Scotland v Israel - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Israel

Tartan blood

5 minutes ago, morrie21 said:

The rule on that was amended before the start of the season. Now accidental handballs in the build-up to goals are only penalised if it was the goalscorer involved in said accidental handball. Last season VAR would have ruled out that goal, this season not so.

Wow, didn't know that. Thanks for pointing that out. It just confirms the folk running the game are mental. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, GHfaeGTA said:

If that’s correct then it’s a crazy rule. If he hadnt blatantly handled it, they wouldn’t have scored 

Yeah, that's the way it is for this season anyway. IFAB are constantly fiddling with certain rules or the wording of them. Handball always seems to be being altered in some way. VAR could still be checking that goal now but they couldn't disallow it due to the current rule.

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Wow, didn't know that. Thanks for pointing that out. It just confirms the folk running the game are mental. 

Yeah, it's pretty dry stuff following the minute rule book amendments season on season but that's what happens. It gives IFAB  something to do and probably makes them feel really important.

21 minutes ago, morrie21 said:
18 hours ago, HighlandScot said:

How did VAR not pick up hand ball by the no 8? But we have to stop giving away these needless free-kicks in dangerous positions.

The rule on that was amended before the start of the season. Now accidental handballs in the build-up to goals are only penalised if it was the goalscorer involved in said accidental handball. Last season VAR would have ruled out that goal, this season not so.

David Marshall after the match said the goal would have been disallowed if it had gone straight  in the net.

It was Gordon making the save that then made the ball second phase for the tap in.

1 minute ago, stirlish said:

David Marshall after the match said the goal would have been disallowed if it had gone straight  in the net.

It was Gordon making the save that then made the ball second phase for the tap in.

Bring back Marshall, at least he knows the rules. 😂

Would he have been brave enough to let the ball go in the net though? 🤔

12 minutes ago, stirlish said:

If Dykes had taken a step forward then that would've been offside.  I thought it was off at first but he was playing everyone on.

8 minutes ago, daviebee said:

If Dykes had taken a step forward then that would've been offside.  I thought it was off at first but he was playing everyone on.

When he goes back to help out the defence he has to stay in front of our defenders. Hopefully he has learnt that for future games but sometimes his enthusiasm gets the better of him. 

Having said that, probably the only reason the ref was persuaded to go to VAR for our goal was Dykes enthusiasm. I'm convinced it was Dykes reaction to the decision that made them change their mind.

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

When he goes back to help out the defence he has to stay in front of our defenders. Hopefully he has learnt that for future games but sometimes his enthusiasm gets the better of him. 

Having said that, probably the only reason the ref was persuaded to go to VAR for our goal was Dykes enthusiasm. I'm convinced it was Dykes reaction to the decision that made them change their mind.

Don't they carefully review EVERY goal though?  I thought it was the VAR guys that'd contact the ref - "You might want to look at this..."  Hard to tell nowadays with these barmy new rules.  FFS it's a matter of time before a clearly offside attacker gets his leg broken by a defender when play should've been stopped about a minute before.

10 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I loved him going beserk at the goal being disallowed and agree it will have made a difference. 

16 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

Was criminal for there to be 3-4 Israelis at the back post with just Dykes marking them. Not sure what happened there?

Dykes wasn't supposed to be there. If he had held the line that the other defenders held, then all those attackers would have been offside. Either that or they wouldn't have advanced so far forward as they knew they would be offside if they did. It would help if we had a keeper who was prepared to come off his line now and again though. When I say come off his line I mean the six yard box, not David Marshall center circle territory. 😂

3 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I'd be happy not play those cheating bastards again this decade.  Ref was buying it and all - how he originally ruled out Dykes goal because their defender diving headed at waist height into his leg is beyond me.  Their player gesturing for their physio to urgently get on like it was a serious injury too was absolutely disgusting. 

I think the guy got booked for simulation

7 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Dykes wasn't supposed to be there. If he had held the line that the other defenders held, then all those attackers would have been offside. Either that or they wouldn't have advanced so far forward as they knew they would be offside if they did. It would help if we had a keeper who was prepared to come off his line now and again though. When I say come off his line I mean the six yard box, not David Marshall center circle territory. 😂

So you’re saying that we should’ve left 3 or 4 Israeli’s unmarked at the back post at a free kick?

11 minutes ago, chaff said:

I think the guy got booked for simulation

Hope he was - he claimed for the foul in mid-air then decided he better grab his face to make it more convincing.  😆

It was his teammate Minachem signalling for the physio to rush on like the guy had a serious head injury purely to influence the ref - proper shitebag stuff that.

3 minutes ago, Scot1 said:

So you’re saying that we should’ve left 3 or 4 Israeli’s unmarked at the back post at a free kick?

No.

The defence needs to be better organised. Dykes shouldn't have been left with all those players to mark. But if you are going to try to play that high line, every player has to buy into it. If all the defenders hold the line then either the opposition gets caught offside or our keeper comes out to claim an easy catch. 

3 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

No.

The defence needs to be better organised. Dykes shouldn't have been left with all those players to mark. But if you are going to try to play that high line, every player has to buy into it. If all the defenders hold the line then either the opposition gets caught offside or our keeper comes out to claim an easy catch. 

Agreed, but it was shocking seeing all those Israelis at the back post unmarked. 

Wolk up this morning with a big fu kin smile on ma face, and it wissane from a rodgering..Happy as fuck !!  SCOTLAND FOREVER 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

5 hours ago, Tartan blood said:

I'd have McGinn on penalties. He's 2 goals away from being in the top 10 goalscorers of all time.

I'd go with that too, but if Kenny McLean's on the field he has to be the kicker. Both his penalties in the shootouts were exceptional.

4 minutes ago, COLT NY said:

I'd go with that too, but if Kenny McLean's on the field he has to be the kicker. Both his penalties in the shootouts were exceptional.

I'd go with Christie as first choice but I suppose McGinn is more likely to be on the pitch than either Christie or McLean, so it might make sense to put him down as number one choice. By the sounds of it, Dykes want to keep the penalty takers roll. Maybe the other players are just to scared to argue with him? 😂

8 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Give it to McGinn. 

My only worry about that is why hasn't he already grabbed that responsibility. Is there a wee bit of self doubt in there? Why hasn't he just grabbed the ball off the big Aussie and said "Get tae fuk big man I'm taking this wan".

I would imagine that Clarke has decided in advance and it might come down to Dykes just being the most confident and him being determined to take them. We'll probably not get another penalty in the next 20 games anyway so it might not be a big deal.

36 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

My only worry about that is why hasn't he already grabbed that responsibility. Is there a wee bit of self doubt in there? Why hasn't he just grabbed the ball off the big Aussie and said "Get tae fuk big man I'm taking this wan".

I would imagine that Clarke has decided in advance and it might come down to Dykes just being the most confident and him being determined to take them. We'll probably not get another penalty in the next 20 games anyway so it might not be a big deal.

I doubt McGinn has any say in it.

Are there any other players in our team that take the penalties for their club? Genuine question. If not, then it makes a lot of sense that it's Dykes.

12 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

I doubt McGinn has any say in it.

Are there any other players in our team that take the penalties for their club? Genuine question. If not, then it makes a lot of sense that it's Dykes.

My issue with Dykes taking them is he is not the cleanest striker of a ball. A lot of his goals for us are six-yard box nudges in. He is not the sort to put his laces through the ball and score from any great distance.