Throwback thread - When are we due a new home Jersey? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Throwback thread - When are we due a new home Jersey?

romanticscot

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Warning to anyone planning to buy any of the new training gear, best to go to the shops and try them on first, as the sizes are shocking small!

Ordered the training top in a XL, took it out the bag and first thought was "they have sent a XL kids!" as my 8 year old daughter could just about pass off wearing it before it starts to look like a tent on her.

Real shame as the current lot was best we have had in ages.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, JECK said:

I’m wondering with the current contract with adidas suppose to be running until 2022 and no news of it being renewed yet is there is a chance we could have new suppliers before the years out. 

I suspect that the SFA will just roll the deal over.

Our Adidas deal takes us right up to the World Cup, so we could get a new kit in September which we will wear in the September and November games (and hopefully the World Cup), but then sign a deal with (say....) Umbro, and get brand new kits for games in March 2023.

As said though, I think most likely scenario is SFA will just sign a new deal with Adidas.

On 2/5/2022 at 3:09 PM, Bzzzz said:

I'd LOVE a good red jersey, no had one for donkeys, or a mental jersey like the 1991 zig zaggy fella, braw that yin. 
Sadly we know that Adidas are quality but not mad designers. 

Hate anything British but want an England away top. Eh?

• 4 months later...

New kits can’t be far off now, likely be September, if we are I assume staying with adidas for the time being. Current deal runs out this year. That’s Mexico, Argentina and Columbia all leaked so we should at least get a rough idea of what’s to come. Mexico a cracker but Argentina/Columbia not that exciting. Wonder if we get downgraded by adidas for not qualifying.

On 7/8/2022 at 7:14 PM, JECK said:

New kits can’t be far off now, likely be September, if we are I assume staying with adidas for the time being. Current deal runs out this year. That’s Mexico, Argentina and Columbia all leaked so we should at least get a rough idea of what’s to come. Mexico a cracker but Argentina/Columbia not that exciting. Wonder if we get downgraded by adidas for not qualifying.

I think women have a new top. I’d imagine it will be the same as that. Badge in the middle, which I’m not keen on. 

5 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

I would like it if the badge and manufacturer logo were over the appropriate nipples, rather than stacked up in the middle. 

Yes, if we are going to have collars inflicted on us then nae centre badges please! and if it's adidas can we have the 80s style leaf emblem not the modern 3 stripe thing? there's enough of the 3 stripe thing on the shooders.  

Looking at the leaked international kits, there does seem to be a slight World Cup 2006 vibe from Adidas, and from the one's I have seen, the Chile kit is probably the most likely, and if the Woman's kit from Scotland is anything to go by, I would not be shocked if the Euro 96 influence on that kit follows on to the men's kit.

chile-2022-2023-adidas-home-jersey-1.jpg 

6 hours ago, wanderer said:

Looking at the leaked international kits, there does seem to be a slight World Cup 2006 vibe from Adidas, and from the one's I have seen, the Chile kit is probably the most likely, and if the Woman's kit from Scotland is anything to go by, I would not be shocked if the Euro 96 influence on that kit follows on to the men's kit.

chile-2022-2023-adidas-home-jersey-1.jpg 

I like the three stripes logo without the brand name, its clean.  I don't like the blue underarm, but I like the splatter on the side, there's some potential for some tartan accents for us. Oh and our away jersey, I've said this for years, yellow with Lion Rampant please. 

Edited by romanticscot

33 minutes ago, glesgadan said:

JD have the current home top reduced to £20

maybe that’s a sign of a new kit about to be released? 

Yep as already mentioned, early September. This is for all European adidas teams. South American adidas teams are released already, giving an indication of what to expect. 

somewhat interestingly, no news on a new kit supplier or extension with adidas.