Scotland v Israel - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Israel

Tartan blood

Brilliant second half performance. They were chasing our shadows for 45 minutes. Great character after having whatever game plan we had royally fked 5 minutes in and then again a minute after we equalised!

A wee bit disappointed we didn't score more goals considering how vastly superior we were but would've settled for 3-2 at HT.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, runningtings said:

Great second half performance and I'm especially pleased to get it up those Israel players, faking injury and playing for time in the first half. Fannies.

They were class A cunts. Fuck them. 

4 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

You're a Sevco fan right?

You cannot be that thick to have posted the above in all seriousness.

Hi Barney, you don't have kids I presume? Imagine if you did, and some guy with a megaphone said they were going to be murdered by the folks inside the stadium. 

Poor first half performance but great in the second half. One thing this side has is guts.

What a wee diamond Billy Gilmour is. Played some great passes and looked calm on the ball. McGinn was everywhere even though he looked knackered after an hour.

We deserved the win no doubt. Think McGinn is suspended for Faroes match though.

WOW, what a second half!

The turnout from the first 45 was truly unbelievable. Patterson, Dykes, and McGinn all basically turned in zero to hero performances, especially Paterson who had a pretty poor first half, he really had a brilliant second half, what a talent.

McGregor had a brilliant game, outstanding. Robertson and Tierney were both excellent. Adams has some moments and is a great addition to the squad, but he needs four chances for every goal. Dykes is well, his own man, he alone has me going from despair to joy and that was just his performance tonight.

What a spirit, comeback and performance really. That second half was the best I've seen us play in a LONG, LONG time, possibly since that 3-1 win over Kazakhstan. Also, the gallus nature of the team, the fighting spirit, that was a HUGE win tonight and that many Scotland teams would never have achieved, it would have ended 2-2.

Now, on to Torshavn. 1/2-0 would be fine. They are a very decent side, the best of the minnows IMO, and even if Israel beat them well, I'll honestly take a 1-0 right now for us and a meh performance.

Well done everyone in a blue shirt tonight. FANTASTIC.

9 minutes ago, kumnio said:

They were class A cunts. Fuck them. 

10 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Brilliant second half performance. They were chasing our shadows for 45 minutes. Great character after having whatever game plan we had royally fked 5 minutes in and then again a minute after we equalised!

A wee bit disappointed we didn't score more goals considering how vastly superior we were but would've settled for 3-2 at HT.

Agree on both counts.  Israel got what they deserved.  

We also had a missed pen, a goal disallowed and 2 sitters.  Should have been a pumping!  We're coming together nicely and Clarke deserves a lot of credit post Euros 

1 minute ago, Debian said:

Hi Barney, you don't have kids I presume? Imagine if you did, and some guy with a megaphone said they were going to be murdered by the folks inside the stadium. 

Chances are some or all of the cunts shouting that support a certain club that employs some of those "murderers" too, and indirectly contribute to their wages. 

24 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

On a side note, sky have played a blinder with McCoist on co-comms

I always associate Davie Provan’s downbeat whingeing with lacklustre failed comebacks. Conversely, McCoist’s optimism seems to be matched with this team’s fight and belief. I can’t help but think that if Provan had been on pundit duty, we would surely have lost 2-1!

15 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

You're a Sevco fan right?

You cannot be that thick to have posted the above in all seriousness.

Some of the antics of those protesting outside the ground were over the top. No issue with them sharing their views but some among them were doing it in the wrong way and not taking into account those around them as the OP mentioned. 

Fantastic second half! Turned it round and showed brilliant character. The crowd stayed with the team tonight which made a difference. 

3 minutes ago, Debian said:

Debian - whether I have kids or not is immaterial to the discussion (full transparency - I do have one).

Anybody taking a kid to a game involving Israel should recognise that there is a possibility that they may be subjected to opinions that they would not normally hear on their local Main Street.

Much the same as when I was taken to my first Thistle-Rangers game in 1966, and I naively asked the question 'Dad - what's fenian blood?.'

I wasn't allowed to a Thistle - OF game thereafter while living in the family nest.

We have to eradicate these things or accept them - in Scotland the procedure is to do the latter.

8 minutes ago, jcluk said:

Some of the antics of those protesting outside the ground were over the top. No issue with them sharing their views but some among them were doing it in the wrong way and not taking into account those around them as the OP mentioned. 

This crossed my previous response to Debian.

If that's the case then it's not acceptable. Did Plod make any effort to silence them?

13 minutes ago, breeks_mctavish said:

I always associate Davie Provan’s downbeat whingeing with lacklustre failed comebacks. Conversely, McCoist’s optimism seems to be matched with this team’s fight and belief. I can’t help but think that if Provan had been on pundit duty, we would surely have lost 2-1!

Has Provan been dumped?

29 minutes ago, COLT NY said:

Why would anyone retire from a job like that? Barely seems like work unless I'm missing something.

How will we manage without his nauseous superlatives about every single thing the opposition does?  'Terrific free kick' Terrific corner' Terrific random punt up the park'  Total bellend of a man who, I'm convinced, actively wanted us to fail, good riddance to the dickwad!

11 minutes ago, todd said:

How will we manage without his nauseous superlatives about every single thing the opposition does?  'Terrific free kick' Terrific corner' Terrific random punt up the park'  Total bellend of a man who, I'm convinced, actively wanted us to fail, good riddance to the dickwad!

Provan said a number of years back that he was "finished" with our national team after

1. Jock Stein allegedly promised him he'd start a big game but left him on the bench when it came (Boo funking hoo Davie, that's happened to most players at least once in their careers)

2. Claims he was "singled out for abuse" by Scotland fans at the 1982 World Cup. (Lies)

He's a very bitter, twisted man.

37 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Eh? He was co-commentator on Germany v Romania the other night. Hopefully retired from our games. Get sick of him willing the ball into our net.

To clarify - no longer a full-time Sky employee now that he's 65 - pensioned off.

May be doing odd gigs as freelance - as he is entitled to do.

30 minutes ago, ErsatzThistle said:

Provan said a number of years back that he was "finished" with our national team after

1. Jock Stein allegedly promised him he'd start a big game but left him on the bench when it came (Boo funking hoo Davie, that's happened to most players at least once in their careers)

2. Claims he was "singled out for abuse" by Scotland fans at the 1982 World Cup. (Lies)

He's a very bitter, twisted man.

He was indeed, he seemed to hate us.