Scotland v Israel - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Israel

Tartan blood

7 hours ago, COLT NY said:

...Or we could just not select them for Denmark if we've already guaranteed a seeding in the playoff. 

I'm surprised if suspensions are carrying into the playoffs. Seems like an unnecessary rule.

Any of our players on one yellow need to buy second yellows against Moldova to ensure suspension v Denmark as the suspensions do carry over into potentially 2 play off games. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Any of our players on one yellow need to buy second yellows against Moldova to ensure suspension v Denmark as the suspensions do carry over into potentially 2 play off games. 

Yeah everyone does it even if it’s not in the spirit of the game. Ronaldo did it a couple of years back I’m sure. 

Would be a bit mental if 7 or 8 of our players pick up bookings against Moldova and are suspended against Denmark. 

We might need to take something from Denmark to ensure we are seeded for the playoffs though even if we win our next 2 games so I’m not sure it would be a good idea anyway. 

18 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Hmm, well having looked around for the 2014 qualifying campaign all yellow cards were erased for the play-off matches so unless that has been changed I would say there is no need to go to such extremes.

10 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Hmm, well having looked around for the 2014 qualifying campaign all yellow cards were erased for the play-off matches so unless that has been changed I would say there is no need to go to such extremes.

According to Wikipedia they carry forward to the playoffs but not the finals. Admittedly not the most reliable of sources but I can’t be bothered trawling through the UEFA or FIFA website. Hopefully someone else will do it. 😂

35 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

According to Wikipedia they carry forward to the playoffs but not the finals. Admittedly not the most reliable of sources but I can’t be bothered trawling through the UEFA or FIFA website. Hopefully someone else will do it. 😂

Well however it works the other countries have to abide by the same rules so, no doubt, they'll have the same concerns.

2 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Ffs, do I need to do everything around here? Page fucking 18 🙄

https://digitalhub.fifa.com/m/2df8816f3b27563c/original/r6gcejmanhw27gzaa9xb-pdf.pdf

So 2 yellows carry forward into the next competive game !?! 
But this can’t be fair on Teams that have campaigned in a group of 6 Teams 
10 games played as opposed to 8 for groups of 5 Teams ?? 

The chances are greater picking up that 2nd yellow and as a result can’t be fair……

8 minutes ago, broraboy said:

So 2 yellows carry forward into the next competive game !?! 
But this can’t be fair on Teams that have campaigned in a group of 6 Teams 
10 games played as opposed to 8 for groups of 5 Teams ?? 

The chances are greater picking up that 2nd yellow and as a result can’t be fair……

There's also a greater chance that they will have served their sentence before the play offs. Swings and roundabouts.

2 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

The thing that struck me was that normally with a few minutes left folk start drifting off towards Mount Florida Station etc. Where I was sat, no fucker was leaving. It was absolutely gripping stuff

Was a Great game for getting kids hooked on watching Scotland. 

2 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

The thing that struck me was that normally with a few minutes left folk start drifting off towards Mount Florida Station etc. Where I was sat, no fucker was leaving. It was absolutely gripping stuff

Yeah I don't think anyone near me left until the after the players had done the full lap

3 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

This year alone is going to inspire a whole new wave of talent. I guarantee in, say, 7 or 8 years time we'll hear an interview with a new Scottish International and they'll site this game or the Euros as what got them into football.

Honestly, one of my earliest memories of football was Scotland 1998. I was entranced. It's hard to pinpoint one thing exactly, but I remember the feeling and wanting more. If we can keep qualifying for tournaments, it'll inspire wave after wave of young people.

Edited by Tartan blood

11 hours ago, mccaughey85 said:

Was a Great game for getting kids hooked on watching Scotland. 

We had tickets but couldnt go to the game due to family holiday commitments. Our tickets went to a guy and his young son and gut wrenching as it was not to have been there, there is some consolation knowing the boy saw an exciting match . 

On 10/10/2021 at 10:06 AM, Toepoke said:

McCoist at the winner 😄

Had to watch it at home and what a difference it made having someone genuinely enthusiastic co-commentating to the point I'm even cutting Crocker some slack - must have been hard previously when the Scottish part of the double act was a miserable bastard! 

It's a thin line he treads in not being too partisan (the Welsh ones pretty much all do my fucking head in with it at their games) but his commentary after all five goals was great.     

On 10/9/2021 at 9:17 PM, Barney Rubble said:

Retired - his own choice.

Davy Provan is doing the commentary analysis on the Man Utd game as we speak. 

So i don't think he's retired, he's been sacked. Good.

• 3 weeks later...