the full 90 minutes. No goal though and they lost 1-0.

41 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Ok

9 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Atleast he’s playing. He will probably be in the squad for Moldova with Dykes out. 

Hmm I am not so sure. Dykes is missing one game and is sure to be back for the Denmark game. The only way I'd see Clarke picking an additional striker is if Adams is injured. We all know Adams will start against Moldova possibly alongside Nisbet or Fraser so Shankland or that other extra striker would be redundant.

3 hours ago, todd said:

You surely will receive the inevitable volley of abuse 😄 Bizarrely, probably from people whom are quite happy to support a club side containing, at most, 2 players even from the actual country the club plays in!

I agree i hate to see club sides full of players from other countries,but to compare that with international football is just daft.The whole point of international football is to represent your country.

3 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

What are you guys all about.Give it a f..king rest will you.Karlan Grant can get to....

14 minutes ago, thesaint said:

I agree i hate to see club sides full of players from other countries,but to compare that with international football is just daft.The whole point of international football is to represent your country.

That's because I'm just a wee daftie I guess 🤷

1 minute ago, csinclair said:

Pretty certain Barnes came out and said he's only interested in playing for England.

Let's hope he is a man of his word.

1 minute ago, csinclair said:

Pretty certain Barnes came out and said he's only interested in playing for England.

3 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Cant be arsed looking back that far, end of the day if karlan grant decides to play for us he will get picked because we have such poor options upfront.

Its not ideal but its reality. 

If he decides to play for us.F..k me,i've heard it all now.