VERY HARD TO FIT THEM ALL IN BUT HERES MY STARTING 11 FOR SAT - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

VERY HARD TO FIT THEM ALL IN BUT HERES MY STARTING 11 FOR SAT

ST6's-t-army

Here are my big decisions

Defence for me

Henry McKenna Tierney

Mckenna just to be a no nonsense pure defender, for distribution Henry and Tierney. 

McTominay on the bench, I dont see a reason to tamper with Gilmour and McGregor. McGinn ahead. Paterson on the right, I cant fault SOD defensively, I dont think he has let us down but I would do this to give Israel someone different to contend with.

Up front Dykes my Dingo warrior and Che Adams. 

McTominay and Christie to appear at some point

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having seen the problems Israel have given us previously, I'm convinced we need to have two wide players to pin their full backs back..

I would go 4-2-1-3

Gordon 

Paterson. Hendry Tierney. Robbo 

McTominay.   Gilmour 

McGinn 

Christie.    Dykes.    Fraser.   

41 minutes ago, saintsparky said:

Having seen the problems Israel have given us previously, I'm convinced we need to have two wide players to pin their full backs back..

I would go 4-2-1-3

Gordon 

McTominay.   Gilmour 

McGinn 

In principle I agree with you, but I don’t think it will happen. If we control the midfield with Gilmour and McGregor, I think Patterson and Robertson will be pinning back Israel’s full backs. 

6 hours ago, Caledonian Craig said:

For me the team will be:-

Gordon

McTominay           Hendry                Tierney

O'Donnell                                                                                                                                          Robertson

Gilmour                         McGregor       

McGinn   

Dykes                           Christie  

Respect how wide your wing-backs are 🤣

1 hour ago, romanticscot said:

Here are my big decisions

Defence for me

Henry McKenna Tierney

Mckenna just to be a no nonsense pure defender, for distribution Henry and Tierney. 

McTominay on the bench, I dont see a reason to tamper with Gilmour and McGregor. McGinn ahead. Paterson on the right, I cant fault SOD defensively, I dont think he has let us down but I would do this to give Israel someone different to contend with.

Up front Dykes my Dingo warrior and Che Adams. 

McTominay and Christie to appear at some point

Dykes and Adams are ineffectual against Israel. Look how many times they have played V Israel and not scored as Israel know how to cope with them. It is the pacier supporting striker they cannot shackle as Forrest, Christie and Fraser have proven scoring five goals against them.

17 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Dykes and Adams are ineffectual against Israel. Look how many times they have played V Israel and not scored as Israel know how to cope with them. It is the pacier supporting striker they cannot shackle as Forrest, Christie and Fraser have proven scoring five goals against them.

Good point.  

3 hours ago, saintsparky said:

I would go 4-2-1-3

Gordon 

McTominay.   Gilmour 

McGinn 

Was thinking o this myself! it would bamboozle the Israelis as they will expect the same old line up that they are used to and very familiar with. Id imaging that they could preplan there tactics weeks before playing us as they know what and who they will be up against...Proper good shout this!

Remember seeing Frazer and McDykes playing together a few games back and Dykes held it up for Wee frazer to run in and they were mint together. Cany remember who this game was against but Frazer scored. I would like to see Calum McGregor in the team though! he bossed last couple o games.

20 minutes ago, ST6's-t-army said:

Remember seeing Frazer and McDykes playing together a few games back and Dykes held it up for Wee frazer to run in and they were mint together. Cany remember who this game was against but Frazer scored. I would like to see Calum McGregor in the team though! he bossed last couple o games.

Israel?

17 minutes ago, ST6's-t-army said:

Was it Israel?

I  just remember that we were good and the team we were playing couldn't handle the Frazer Dykes combo

Think so, may have been Czech Republic in the nations league but pretty sure it was Israel 

7 minutes ago, todd said:

Think so, may have been Czech Republic in the nations league but pretty sure it was Israel 

What do we honestly think Stevo will do?

Tried and tested formation with McTominay in the back 3 or go for it! God im so excited! 

5 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

I have a feeling O’Donnell might play tomorrow and Patterson will play against the Faroes. I hope I’m wrong though and Patterson plays both. 

i dont think Paterson has been tested enough at this level defensively

He will start against Faroes and SOD the morra.. IMO

£100 Grealish and Harry (Spagetti Hands) Kane  £100m? couldnae get past SOD...

