Newcastle - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 3 weeks later...

Clubs have already started the process of stopping commercial deals associated with the ownership in an effort to reduce the amount of money Newcastle can spend, for fear it will distort the league.

I find the above interesting, it's not really the humans rights issue they're bothered about. It's the fact Newcastle may distort the league.........like Chelsea and man City did before them. 

This is just another 'big club' owner who, when the (next) time comes to break away and form the 'super league', will be fully bankrolling it and pushing it. An owner with unfathomably deep pockets...

I'd guess Newcastle fans might get a decade at most out of these coming 'good times' before they are watching Newcastle v Abu Dhabi Utd in some 'mouthwatering super league tie'. 😀

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2022 at 5:51 PM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

That's them oot. Fuck me Slasher, did we dodge a bullet wae that clown...

Funnily enough I wasn't thinking of Howe when I posted that. I wouldn't write him off just yet but there's no doubt us employing him would have been an expensive business with no guarantee of success. 

So yeah,  all things considered I'm glad the way things have worked out. Watching Angeball has been fun and we already have a trophy in the cabinet 👍

7 hours ago, slasher said:

Funnily enough I wasn't thinking of Howe when I posted that. I wouldn't write him off just yet but there's no doubt us employing him would have been an expensive business with no guarantee of success. 

So yeah,  all things considered I'm glad the way things have worked out. Watching Angeball has been fun and we already have a trophy in the cabinet 👍

👍. Happy New Year big man... HH