Points and tickets - Moldova v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Points and tickets


glesgadan
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I emailed the SSC and they got back to me today.

They replied with “we have sent a communication to the Moldovan FA today. Depending on the allocation will determine how far the points will go down as always.”

There is only 35 days until this game. Is it me or should there have been communication before today?

it’s hard enough trying to get annual leave from work and then gamble on whether to spend hundreds of pounds getting to and from a country to watch a football match that I might not get a ticket to. 
 

is there not a scheduled timetable of when tickets should be offered? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, From_Dundee_to_Ancoats said:

Are Moldova not on reduced capacity at minute? 

I think you are correct mate. Pretty sure mass events in Moldova are only allowed 50% capacity at present.

 

Very difficult to know how things will be in a month’s time.

I was really looking forward to this trip… the chance to potentially book a play-off spot (if all goes well on Tuesday night) gives the game that bit more of an edge also.

But it looks like I will struggle to get a ticket for the game and not sure if going into the home end is feasible, so thinking about giving it a miss now.

Edited by Toll Bridge TA
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/10/2021 at 6:03 PM, glesgadan said:

Except seen somewhere else on here that the danish only got 500 tickets. Less than 3000 attendance in a 10,000 capacity stadium.

I really am torn whether to gamble and book. 

I think that 500 then got halved when they introduced restrictions. And they never got their allocation confirmed til about 14 days before the game.

Good article here: https://www.fordanmark.dk/herrelandsholdet/nyheder/darligt-nyt-fra-moldova/

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you look at the GOV UK advice on Moldova, it's saying that the country is in a public health state of emergency until at least 30 October. Not quite lockdown but all gatherings at public events are operating at 50% capacity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, dezmondo said:

Anyone know what Moldova is like currently with regards to Covid? 

My flights got messed about but planning to rebook. Don't know if it's worth it if restaurants and bars will be closed. 

Pubs and all that are still open. The only restriction being compulsory wearing of face masks in public places and the 50% reduction in capacity for public events. Covid is on the rise with the latest figures showing a seven day average of 1335 new cases a day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, dezmondo said:

Anyone know what Moldova is like currently with regards to Covid? 

My flights got messed about but planning to rebook. Don't know if it's worth it if restaurants and bars will be closed. 

Virus is on the rise and only a very low percentage of the population vaccinated. I'd imagine they don't test anywhere near the numbers we do so their actual figures are likely to be worse than being reported.

Keep in mind that their population is only around 2.6m with the rogue state of Transnistria not included.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/moldova/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

I think that 500 then got halved when they introduced restrictions. And they never got their allocation confirmed til about 14 days before the game.

Good article here: https://www.fordanmark.dk/herrelandsholdet/nyheder/darligt-nyt-fra-moldova/

 

Denmark were initially given 520 tickets which was then reduced to 330.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, dezmondo said:

Really hard to gauge how many folk will travel to this.....500??

Do we think there will be any scope to get a hold of home end tickets? 

Think we will be alright for tickets. With Covid rising and constant flight changes I think this has put alot of supporters off now as it is alot of hassle.

If unable to get tickets through the SSC if the price is right should hopefully get a home end ticket but just no wanting a Macedonia away fiasco again 😂😂🤦🏻‍♂️

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Big Brows said:

Think we will be alright for tickets. With Covid rising and constant flight changes I think this has put alot of supporters off now as it is alot of hassle.

If unable to get tickets through the SSC if the price is right should hopefully get a home end ticket but just no wanting a Macedonia away fiasco again 😂😂🤦🏻‍♂️

 

A lot of guys in the Faroes that i talked to said they had booked up for Moldova as well,while quite a few on this forum said they weren't going to the Faroes,but had already booked for Moldova.If they only give us 300 or 400 tickets,i think that would be well short.Think we would be looking for double that amount.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, thesaint said:

A lot of guys in the Faroes that i talked to said they had booked up for Moldova as well,while quite a few on this forum said they weren't going to the Faroes,but had already booked for Moldova.If they only give us 300 or 400 tickets,i think that would be well short.Think we would be looking for double that amount.

Ach, it's one of those where everyone's perspective will be different. Of the dozens of folk I know who usually travel, I can just about count on one hand those who are going to Moldova. The majority have either patched it or are waiting for ticket news.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Padre Andrew said:

294 tickets is a joke. Hopefully the SFA will be able to increase that.

Please - don't buy a ticket unless you're definitely going. 

The only thing more disappointing than the allocation was the news it wasn't going to be collection over there. 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share




×
×
  • Create New...