Tino Livramento - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tino Livramento

Eassy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, todd said:

So as long as you're a glory hunter it's ok to switch allegiance?

No you miss my point.

Switching allegiance is far likelier to see a player move from a weak nation to a far stronger one and not head in the opposite direction like people on here are dreaming Lavramento will do with no evidence whatsoever. Sad really as they are saying he lacks commitment that he made to England.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2021 at 9:22 AM, Caledonian Craig said:

No you miss my point.

Switching allegiance is far likelier to see a player move from a weak nation to a far stronger one and not head in the opposite direction like people on here are dreaming Lavramento will do with no evidence whatsoever. Sad really as they are saying he lacks commitment that he made to England.

Southgate mentioned him yesterday while talking about England squad 

6 hours ago, 86glebestreet said:

Southgate mentioned him yesterday while talking about England squad 

Smart from Southgate. He’s got strong connections to Scotland and Portugal. Neither his parents are English! 

So clever move to suggest that Livramento is in his thinking. 

Probably the kind of thing we could do with Scottish guys that qualify for other countries. Seems like Harry Souttar’s mind was made up with Australia because he didn’t think that he’d be selected for Scotland any time soon. 

7 minutes ago, syecosse said:

He is up for player of the month in the Prem., Southgate may cap him to see off interest from Portugal maybe even us, same with Gallager. 

Yeah good point on Gallagher, could end up being brilliant. He’s got the choice of Ireland too.

We’re stacked in his position at the moment but might not be in 5 years time. 

1 hour ago, Super_Scotlandfan said:

Smart from Southgate. He’s got strong connections to Scotland and Portugal. Neither his parents are English! 

So clever move to suggest that Livramento is in his thinking. 

Probably the kind of thing we could do with Scottish guys that qualify for other countries. Seems like Harry Souttar’s mind was made up with Australia because he didn’t think that he’d be selected for Scotland any time soon. 

Yeh exactly smart words from Southgate making the lad feel wanted. 

Harry Souttar will probably end up playing at a higher level than any of our current natural centre backs yet our coaches seemed oblivious to his existence until it was too late. 

57 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

the whole thing is nonsense and should be based on your declaration upon signing forms.  Given the current ridiculous rules we should call up anyone remotely promising, cap them to claim them and then wait and see.

Sorry Malcolm i couldn't disagree more, ridiculous asking a player from a mixed background to commit to a nation when signing pro forms. No player at 18 has any idea how far  their talent will take them so why  narrow down your chances of playing in a world cup, euros or even African nations at such a tender age. 

At 18 players just want to play & learn the game, they don't want such added pressure as thinking or dreaming that far ahead in their career. 

23 minutes ago, theabsentee said:

Sorry Malcolm i couldn't disagree more, ridiculous asking a player from a mixed background to commit to a nation when signing pro forms. No player at 18 has any idea how far  their talent will take them so why  narrow down your chances of playing in a world cup, euros or even African nations at such a tender age. 

At 18 players just want to play & learn the game, they don't want such added pressure as thinking or dreaming that far ahead in their career. 

missing my point I think.  The whole point is that you know what nationality you feel you are at 18.  You know if you have parents from two different countries who you would support I it came to it.  How far your talent takes you is irrelevant and shouldn’t matter. 

for example, I’m Scottish it and say I could have played for England, I wouldn’t have wanted to.  I don’t want folk playing for us that are doing it for their cv.

One thing is for sure. There will be other instances like this for a while yet. In this case though, the fact that he has played nearly 30  times for U-16-U21 teams makes it much less likely he will plonk for us. He is still 18 though.

Just as well Fifa don't operate under the same rules as squash though - if anyone remembers the 'Peter Nicol affair'😕🥴

On 11/5/2021 at 8:06 PM, theabsentee said:

Yeh exactly smart words from Southgate making the lad feel wanted. 

Harry Souttar will probably end up playing at a higher level than any of our current natural centre backs yet our coaches seemed oblivious to his existence until it was too late. 

So presumably he could only qualify for Eng. under the 5 year schooling rule - like Andy Driver for us.