Whose our first choice right back? - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Whose our first choice right back?

Malcolm

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

SOD is nothing like the better option if they were both available.

Shame Ralston isn’t in the squad as now our right hand side is totally hamstrung on Monday night. 

Stephen O'Donnell's crime is he isn't dynamic enough. He is of the same ilk as Graham Alexander was for us. If we organise friendlies (which I am sure we will) before the play-offs I'd be gobsmacked if Ralston, Ramsay or even Hickey were not called up to have a look at them. O'Donnell is not the bomb scare he is painted as. He has played his part in two of our most notable results this year -  V England (at Euros) and V Austria (A). His days will probably be numbered now with the youngsters that we have available.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ProudScot said:

SOD is nothing like the better option if they were both available.

Shame Ralston isn’t in the squad as now our right hand side is totally hamstrung on Monday night. 

I do agree that Patterson is the better player however is prone to a mistake, i would have had sod on to keep everything tight with a look to taking patterson later on 

Patterson is one hell of an exciting raw talent and he'll be some player when he cuts out the occasional daft decisions.  Brilliant goal and a cracking assist.

Anyone else surprised that the penalty decision went to VAR?  As clear-cut a spot-kick as you could ever imagine!  No idea how the ref missed it first time round.  A total fud of a ref might've given a 2nd booking for that as well.

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

Patterson without a doubt but if fit I’d like to see McTominay used there against Denmark. He’s quick, has good feet, used to be a winger, is useful for set pieces for and against, and will be a big threat late at the back post in attacks. 

That's actually not a bad shout. One of the things I do and don't like about McTominay is his marauding runs from defensive midfield. Great against lower teams, but I sometimes dislike it because he often leaves a big gap in the midfield that we can be punished from. However, that quality could be put to good use as a wingback. A bit harsh on O'Donnell though. 

7 hours ago, daviebee said:

Patterson is one hell of an exciting raw talent and he'll be some player when he cuts out the occasional daft decisions.  Brilliant goal and a cracking assist.

Anyone else surprised that the penalty decision went to VAR?  As clear-cut a spot-kick as you could ever imagine!  No idea how the ref missed it first time round.  A total fud of a ref might've given a 2nd booking for that as well.

The weird thing is not one of the Moldova players even claimed for it!

Barring the penalty it was an excellent performance from Patterson. It might have only been moldova but he looks like an exciting talent especially as an attacking full back. 

He needs to start getting gametime at rangers or they will lose out on a big transfer fee. They could easily play him at right wing for Rangers against the weaker spl sides. 

19 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Barring the penalty it was an excellent performance from Patterson. It might have only been moldova but he looks like an exciting talent especially as an attacking full back. 

He needs to start getting gametime at rangers or they will lose out on a big transfer fee. They could easily play him at right wing for Rangers against the weaker spl sides. 

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him go to Villa in January. 

25 minutes ago, aaid said:

Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him go to Villa in January. 

Can't see it happening personally. Didn't Matty Cash make his debut for Poland last week?, He's a reliable solid EPL performer. If Patterson went there would be no guarantee of a starting place.

for Denmark, it now looks like a straightforward choice between O'Donnell and Ralston now that McTominay has dropped out.

going forward Ramsey and Ashby should provide competition. At rb at least the future looks bright.