Faroes away tickets? Advice please - Faroe Islands v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Faroes away tickets? Advice please

Scottish Rog

It is a good few years since I managed to get to an away game (life, kids, divorce ,etc) but I took a punt with buying plane and hotel tickets for me and my three kids back in December after the draw.   This will be their first Scotland away game having been to a good few at Hampden (thought v Faroes would be a great away one to choose)

But I now see all tickets are sold out on SFA site (and we didn't have enough points to have got in at the start).

Anyone got any ideas of how to get Faroe Island away tickets for two adults (me and my eldest daughter) and my other two kids (14 yo and 11 yo).   We are all Scotland Supporter Club members.

Flying out from Edinburgh in 11th and back on 14th.

Thanks for any and all thoughts in advance.

Rog

The 460 tickets for Faroes away have now sold out! With the price being only £12 I imagine quite a few of those may be harvesting tickets so there may be some going second hand.

On that note - I'm looking for 1 adult ticket for one of our group travelling who is not a member. If anyone has one going please PM me!

19 hours ago, Scottish Rog said:

It is a good few years since I managed to get to an away game (life, kids, divorce ,etc) but I took a punt with buying plane and hotel tickets for me and my three kids back in December after the draw.   This will be their first Scotland away game having been to a good few at Hampden (thought v Faroes would be a great away one to choose)

But I now see all tickets are sold out on SFA site (and we didn't have enough points to have got in at the start).

Anyone got any ideas of how to get Faroe Island away tickets for two adults (me and my eldest daughter) and my other two kids (14 yo and 11 yo).   We are all Scotland Supporter Club members.

Flying out from Edinburgh in 11th and back on 14th.

Thanks for any and all thoughts in advance.

Rog

Might be the chance of picking up home end tickets on the day.Pretty small ground(6000),but not sure if their games sell out.That was going to be my plan if i didn't get a ticket.Luckily,i managed to get one of the last available.Also,sometimes guys turn up with spare tickets because somebody had to pull out of the trip at the last minute.My last resort was to watch the game from the hill that is at the side of the stadium.Have seen pictures of plenty of fans watching from the hill.Obviously,not ideal with kids though.Hope you get in to the game.

5 hours ago, thesaint said:

Might be the chance of picking up home end tickets on the day.Pretty small ground(6000),but not sure if their games sell out.That was going to be my plan if i didn't get a ticket.Luckily,i managed to get one of the last available.Also,sometimes guys turn up with spare tickets because somebody had to pull out of the trip at the last minute.My last resort was to watch the game from the hill that is at the side of the stadium.Have seen pictures of plenty of fans watching from the hill.Obviously,not ideal with kids though.Hope you get in to the game.

Since the population of the entire Faroe Islands is 48,000, including only 14,000 in Torshavn, I would very much doubt they would sell 5,500 home tickets.  If they did this could make them the best supported team in world football per head of population.    It would be the equivalent of Scotland selling 550,000 tickets for a game.  I got a ticket but my son didnt but I expect home tickets to be available.

16 hours ago, Ayr Storm said:

Since the population of the entire Faroe Islands is 48,000, including only 14,000 in Torshavn, I would very much doubt they would sell 5,500 home tickets.  If they did this could make them the best supported team in world football per head of population.    It would be the equivalent of Scotland selling 550,000 tickets for a game.  I got a ticket but my son didnt but I expect home tickets to be available.

Yes,you could have a fair chance of getting tickets in the away end.Come the day of the match,they will be more than happy to sell tickets to anybody that's willing to buy.

Thanks all - still trying to find options.  This being my kids first away game I wasnt really thinking they would travel all the way there to watch on telly in a Faroes bar or from the hill haha.    Did email the SFA again to ask about possible returns or collection (as others have suggested) but they say they dont have the resource to do that..

If I dont get tickets I might move to see if anyone wants to buy our Edinburgh to Faroes return flights (out 11th back 14th).  I checked and it is 500Dkk to change the name, so all legit.   Would be about £1400 total including names changes for four return flights from Edinburgh (£365 ish per person return flight) - I bought them back on 9th December last year just after the draw.  I have 3 nights hotels booked but not yet paid for so I am sure they could be transferred over also.

Have emailed contacts in Faroes, but if no joy from them I will post separate post here offering flights for sale probably on Tues (other option is I transfer dates of flights to next summer and go as a holiday with no footie!).  Good point about the 5500 home tickets though - might still be worth the punt on the trip!!!  An adventure for my kids

6 hours ago, Scottish Rog said:

Thanks all - still trying to find options.  This being my kids first away game I wasnt really thinking they would travel all the way there to watch on telly in a Faroes bar or from the hill haha.    Did email the SFA again to ask about possible returns or collection (as others have suggested) but they say they dont have the resource to do that..

If I dont get tickets I might move to see if anyone wants to buy our Edinburgh to Faroes return flights (out 11th back 14th).  I checked and it is 500Dkk to change the name, so all legit.   Would be about £1400 total including names changes for four return flights from Edinburgh (£365 ish per person return flight) - I bought them back on 9th December last year just after the draw.  I have 3 nights hotels booked but not yet paid for so I am sure they could be transferred over also.

Have emailed contacts in Faroes, but if no joy from them I will post separate post here offering flights for sale probably on Tues (other option is I transfer dates of flights to next summer and go as a holiday with no footie!).  Good point about the 5500 home tickets though - might still be worth the punt on the trip!!!  An adventure for my kids

Somehow,i would be surprised if every ticket was sold in the Faroes.Might be wrong of course,but there is a chance you can pick some up over there.As i said,if i hadn't got a ticket i would still have taken a chance on getting a ticket over there,but as i said before i will be on my own,and not with kids.Difficult decision for you though.

6 hours ago, Scottish Rog said:

Re attendances don’t think it likely to be a sellout!! Attendances of last 3 gsmes attached!!The Denmark game is almost a home game re their country tie in!! But the problem might be if the authorities over there take a decision not to sell re Covid concerns!! 

25D189B3-B070-4606-875E-D7036E9947AB.png

39512311-D694-40EF-AF4E-93ED480D283F.png

019F9E56-79F9-41D4-8A74-9DB973BD59BF.png

2 hours ago, macwomble said:

Re attendances don’t think it likely to be a sellout!! Attendances of last 3 gsmes attached!!The Denmark game is almost a home game re their country tie in!! But the problem might be if the authorities over there take a decision not to sell re Covid concerns!! 

2 hours ago, macwomble said:

Looking at those attendances,don't think there will be a problem getting in.

1 hour ago, Flipping eck said:

How are people getting to the Faroes? Have they confirmed that they're letting us in?

Yes,their entry rules are the same as Denmark.Double vaccinated gets you in.Not the easiest place to get to.Down to Heathrow onto Copenhagen and then over to the Faroes.There are a few flights from Edinburgh,but none of them suited  me.Also,a bit of hanging about between flights.

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

Yes,their entry rules are the same as Denmark.Double vaccinated gets you in.Not the easiest place to get to.Down to Heathrow onto Copenhagen and then over to the Faroes.There are a few flights from Edinburgh,but none of them suited  me.Also,a bit of hanging about between flights.

None of the charters going ahead then?

1 hour ago, Flipping eck said:

None of the charters going ahead then?

No.I was originally going on the sports options trip,but they cancelled really early.Then the wonky sheep trip eas cancelled because company they were using didn't have sufficient staff to service it,because of people leaving during covid.So,it was down to organising the trip anyway possible,which was a bit pricey to be honest,but i  didn't really fancy Moldova,so it was the Faroes for me.