Edited by stocky

1 minute ago, stocky said:

Fully agree! Tomorrows game is more for the experienced and minutes under the belt team, Not a time to give minutes out. Faroes will be ideal for that

38 minutes ago, stocky said:

Patterson has played against better players than Israel have to offer. I can understand why Clarke might go with O’Donnell tomorrow but we do need to be attacking against Israel.

Clarke really needs to do something different against Israel to throw them off balance as they’ll know what to expect with O’Donnell. They’ll also be expecting us to go down the left all the time if O’Donnell starts. Patterson could be just what we need. 

41 minutes ago, ST6's-t-army said:

Fully agree! Tomorrows game is more for the experienced and minutes under the belt team, Not a time to give minutes out. Faroes will be ideal for that

Did you see O’Donnell in our last 2 games against Israel? He was poor in both and terrible in the game we lost last year. Israel will know this and will be happy if he starts.

Patterson will give us a completely different option down the right and could make the difference.

7 hours ago, daviebee said:

Our 5 best players (IMO) who should always start are in this order:

Robertson, Gilmour, Tierney, McGinn, McTominay

It doesn't make a lot of sense to have 3 of that 5 in unnatural positions.  McTominay should be kept out of the defence.

Would not have mctominay starting can’t defend for toffee and he is all over the place for midfield for us and not in a good way, 

There seems to be this desperation to shoehorn him into the side .

2 minutes ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Would not have mctominay starting can’t defend for toffee and he is all over the place for midfield for us and not in a good way, 

There seems to be this desperation to shoehorn him into the side .

slight echos o the English trying to shoehorn Lampard and Gerrard into there squad

8 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Did you see O’Donnell in our last 2 games against Israel? He was poor in both and terrible in the game we lost last year. Israel will know this and will be happy if he starts.

Patterson will give us a completely different option down the right and could make the difference.

I see yer point and i reckon that being unpredictable will make there heads fall off! they would be that confident in Steve's tactics and line up that they would have being prepping for us to play a certain way for the last week. imagine if we came out with a few changes OR even a different set up......

6 minutes ago, ST6's-t-army said:

I see yer point and i reckon that being unpredictable will make there heads fall off! they would be that confident in Steve's tactics and line up that they would have being prepping for us to play a certain way for the last week. imagine if we came out with a few changes OR even a different set up......

Stevies gonna surprise them by not surprising them, they won't know how to deal with it!

It’ll be interesting to see what team / formation Clarke puts out. Huge game and at home in front of a full Hampden it’s one we are well capable of winning. 
I think Clarke will stick with the 3/5/2 or variation of, and if needs be go to a back 4 similar to the last game in Israel. 

Gordon

Hendry.  Cooper Tierney

Patterson.                  Robbo 

McTominay Gilmour MacGregor

McGinn

Dykes

I’d be happy with either Cooper or McKenna in the middle of the back 3, I’ve went for Cooper purely on his experience but I’d have no problems with McKenna starting there.

1 minute ago, Scot1 said:

It’ll be interesting to see what team / formation Clarke puts out. Huge game and at home in front of a full Hampden it’s one we are well capable of winning. 
I think Clarke will stick with the 3/5/2 or variation of, and if needs be go to a back 4 similar to the last game in Israel. 

Gordon

Hendry.  Cooper Tierney

Patterson.                  Robbo 

McTominay Gilmour MacGregor

McGinn

Dykes

I’d be happy with either Cooper or McKenna in the middle of the back 3, I’ve went for Cooper purely on his experience but I’d have no problems with McKenna starting there.

Same as mine i think??  I would defo go with the false 9 playing off o McDykes. good shout!

7 minutes ago, ST6's-t-army said:

Same as mine i think??  I would defo go with the false 9 playing off o McDykes. good shout!

If Hanley was available I’d start with a back 4. But with me including Patterson in the starting 11, I wouldn’t want to change things too much, which is why I’ve kept Hendry in his usual position and not in the middle of the 3. 
I definitely don’t want to see McTominay in defence tomorrow 

Would like to see us switch to a back 4 against the Faroes