Throwback thread - When are we due a new home Jersey? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Throwback thread - When are we due a new home Jersey?


romanticscot
 Share

Recommended Posts

Anyone know when we are due a new Home jersey?  Surely it can't be long.

 

I called this a throwback thread in remembrance of when we were in the tournament wilderness and we had to entertain ourselves with jersey talk, and favorite and first tournament memories etc, ......the dark times. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Anyone know when we are due a new Home jersey?  Surely it can't be long.

 

I called this a throwback thread in remembrance of when we were in the tournament wilderness and we had to entertain ourselves with jersey talk, and favorite and first tournament memories etc, ......the dark times. 

The current kit must be one of the longest lived ones we've had, seems that way anyway.  Either way a new kit for Qatar 2022 must be a certainty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I liked it when we had TAMBers were posting their own designs here. The only depressing thing was they were invariably so much better than the ones that were then brought out.

Hahaha, yeah sad times indeed, isn't it great to actually have the real hope of qualification to worry about instead of our attire?!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

I liked it when we had TAMBers were posting their own designs here. The only depressing thing was they were invariably so much better than the ones that were then brought out.

Yes but the problem is that Adidas, like all other major kit suppliers, only work off of a handful of templates and use them on every one of their range. They won't imprint a Rampant Lion or saltire across the kit as it is not amongst their templates. I'd hazard a guess our current top is the exact same template as countless other countries with the only difference being shirt and arm strip colours and badge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I loved seeing the mockups, plus wasn't there someone who actually worked for Adidas who frequented this board and asked for our views on strip design?

I wonder how much money there is in it for the manufacturer handling a small nation like ours?  

 

 

 

Edited by romanticscot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would normally be November this year for new home and March 2022 for away. However I have read it may now be later in 2022 for both new home and away kits. 
 

Re templates think we aren’t on the top deal with adidas unlike say Germany however the euros kits think it’s fair to say all adidas teams got fairly unique kits (apart from the controversial sleeves on home) And our away kit template pattern is only shared with Ajax away I think so that was pretty decent I thought.

Another thing to note is 2022 is when the current adidas deal ends. Haven’t seen anything re extention or new supplier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This shouldn’t be hard but often is.  Scotland should play in navy…. Dark navy…. Almost black.  White collar and cuffs, white shorts and either navy stockings with red tops or red.  
 

too often we have strips that are not dark enough, have gold pish on them, Scotland flags or text.  Horrible,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, JECK said:

Would normally be November this year for new home and March 2022 for away. However I have read it may now be later in 2022 for both new home and away kits. 
 

Re templates think we aren’t on the top deal with adidas unlike say Germany however the euros kits think it’s fair to say all adidas teams got fairly unique kits (apart from the controversial sleeves on home) And our away kit template pattern is only shared with Ajax away I think so that was pretty decent I thought.

Another thing to note is 2022 is when the current adidas deal ends. Haven’t seen anything re extention or new supplier.

If this is true, its likely because of the timing of our renewal I reckon.  I like the quality of Adidas but not keen on the price of things these days which i suppose means I am getting older.  The Umbro years were my earlier memories so for nostalgia sake I would welcome them.  Are there not any Scottish manufacturers who could do our kit and we could support a local employer?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

This shouldn’t be hard but often is.  Scotland should play in navy…. Dark navy…. Almost black.  White collar and cuffs, white shorts and either navy stockings with red tops or red.  
 

too often we have strips that are not dark enough, have gold pish on them, Scotland flags or text.  Horrible,

I agree with the gold but you do sometimes need a little bit of a neutral-ish colour on the kit, especially if the shorts are navy.

I really don't get this obsession with red on our socks from some people though, not for me. The current home top is decent, I don't get why the red is on it but it doesn't ruin it.

We're one of those countries who play in their flag's colours so I'm happy with all navy or navy with white shorts, red shouldn't be anywhere near it for me.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

If this is true, its likely because of the timing of our renewal I reckon.  I like the quality of Adidas but not keen on the price of things these days which i suppose means I am getting older.  The Umbro years were my earlier memories so for nostalgia sake I would welcome them.  Are there not any Scottish manufacturers who could do our kit and we could support a local employer?  

Sorry what I meant was a 2022 release for all adidas teams not just us. But not certain on that. Could well be November this year for home kit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, C Mc said:

Much as I love the 78 kit with red Umbro socks, I’d rather our kits didn’t have any red in them

Grew up with Scotland wearing red socks and thought it very distinctive. It never crossed my mind about it being linked to the Union flag until someone mentioned it on here a few years ago. Can we not just say it's for the Red Lion rampant or the red away tops we used to have? (the Umbro ones were classy).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/8/2021 at 7:36 PM, romanticscot said:

If this is true, its likely because of the timing of our renewal I reckon.  I like the quality of Adidas but not keen on the price of things these days which i suppose means I am getting older.  The Umbro years were my earlier memories so for nostalgia sake I would welcome them.  Are there not any Scottish manufacturers who could do our kit and we could support a local employer?  

Umbro would be great, as iong as they agreed to reproduce all the old gear as well. That would surely be a huge money spinner. The unofficial suppliers who've been offering these are decent, but no-one seems to be able to get the tramlines and diamonds spot on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope we stay with adidas. Always feel we would be missing out on a potential classic kit like the current away top or the 2018 home. Macron just has diadora vibes about them for me.Those were barren years imo. Didn’t know macron had signed NI, they have done very well out of adidas, a few classics, their current home top is superb. Failing adidas, Umbro wouldn’t be too bad but def not my first pick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...