Throwback thread - When are we due a new home Jersey? - Page 4 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Throwback thread - When are we due a new home Jersey?

romanticscot

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

What do you make of the Wembley 67 top? Not much happening there, and yet a stone cold classic. 

Aye but it's been redone and tweaked loads of times. I think this one is REALLY boring. Hoping we get a decent away jersey!  

13 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

What do you make of the Wembley 67 top? Not much happening there, and yet a stone cold classic

13 hours ago, Bzzzz said:

Aye but it's been redone and tweaked loads of times. I think this one is REALLY boring. Hoping we get a decent away jersey!  

Agree. It's a sort of nothing design. A major dissapointment. Hope the away shirts a belter because i can't see them queing up to buy that one. 

21 hours ago, thesaint said:

Agree. It's a sort of nothing design. A major dissapointment. Hope the away shirts a belter because i can't see them queing up to buy that one. 

Ditto, this is def a "I'll get it when it's on Sale" jersey.... 

12 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Do the SFA fancy releasing these new kits anytime soon. 

Got three important games coming up soon, then a gap.

Perfect time to get some sales in.

J

After seeing the new home kit... no hiurry. As i said we can only hope for a cracker of an away shirt. 

3 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Do the SFA fancy releasing these new kits anytime soon. 

Got three important games coming up soon, then a gap.

Perfect time to get some sales in.

J

Adidas are launching all their kits on the 11th of September IIRC

I would expect our one to be around this date and on sale week before the Ukraine home game.

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

After seeing the new home kit... no hiurry. As i said we can only hope for a cracker of an away shirt. 

Not saying it’s a great kit, just lambasting the SFA who could sell more jerseys with games coming up, school holidays just been. Recognise that Adidas have a schedule though and that’s geared to the WC.

Agree, a banger of an away kit is required. My youngest is desperate for a new top as he grew out of his away top last year but there’s no point buying a new one as there’s a new new one coming out imminently. 

J

To all those that think the home top is dull. What exactly do you want it to look like? I hear you say that others could design better, but you don't specify exactly who, or what you think they could do with their latent talent in football shirt design. What's the solution? A deep v neck collar with LGBT rainbow piping?

It's a matter of taste but the best football kits in history are usually the kits that keep it simple and clean. I think Adidas make good looking Scotland kits and I hope we continue with them. 

As for the away kit, I am happy for some creativity to be unleashed on that. I wouldn't mind the new away to hark back to the early 80's red and blue away kit. White would also be good. 

5 hours ago, thesaint said:

Would think anyone with even a hint of imagination would produce better than that poor attempt. Just so DULL. 

You're probably right. You'd think if they wanted to sell jerseys they might be a little more inspiring. They're not exactly cheap either.

14 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

You're probably right. You'd think if they wanted to sell jerseys they might be a little more inspiring. They're not exactly cheap either.

Imagine being paid good money to come up with something as uninspiring. You wonder who looked at that effort and gave it the go ahead. Surely it would benefit them to try and design standout shirts. 

On 8/25/2022 at 3:52 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

What colours do we want on the new away kits ?

White ?

Sky blue?

Yellow ?

Red ?

Salmon pink ?

Croatia style pink and yellow battennburg. 

In all seriousness, we haven’t had red for a donkeys age. 

J

On 8/25/2022 at 3:52 PM, ErsatzThistle said:

What colours do we want on the new away kits ?

White ?

Sky blue?

Yellow ?

Red ?

Salmon pink ?

HOME - Saltire

AWAY - Lion Rampant

In football, which 'walls of support' look best in a stadium?

Orange (Netherlands) and Yellow (Brazil, Sweden, Dortmund).

Lion Rampant... Yellow.

Belgium and Argentina have dropped their away kits, and while their home kits are a little on the "safe" side.... their away kits are a little "out there" in terms of colour scheme.

Also their goalkeeper kits are quite something... one particular just screams 95-96 Andy Goram!

Edited by wanderer