Billy Gilmour..... - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour.....

Big Ramy 1314

3 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Danny Murphy on match of the day says he was not playing because of Matthias normann.

A lot depends who comes in next if it’s a traditional relegation manager who wants battlers , characters etc. comes in he won’t see any game time. 
If he could not gametime under farke who certainly was not the above it still may be hard for him.

He has potential to be an excellent player but he is far from the finished article we have him as.

I didn't expect him to start every game. At 20, it's rare for that to happen in the EPL. 1 start in 3 with substitute appearances would be fine, and maybe even beneficial for him. But he wasn't even getting off the bench. So, no matter who comes in, I'm sure he'll get more game time than he has the last month.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/6/2021 at 11:20 PM, DAVIDB46 said:

Danny Murphy on match of the day says he was not playing because of Matthias normann.

A lot depends who comes in next if it’s a traditional relegation manager who wants battlers , characters etc. comes in he won’t see any game time. 
If he could not gametime under farke who certainly was not the above it still may be hard for him.

He has potential to be an excellent player but he is far from the finished article we have him as.

Farke said he’d favour his own players over loan players.

Chelsea basically ballsed up the loan putting him there due to the above and not properly ensuring he would get regular starts. 

• 2 weeks later...

will be interesting to see if the new manager Smith plays him i think he is a Smith type player so hopefully gets a run of games - second half as it went on he started to tire as witnessed by the cramp imagine if he was match fit and on match form going into the next round of games could be even better which is a very exciting proposition 

5 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

Great to see. Hope he shows the Norwich fans what a great player he is

I think how the Norwich midfield is set up will really suit Gilmour and allow him to concentrate on getting on the ball and dictating  play without worrying too much about the defensive side, with Normann and McLean beside him. Good to see Hanley back too.

17 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Rumours of billy going on loan to rangers.  See if gio likes him.

I'm pretty sure this is just lazy journalism. He'll be linked with Rangers every window until he is a premier league superstar. Kind of like how Shay Given and Robert Snodgrass were linked with Celtic for like a decade. 

Anyway, Gilmour is starting today, so I'd rather he was playing regularly in the premier league than going back to Rangers.

Just a lazy observation since he’s been in Chelsea, Scotland and Norwich first team matches he seems to have a rare number of Man of the Matches. 
made me laugh at lunchtime hearing a bbc 5live chap saying Moldova away doesn’t compare to English premier. Must have missed the boy away to mighty England a few months ago. 
great to have a wee billy at the heart of it. 

1 minute ago, Shaundy said:

Just a lazy observation since he’s been in Chelsea, Scotland and Norwich first team matches he seems to have a rare number of Man of the Matches. 
made me laugh at lunchtime hearing a bbc 5live chap saying Moldova away doesn’t compare to English premier. Must have missed the boy away to mighty England a few months ago. 
great to have a wee billy at the heart of it. 

Best Billy since Bremner?

On 11/19/2021 at 9:32 PM, Malcolm said:

Rumours of billy going on loan to rangers.  See if gio likes him.

Would be mental for him to go the spl surely.  When your as good as he is, playing against relatively such a low level just wouldn’t make any sense e.g he was playing against Man City for Chelsea at the tail end of last season and was more than good enough 

6 minutes ago, JECK said:

Would be mental for him to go the spl surely.  When your as good as he is, playing against relatively such a low level just wouldn’t make any sense e.g he was playing against Man City for Chelsea at the tail end of last season and was more than good enough 

Aye, mental. He’d need a time machine to go to the SPL for a start. 

Going to Rangers would be a hell of a lot better than sitting on the bench at Norwich although hopefully that won’t happen now they have a new manager. 

Playing in Scotland didn’t do van Dijk or John McGinn any harm. Not that I particularly want to see Gilmour at Rangers but it would hardly be a disaster. 

Edited by Texas Pete

17 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Aye, mental. He’d need a time machine to go to the SPL for a start. 

Going to Rangers would be a hell of a lot better than sitting on the bench at Norwich although hopefully that won’t happen now they have a new manager. 

Playing in Scotland didn’t do van Dijk or John McGinn any harm. Not that I particularly want to see Gilmour at Rangers but it would hardly be a disaster. 

And nor Tierney but the difference is Gilmour is already in epl and has shown to be elite level, to go back to Scotland at this stage of his career would be backwards step and a complete lack of ambition.You’ll only ever see players like McGinn, Van Dijk or Tierney back in Scotland when they want to see out the final days of their playing careers

30 minutes ago, JECK said:

And nor Tierney but the difference is Gilmour is already in epl and has shown to be elite level, to go back to Scotland at this stage of his career would be backwards step and a complete lack of ambition.You’ll only ever see players like McGinn, Van Dijk or Tierney back in Scotland when they want to see out the final days of their playing careers

Life isn’t that black and white. Gilmour has yet to be a regular starter in the premier league and still has a lot to learn. I could see your point if he was established in the EPL but he isn’t yet.

I don’t think there will be any need for Gilmour to go on loan to a different team anyway unless Smith doesn’t want him and sends him back to Chelsea in January. I doubt that will happen as Norwich need all the good players they can get at the moment. 

On 11/19/2021 at 2:28 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Ok I overdo stats, but here's what who scored think

Chelsea trio among 7 Brits in Best U21 XI from World

On 11/19/2021 at 2:28 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Ok I overdo stats, but here's what who scored think

Chelsea trio among 7 Brits in Best U21 XI from World Cup qualifying (whoscored.com)

Cup qualifying (whoscored.com)

ROI = Brits …..????

On 11/20/2021 at 9:57 PM, ceudmilefailte said:

Best Billy since Bremner?

For me . Impossible to compare. Bremner was my first roll model. Wee and belligerent. He’s the reason I supported Leeds. His career beggars belief. Top flight from sixteen. 
I just wish the guy good health . He already tries to play in a way that inspires those around him and supporting is a pleasure.