Points and tickets - Page 3 - Moldova v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Points and tickets

glesgadan

Can't think why they didn't just announce 100% pick up from the off.

Given the small number they could just about have hand delivered them to the accommodation address !

Agree with Bristolhibby that this needs announced prior to sale commencing even if it's only by notification on the sales page.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Robbo fae Ayr said:

Looks like they were added , but unfortunately 2 points have dropped off at same time , I had 28 points before going to Faroes today still have 28 , my mate who didn’t go had 18 points last week and today has only 16 

Did the Moldova and Israel home points get added?I suppose if 2 points have dropped off,then the Moldova and Israel home points would just keep you on the same points.

4 hours ago, Old Timer said:

Can't think why they didn't just announce 100% pick up from the off.

Given the small number they could just about have hand delivered them to the accommodation address !

Agree with Bristolhibby that this needs announced prior to sale commencing even if it's only by notification on the sales page.

Surely you don't get the point if the ticket isn't scanned? (assuming they're QR/bar codes)

Should be 100% pick up, cheap ticket and small number, easy to oversee surely! 

I'd like to be optimistic about allocations & even 100% pick-up but the e-mail exchanges I've had with the SSC this week very much gave the impression that they couldn't care less. I'd be surprised at this stage if they even bothered to ask for more than the initial allocation we were given, and I was told quite clearly that 100% pick-up wasn't an option as they didn't have the resources or facilities to do it (which, given I've often picked up tickets from a hotel lobby or even the odd pub, and there's chat now of them doing it afterall, seems like a bit of a cop out).

Leaves a bit of a sour taste that it's in exactly these types of situations you'd expect them to go a bit above & beyond for the fans, but I'm more than content with the home end plan by this stage.

Edited by Easy_1967

1 hour ago, Easy_1967 said:

I'd like to be optimistic about allocations & even 100% pick-up but the e-mail exchanges I've had with the SSC this week very much gave the impression that they couldn't care less. I'd be surprised at this stage if they even bothered to ask for more than the initial allocation we were given, and I was told quite clearly that 100% pick-up wasn't an option as they didn't have the resources or facilities to do it (which, given I've often picked up tickets from a hotel lobby or even the odd pub, and there's chat now of them doing it afterall, seems like a bit of a cop out).

Leaves a bit of a sour taste that it's in exactly these types of situations you'd expect them to go a bit above & beyond for the fans, but I'm more than content with the home end plan by this stage.

They won't pay to have people to dish out the tickets , too many spaces on the flight taken up by old blazers there on a jolly 

12 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

They won't pay to have people to dish out the tickets , too many spaces on the flight taken up by old blazers there on a jolly 

There were 2 SSC staff in Torshavn, spoke to them in the stadium so plenty support out there! This is more about Covid protocols! Incidentally I’ve just been pinged as having to isolate due to close contact on my flight back to Edinburgh last Thursday! Also know of others who have tested positive since last week so Covids still a threat! 

2 minutes ago, macwomble said:

There were 2 SSC staff in Torshavn, spoke to them in the stadium so plenty support out there! This is more about Covid protocols! Incidentally I’ve just been pinged as having to isolate due to close contact on my flight back to Edinburgh last Thursday! Also know of others who have tested positive since last week so Covids still a threat! 

Aye, I was pinged but when i done the test and trace advised I do not need to isolate but should have a PCR test. Done the 2 day one Sat which came back neg.

12 hours ago, Easy_1967 said:

Plenty of us in that boat , looks like tickets don't go on sale till about 6 days before the game though and can only be bought online from fmf website

19 hours ago, macwomble said:

Only need to isolate if you test positive.

55 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Only need to isolate if you test positive.

Not what the official text says! Where I’m confused is does my 2 day arrival negative PCR suffice not to isolate! All as clear as mud! Have done another PCR and negative result from that later today definitely does! 

6597C1A3-1F81-44F8-B61C-BCDB82556FDB.png

972F4E68-3763-4673-87C2-7BF84FD1B0A6.png

Just now, Orraloon said:

Should that not be that he doesn't need to isolate if he tests negative? 

By that I mean, should he not be isolating until he get the result of a PCR test?

Agreed and that’s the route I’m following! 

3 minutes ago, macwomble said:

Not what the official text says! Where I’m confused is does my 2 day arrival negative PCR suffice not to isolate! All as clear as mud! Have done another PCR and negative result from that later today definitely does! 

6597C1A3-1F81-44F8-B61C-BCDB82556FDB.png

972F4E68-3763-4673-87C2-7BF84FD1B0A6.png

Our post overlapped there. That's what I was meaning. You need to isolate until you get the result of the PCR test. If it comes back negative then you can stop isolating.

9 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

Our post overlapped there. That's what I was meaning. You need to isolate until you get the result of the PCR test. If it comes back negative then you can stop isolating.

Yip! Travels all hassle at present! To be dinged 6 days after travelling shows the system not ideal! My pal had to walk off his building site yesterday because he was pinged! I think my plan for Moldova will be to do whatever test is required for arriving back then book an NHS PCR about a week later as back up to cover for  being pinged as is likely to happen after arriving back on an almost 4 hour flight!

6 hours ago, Orraloon said:

Should that not be that he doesn't need to isolate if he tests negative? 

By that I mean, should he not be isolating until he get the result of a PCR test?

Yes, but does need to isolate until the PCR returns negative. If positive, obviously he has to isolate. 

J

On 10/19/2021 at 10:01 PM, Bzzzz said:

Surely you don't get the point if the ticket isn't scanned? (assuming they're QR/bar codes)

Should be 100% pick up, cheap ticket and small number, easy to oversee surely! 

In Faroes they scanned my ticket but never scanned the 2 guys with me , looked like scanning at random 

11 hours ago, Orraloon said:

That's what I meant. Got same text few weeks ago. Went for text. 12hrs later I was free to leave house.