Billy Gilmour..... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Billy Gilmour.....

Big Ramy 1314

Outstanding last night. His vision and confidence just a joy to watch. The one thing that I saw from him last night was his heart. He is not a big footballer, but he is afraid of nobody.. He shyed away from nae cunt last night. Every tackle, or trying to win the ball, he went in baws first, just look at the penalty decision.. I think the other boys around him feed of this. Scotland were aggresive last night, and it worked in their favor... I look forward to watching this young man for years to come in the Famous Dark Blue... Well done Billy, and long may it continue....Alba Gu Brath..🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

What a player. Billy Gilmour is a vital addition to the midfield that gives us that much more creativity. He compliments Callum McGregor. McGregor is the engine room whilst Gilmour is the creator. They really do link up well.

Good wee post.. 👍👍

Gilmour is lightyears ahead of any other player we have in terms of techinical ability and vision.

All our other big players kept playing it safe in the 1st half last night. Choosing to pass it back instead of trying to take somebody on or find a forward pass. 

That changed with Gilmour for the 1st goal. Could have easily passed back or sideways but elected to drive forward. His pass actually took a deflection but moved us up the park and allowed others to pick up the ball and drive forward.

Others could learn alot from him even at his young age.

22 minutes ago, Diamond Scot said:

Gilmour is lightyears ahead of any other player we have in terms of techinical ability and vision.

All our other big players kept playing it safe in the 1st half last night. Choosing to pass it back instead of trying to take somebody on or find a forward pass. 

That changed with Gilmour for the 1st goal. Could have easily passed back or sideways but elected to drive forward. His pass actually took a deflection but moved us up the park and allowed others to pick up the ball and drive forward.

Others could learn alot from him even at his young age.

Good post. You are correct. What Billy has, you cant teach. It's a gift. For someone his age, taking players on with no fear is brilliant. I know its early doors, but Clarke should be shaping the midfield around this boy. His vision and talent is immense and he is only gonnae get better.. He should start every match going forward I'm my eyes...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Billy Gilmour = the Scottish Iniesta

He does nothing fancy.  Just makes himself available for the easy ball.
Then passes it onto the next man.  Suddenly triangles and shapes start appearing in midfield and we can keep hold of the ball.

What I really like about Gilmour is that by providing an option be brings the best out of McTominay, McGregor, Tierney, Robbo <etc>.   Plus McGinn is then free to play further up the park and cause chaos.

4 hours ago, Haggis_trap said:

He does nothing fancy.  Just makes himself available for the easy ball.
Then passes it onto the next man.  Suddenly triangles and shapes start appearing in midfield and we can keep hold of the ball.

I think there's more to it than that, he can spot the forward pass, if that's not available he can spot the player who can make the forward pass, if that's not available he can carry the ball forward only after these options have been checked does i become a case of just keeping possession.

The ability to do all that in split seconds when you are on your game is something that can't be taught.

So far he does look like he could end up some player.

5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

He has a wee brother -is he any good?  What position does he play?

Harvey Gilmour. He's 15 and at Killie. He's supposed to be pretty decent but I don't think he's at the same level as Billy. At 15 Billy was training in the Rangers first team. Harvey is above his level in the Killie u18s.

So basically he is well thought of but not at his brothers level. Chelsea are supposed to be looking at him.

I mean Harvey Gilmour is promising and could hopefully end up a very good midfielder but Billy is a once in a generation talent, that has talents you can't teach.

Time to resurrect the Christain Dailly song methinks.....

"We all dream of a team of Billy Gilmours, a team of Billy Gilmours......."

😆

Edited by Judith