*****Predictions for the next two games***** - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

*****Predictions for the next two games*****

ST6's-t-army

So as you can see from my recent post i predicted the results for the last 3 games bang on. All you negative nancies were all doom and gloom and predicted that we had no chance of qualifying.... So.... What's your predication's for the next two fixtures? As we know the boys are bang up for the big occasion and the Israel game is a cup final for us! Roared on by a rocking and rowdy full house at Hamden I predict a Win then i'll go Win against Faroes. Tell you what.... As a freebee i'll give you the 3rd game result as well, Not to be negative but it will be a draw in moldova.

I can quite easily see it being a turgid 0-0 draw V Israel and us winning in the Faroes by 1-0 or 2-0.

Lets face it we are not a goal machine and Israel set themselves up to be well-organised in defence as we have seen in the many recent games against them. We are not likely to go gung-ho at them as the onus is actually more on them to win the game given the group standings.. I'd prefer us to start Patterson in this game as pace is their strength in attack and weakness at the back. If we have a night where we are ruthless in front of goal (a rarity for us) then a win is certainly achievable and likely.

Unless we've learnt the lessons of the 27 previous Israel games I can see them nicking it as they're due one if we just approach it the usual way.  A team of Israel's standing should not be allowed to have a front three that barely need to track back away  from home so sort the system out instead of being a stubborn bastard and we should win.  Dasa has pushed Robertson back and we've ended up in a back five too many times - make him defend instead vs a wide man, make their wide men track our full backs and stop Nacho wondering about like Pirlo would seem fairly obvious given previous outings.    

3 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Unless we've learnt the lessons of the 27 previous Israel games I can see them nicking it as they're due one if we just approach it the usual way.  A team of Israel's standing should not be allowed to have a front three that barely need to track back away  from home so sort the system out instead of being a stubborn bastard and we should win.  Dasa has pushed Robertson back and we've ended up in a back five too many times - make him defend instead vs a wide man, make their wide men track our full backs and stop Nacho wondering about like Pirlo would seem fairly obvious given previous outings.    

I think us getting the result in the games that truly mattered would have scarred them. 

I’m not sure what I’m basing this on but I think we’ll beat Israel fairly comfortably on Saturday. Nothing more than a gut feeling. 3-1 Scotland.

Faroes will be tough. They’re not the mugs they once were (we’ve rarely found it easy up there anyway) and even Denmark struggled to beat them there although there may be cultural/political reasons for that. 0-1 Scotland. 

41 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

It's Scotland, 180 minutes of stress or heart ache is what we do🤣

😂 True but just this once can’t we win a couple of games is a row comfortably? Just 2 straightforward wins in crucial games with good performances and a few goals. Has to happen eventually. 

Confident of 6 points , makes a welcome change hearing of no call-offs even before a squad is announced,for to long there has been players not fully committed and willing to drop out.Feels different with this squad players committed and majority of our core 11 are playing very well,full Hampden what could go wrong ✌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

1 hour ago, Lawrie74 said:

Confident of 6 points , makes a welcome change hearing of no call-offs even before a squad is announced,for to long there has been players not fully committed and willing to drop out.Feels different with this squad players committed and majority of our core 11 are playing very well,full Hampden what could go wrong ✌🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Love the confidence but none of our squad with the exception of maybe Robertson and Christie are pulling up any trees at club level .

However  how we drag out results despite that is a credit to them.

Israel are always a problem for us , 4 points I feel 

3 hours ago, DAVIDB46 said:

Love the confidence but none of our squad with the exception of maybe Robertson and Christie are pulling up any trees at club level .

However  how we drag out results despite that is a credit to them.

Israel are always a problem for us , 4 points I feel 

Cough, John McGinn at Villa is first pick. And bossed the game at Old Trafford v Man U.

J

6 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

Cough, John McGinn at Villa is first pick. And bossed the game at Old Trafford v Man U.

J

Yes he did play very well that day but that is just one game .

we seem to automatically link being picked with playing well as the same thing in recent years .

I get why we do that because our talent pool isn’t large .

I don't know. I may well put another prediction in on Saturday pre-KO.

That Austria performance, the going there and winning (whilst with a wee rub of the green) was a excellent result, and yet when you look back on that triple header - barring the first 20 minutes against Denmark ; we were actually pretty decent, goals are a huge win, but if we can win 1-0 again, then féck, aye! 

Israel are tough, there's nothing between us of late, and to 'even' up the score - we NEED to win! Almost three years to the day we first met them in 2018, we've played Israel 7 times in three years! We've won 1 ; Israel 2 ; drawn 3.  2-2-3 sounds good, any way of achieving that please lads! Then again, I'll take a 1-0 in Tórshavn again! 

Head

Scotland 1 Israel 1

Faroes 0 Scotland 1

Heart 

Scotland 2 Israel 0

Faroes 0 Scotland 3