Newcastle - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

As a Rangers fan I have every sympathy with Newcastle fans celebrating seeing the back of Ashley. However this is a poor day for English football. More money than morals. You wonder exactly how bad someone's human rights record has to be before they fail the fit and proper persons criteria.

23 hours ago, bonzo said:

Watched the game, there was a lot more dressed than them. Game was also stopped for 20 mins due to a medical emergency in the crowd.Β 

A lot of credit has to go to the players for getting the ref involved, stopping the game and getting the defib there ASAP.Β 
Β 

Thankfully, it seems the person is on the mend.Β 

On 10/20/2021 at 3:04 PM, vanderark14 said:

Gerrard's name being mentioned as expected

I'd be surprised if he gets it

Think it would be a sensible move for him. If he's waiting to take over at Liverpool he needs his head looked. Following Klopp would be like trying to follow Fergie at Utd.

1 hour ago, Och Aye said:

Think it would be a sensible move for him. If he's waiting to take over at Liverpool he needs his head looked. Following Klopp would be like trying to follow Fergie at Utd.

I’d be surprised if Newcastle were looking at Gerrard or a manager with a similar profile.

I’d have thought they’d go for someone way more experienced and high profile who would be attractive to players they’d be looking to sign.

They may have more money than anyone, what they don’t have though is any form of track record of winning things, an attractive place to live in comparison - think Madrid, Paris, London - and at the moment they don’t have a manager.

Getting a real marquee manager would be a start.

3 hours ago, aaid said:

I’d be surprised if Newcastle were looking at Gerrard or a manager with a similar profile.

I’d have thought they’d go for someone way more experienced and high profile who would be attractive to players they’d be looking to sign.

They may have more money than anyone, what they don’t have though is any form of track record of winning things, an attractive place to live in comparison - think Madrid, Paris, London - and at the moment they don’t have a manager.

Getting a real marquee manager would be a start.

After tonight’s result Jose might be available soon!

1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

After tonight’s result Jose might be available soon!

Funnily enough, someone like the Mourinho of five years or so ago would be exactly the sort of manager they should be looking at.Β