Squad for Israel/Faroe Islands Double Header - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad for Israel/Faroe Islands Double Header

Caledonian Craig

8 hours ago, csinclair said:

Duffy looked abysmal in the Scottish Prem last season yet has looked solid so far in the EPL this season. Does that mean the Scottish Prem is better than the English Prem? Of course not

Bang on. 

Its just the easy anti MLS argument which isn’t really applicable nowadays given the standard of our own league. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/28/2021 at 4:43 PM, Malcolm said:

team will be

Gordon

odonnel   Hendry Cooper tierney robertson

Mctominay gilmour

Mcginn

Adams dykes

that's the team I would go for, if Paterson had played a few more minutes this season would have been interested in what he did however as O'Donnell is playing and match fit and Paterson perhaps not as much, also O'Donnell's international experience i think he'll go for him

Paterson would be ideal for the Faroes pace, direct, energy, threat going forward and great international experience for him

Im really excited for these two games cant wait really hopeful of 3 wins and 1 draw in our last 4 games to get us 2nd spot in our group and a seeded position in the playoffs; as they say its the hope that kills you 

1 hour ago, COLT NY said:

Patterson played well for us against Moldova, but with the amount of game time he's been getting at Rangers he really shouldn't be getting selected for the squad in front of Calvin Ramsey.

It's becoming a little bit infuriating that the Scottish champions regularly fail to play a single eligible Scot.

28 minutes ago, Tartan blood said:

It's becoming a little bit infuriating that the Scottish champions regularly fail to play a single eligible Scot.

It very much is.

Patterson & McCrorie have both been excellent when they’ve played & there’s virtually no chance of either of them getting a game at the moment. 

18 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

It very much is.

Patterson & McCrorie have both been excellent when they’ve played & there’s virtually no chance of either of them getting a game at the moment. 

I was going to say it's a return of the Dick Advocaat era, but he at least played Barry Ferguson regularly. I'm just hoping Ryan Jack will get back in the team when fit. But I'm not holding my breath.

We shouldn't be seeing 3 more Scots playing for Norwich than we do Rangers.

I dont want to tempt fate but think we have a lot of players hitting a bit of form lately .  Liam Cooper has been great for leeds , McKenna for Forest and Jack Hendry must be full of confidence after FC Bruges last 2 Champions league games . 

Robertson and Tierney have performed really well for liverpool and Arsenal. McTominay has started last 2 games for Man Utd . 

Dykes scored for QPR  yesterday .

Hopefully we will have a fully fit squad and full of confidence 

1 hour ago, noctonjock said:

I dont want to tempt fate but think we have a lot of players hitting a bit of form lately .  Liam Cooper has been great for leeds , McKenna for Forest and Jack Hendry must be full of confidence after FC Bruges last 2 Champions league games . 

Robertson and Tierney have performed really well for liverpool and Arsenal. McTominay has started last 2 games for Man Utd . 

Dykes scored for QPR  yesterday .

Hopefully we will have a fully fit squad and full of confidence 

Christie has been on fire at Bournemouth as well. When he is not shooting on sight, he is a very creative player. Since Fraser can't seem to get off the bench at Newcastle right now, Christie may be our best bet as the 2nd striker. 

McGregor has also been a man possessed at Celtic this season. Probably the reason he ended up with his longest injury layoff in years. (Like 4 games)

1 minute ago, TA Torr said:

When did the squad meet up? Any injury doubts? Cant see anything from the usual news sites.

Pretty sure they met up yesterday and I'd say no news is good news. You will never hear the press reporting a fully fit squad. They will pipe up if there are one or two niggles and potential call-offs though.