Throwback thread - When are we due a new home Jersey? - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Throwback thread - When are we due a new home Jersey?

romanticscot

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Is that you or is there an official poll ?

1954 WC - Red Socks

1974 WC - Red Socks

1978 WC - Red Socks

1982 WC - Red Socks

1986 WC - Red Socks

1990 WC - Red Socks

1998 WC - Red Socks

I recall getting dogs abuse on here a few years back for having the gaul to ask what kit we'd be wearing against Macedonia because I thought our home socks would clash with theirs!  Changed days, now we've almost got a whole thread dedicated to the subject. 😁

3 hours ago, glesgadan said:

If there is a thistle on the back of the home shirt which looks great, why would they not put a thistle on the back of the away shirt? 

I noticed that as well. But then decided I'd already commented on this thread far more than you'd expect from someone who's in their 50s and who should have weightier issues to think about.

10 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

So, why no thistle on the back of the away shirt???????

Probably down to cost I imagine, and that we will probably not wear the white kit all that often to start with (we seem to have a habit that unless there is a colour clash, we will start wearing our away kit in obscure games in the last few months of its shelf life just simply to get it used).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
12 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Looks like the T shirt you used to get with an SSC membership years ago.

Definitely one for the collection, might only wear it a handful of times and maybe get it framed and on the wall.  There are elements that I like about it, and others I don't like but it's a great item to commemorate our history.  

1 hour ago, Bzzzz said:

Wonder how many points we will need to get one, limited edition so looking like an "elite" jersey. 

🤣

DHgate will see you right

No sure on it myself, feel like it could have an adidas originals badge and would be better. Also annoying that theyve chosen the sfa dates rather than the anniversary of the first game. Daft wee thing but its annoying me haha

Quite curious when and where we will wear this....

If it was simply for the England game in September, feels a rather long time to wait.... and feels far to early to wear it full time as the new home kit when the current one has only been used in 5 or so matches.... only kit I can think of that had a short life span was the Diadora kit before the blue and gold one, which I think was only used in 2005, before being replaced.

There was talk last year about the woman's team getting a "bespoke" kit this year, so maybe they will wear it full time, and the men's team will wear it here and there across the year.

Edited by wanderer

1 hour ago, Johnnyshaker said:

Another Adidas template for a potential future kit maybe... Portland Timbers

image.jpeg.478ee369db3518899e35fb73d30d1ce0.jpeg

For anyone who wants a closer look - Shop Link

Thats really nice.  Picture that in yellow with subtle accents for the tartan, or even navy and that could be my favorite Home jersey ever.  Adidas seem to really be giving MLS teams unique tops, maybe there is bigger money in them that I realize.  The Austin FC home top was revealed today, and although its ugly I don't of any other top like it. Anyone know if jerseys ales are public knowledge? 

6 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Thats really nice.  Picture that in yellow with subtle accents for the tartan, or even navy and that could be my favorite Home jersey ever.  Adidas seem to really be giving MLS teams unique tops, maybe there is bigger money in them that I realize.  The Austin FC home top was revealed today, and although its ugly I don't of any other top like it. Anyone know if jerseys ales are public knowledge? 

Adidas has an exclusive kit deal with the MLS for all their teams - so perhaps there's more financial room for unique designs. I can't imagine Adidas makes a huge amount of money from Scotland kits; they'll make more from MLS kits and there's a much larger potential market to tap.

I imagine the SFA get given a template book (or modern equivalent), choose one and pick the colours.

55 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

Adidas has an exclusive kit deal with the MLS for all their teams - so perhaps there's more financial room for unique designs. I can't imagine Adidas makes a huge amount of money from Scotland kits; they'll make more from MLS kits and there's a much larger potential market to tap.

I imagine the SFA get given a template book (or modern equivalent), choose one and pick the colours.

Was just going to say this, in america the one brand makes the tops for the whole league in all top sports.