Throwback thread - When are we due a new home Jersey? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Throwback thread - When are we due a new home Jersey?

romanticscot

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spain adidas home and away leaked. Couple of things of note:

There appears to be 4 templates on the go, Argentina, Mexico, Columbia and Chilie home kits are all separate templates.

Spain home matches Columbia template. Spain away matches Mexico home template apart from crest being in the middle of jersey.

None are the same as respective woman’s kit so that theory can be ruled out.

Would say mexico home/spain away is def my pick of the bunch - they seem to have a similar neck line to Germany 1990 home kit 👏 would say Spain/Columbia home has this weird thing going on in the v neck line, looks a bit odd.

• 4 weeks later...

I reckon it would white shorts and purple socks.  How did you find this? Google doesn't find this image anywhere so its a leak from someone or it's a fan made image.  

I don't dislike it but it is a bit plain. 

I can see the Euro 96 vibe that they are trying to achieve with this kit... but feels a bit lacking (woman's kit was more on the button)... also the neckline reminds me far to much of the first Diadora kit neck, so will no doubt get very natty looking after a couple of washes hahaha

38 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

And good find BTW

Cheers, sadly the shop won’t send by mail order. Begs the question how they come to have these before official release. They’ve been told to remove the posts as they’ve been told off for sharing them before they get released.

Edited by Rab The Crab

14 hours ago, romanticscot said:

I reckon it would white shorts and purple socks.  How did you find this? Google doesn't find this image anywhere so its a leak from someone or it's a fan made image.  

I don't dislike it but it is a bit plain. 

Plain is good. I quite like it as long as there are no further surprised e.g. purple socks. I think they should be red, but I suspect they might be blue with purple at the top. 

Edited by er yir macaroon

It’s a solid effort at first glance. For any home international top it’s so hard to get right these days as you can’t lose the fundamentals (ours of course being dark blue and a white trim).

I would say on the whole this current run of international tops by adidas hasn’t been spectacular, different but not their best. Mexico home def my favourite of the bunch. I see we’ve got the same home template as Argentina/Germany.

That’s good new re the away top, exciting to know that we could have potential classic on our hands. Hoping it’s the same template as Mexico home.

I’ve said it before but the only other brand I’d consider for our kits is Umbro, the rest are routinely rubbish imo - especially Nike, consistently the worst boring kits for both clubs and countries.

3 hours ago, Rab The Crab said:

Cheers, sadly the shop won’t send by mail order. Begs the question how they come to have these before official release. They’ve been told to remove the posts as they’ve been told off for sharing them before they get released.

I was actually debating about calling them today as I live in Texas but the cost of fitba jerseys these days is silly, I normally wait and get a used one on ebay of the previous version for about $15.  

On 8/16/2022 at 3:05 PM, er yir macaroon said:

Plain is good. I quite like it as long as there are no further surprised e.g. purple socks. I think they should be red, but I suspect they might be blue with purple at the top. 

There is plain...and THERE IS PLAIN.Like the classic 82 plain look,but this is to be honest f..king boring in the extreme.