Boxing thread - Other Sports - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Boxing thread

vanderark14

• 2 weeks later...

That was some fight.

Wilder looked good early but gassed himself throwing so much so early, got tired reverted to type and stopped the body work.

Fury didn't look as good as previously I thought but weathered the storm.

Just watched it and the bookies had it about right. Brilliant fight to watch.

How did Wilder amass a 42-0 record. Gassed very early. And seemed very one dimensional and static. Not sure he ever really recovered from the early knock down.

Tyson Fury looked like he just stepped off a building site but his cardio was awesome in comparison, spring in his step going back to his corner at the end of the rounds. He is such a naturally big build guy that he has very heavy hands it seems. 

The ref looked like he was struggling to control the fight at times and Fury started to grapple with Wilder a lot. That was when it turned against him and it wore Wilder down.

edit: looking at Wilder's record explains a lot. Nearly all of his fights were incredibly short, not one went the distance (apart from the draw). edit again I see another so only two.

Edited by thplinth

One thing about that fight that impressed me was a slo-mo of one of Wilders heavy punches to Fury's coupon and you could see the shock wave ripple down the whole length of Fury's body in his fat layer. 😀

Edited by thplinth

Also looks like a dodgy ref, long counts when Fury went down.

Fury should have been counted out going by the time he went down. Of course he could have just adjusted to the ref's dodgy time keeping. 

I was hoping for dodgy ref decision the other way considering it was in Las Vegas.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, phart said:

Tonights UFC should be a good, like really deep card and also favourable match-ups. First card i'm getting up to watch live in a long time.

Probably guranteed to be shit now.

I'm too old i slept through my alarm haha

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

This will be my first and last ever post on this thread as I dont like boxing. But have just watched a fight involving a young British guy Micky Burke and a 37 yr old Croatian. It was hilarious.  It was like the older guy had been plucked out the audience 🤣Would not have been out of place in a Jack Black movie. 

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Really don’t know how to judge this one, I can see multiple scenarios which makes it an exciting fight, can’t wait for it 

Just sat down to start watching the undercard now. A Few beers and hopeully a good fight

8 hours ago, dan cake said:

AJ schooled again, Deek Chisora or some c.unt off YouTube next for the most overhyped fighter of all time. 

Joshua's outbursts at the end........what the fuck was that 🤣🤣🤣🤣

39 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Very true, but his pay days are over now. 

I don't think they are. He will need to go back and fight the likes of Whyte...... Wilder could be an option too. If he wins a couple of those fights he could get more title shots

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

I don't think they are. He will need to go back and fight the likes of Whyte...... Wilder could be an option too. If he wins a couple of those fights he could get more title shots

More to do with he’s finished with sky sports. Dazn won’t pay anything near what he’s made already, there’s 2 in the heavyweight division worth any amount of money and he’s miles off them now. 

If he gets more title shots, then it’s 2-3 years away and all the good ones will be gone by then. 

• 6 months later...

Youtuber Jake Paul and Reality TV Z list celebrity Tommy Fury is on this weekend. I wish there was a way both of them could lose. I read on Sky sports the winner will get a ranking from the WBC, what a great way to make a mockery of boxing. 

Taylor v Catterall Rematch is now looking dead in the water, Taylor is likely to fight lopez whilst Catterall will fight prograis. Disappointing but probably the smart move by Taylor.

I went to the Leigh Wood v Lara fight last week in Nottingham. 

Far too many lads had clearly been out all day for the Forest City game and carried it over to the boxing. 

The atmosphere was far too edgy to enjoy and there was a massive punch up about 4 rows behind me between Nottinghams finest......

I thought Leigh Wood was ahead and getting on top until Lara landed that left. 

If the proposed Wood Warrington fight at either Elland Road or City ground goes ahead it will be carnage.