Scotland v Israel - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Israel

Tartan blood

1 minute ago, scotlad said:

I'm no football coach but why are our taller players taking corners and throw-ins?  I guess physics might come into it for throw-ins but they've been useless so far.

Great goal from McGinn but terrible defending for both goals and the penalty...dear oh dear. 🤦‍♂️

Dykes taking a long throw is mind boggling 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dykes has scored some great penalties for QPR, but after last jammy one should not be on penalty duty for Scotland. McTominay is never a defender, but now we should abandon the back 3, and go for it. McTominay's 2 long throws have gone straight to an Israeli. With his height he should not be taking, but on the end of them. McTominay's corner did not get past first man. Gilmour should be taking them with McTominay in the mix. These are basic erors. With Austin MacPhee on board, so far there has been no innovation or creativity with set-pieces. We are still unlucky to be behind, so there is hope.

Both their goals looked too easy and ours was unusually good for us. Not looking good this. We look good at times.

I felt we could go on and win the game after equalizing and then before I can even post it back behind again and now the penalty miss. 

5 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

As I suspected, total waste of a shirt having 2 strikers doing the same job. Removes a creative player from the midfield. 

Get Turnbull on. With the amount of set pieces being handed out, we need someone that is actually good at them.

turnbull would add nothing.  Our problems are in defence.  Should have put a proper centre half in beside hendry.  Played mctominay in midfield instead of mecgregor.  Hendry is terrible for giving away free kicks on edge of the box.

two poor teams.

2 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Both their goals looked too easy and ours was unusually good for us. Not looking good this. We look good at times.

I felt we could go on and win the game after equalizing and then before I can even post it back behind again and now the penalty miss. 

They look better than us.  Which is a scandal given how poor their players are.

Clarke described this as another cup final so let's see if he makes the required changes so we can get hold of the ball and look a bit more in control. All the good previous work has been wasted on this first half performance - including the penalty chance, have we not got a better penalty taker?

5 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

turnbull would add nothing.  Our problems are in defence.  Should have put a proper centre half in beside hendry.  Played mctominay in midfield instead of mecgregor.  Hendry is terrible for giving away free kicks on edge of the box.

two poor teams.

Turnbull would be taking the plethora of set pieces we've been getting. He is also capable of hitting long range goals. 

5 minutes ago, mccaughey85 said:

Fair play to Dykes for making up for his mistake. Just make sure he doesn't take pens from now on. 

Why var was needed to check that goal is a mystery to me. 

Missed an absolute sitter for 3-2 though 🙈