tickets for the Faroes - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

tickets for the Faroes

thesaint

12 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Email from ssc saying we are getting 460 tickets for the Faroes .Sort of what was expected i suppose.Hopefull of getting a ticket,but could be tight.Not sure how many will be travelling.Fingers crossed.

Regarding above ticket allocation.Do you need to prove that you have flights etc to the Faroes,or does anybody with enough points get a ticket even if they have no intention of going,but would be willing to pay £12 to get another 2 points on their away games points total?Would be horrible if that was the case,as supporters actually travelling might be unable to get a ticket,because some ignorant character wants another 2 points on their total.

12 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

I'm surprised with such a small amount of tickets its not a 100% collection. 

That's what i thought.Opens it up to plenty of people buying tickets with no intention of going to boost their points,while leaving guys who want to make the trip not able to get a ticket.How hard would it be to make it a pick up in the Faroes.I can see a situation where the Scotland allocation sells out,but only maybe a couple of hundred use their tickets.That would be shameful,it really would.

14 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

Harvesters dream. 

Should at least threaten a random pickup rather than go all out saying there will be no pick up.

Poor from the SSC.

J

Poor is a f..king understatement.If they go through with this,it shows that they couldn't give a toss about supporters...as long as the tickets are sold,they are happy as a pig in shit.What part of supporters club do they not understand.They are supposed to be looking after all the supporters who are paying good money to be part of this...CLUB.Go on.earn your wages and make all ticket purchasers produce proof that they have booked travel to the Faroes.How difficult is that in this digital age.Or is that to much to expect?

4 hours ago, thesaint said:

Email from ssc saying we are getting 460 tickets for the Faroes .Sort of what was expected i suppose.Hopefull of getting a ticket,but could be tight.Not sure how many will be travelling.Fingers crossed.

No offence, but any chance you could start travel topics in the correct forum.

30 minutes ago, SteveMcD said:

No offence, but any chance you could start travel topics in the correct forum.

Why does that even bother you.Quite a few people have responded to my post here,it doesn't seem to concern them.Anyway,i have included it in other sections of the forum as well,as i wan't as many people as possible to see this shit decision by the ssc.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Poor is a f..king understatement.If they go through with this,it shows that they couldn't give a toss about supporters...as long as the tickets are sold,they are happy as a pig in shit.What part of supporters club do they not understand.They are supposed to be looking after all the supporters who are paying good money to be part of this...CLUB.Go on.earn your wages and make all ticket purchasers produce proof that they have booked travel to the Faroes.How difficult is that in this digital age.Or is that to much to expect?

Asking for proof of booked travel would be ridiculous. Plenty of folk won’t book up until they have secured a ticket.

Everyone should have to pick up their match tickets in the Faroes.

17 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Asking for proof of booked travel would be ridiculous. Plenty of folk won’t book up until they have secured a ticket.

Everyone should have to pick up their match tickets in the Faroes.

Picking up tickets in the Faroes is the preferred option.I want the ssc to explain why they can't do that for everybody,if they can do it for supporters who live abroad.How can it possibly be any different to make everybody pick up tickets.It isn't exactly a huge ammount of people.

15 hours ago, thesaint said:

Picking up tickets in the Faroes is the preferred option.I want the ssc to explain why they can't do that for everybody,if they can do it for supporters who live abroad.How can it possibly be any different to make everybody pick up tickets.It isn't exactly a huge ammount of people.

You clearly didn’t collect in Prague in 2010!

In all seriousness for such a small number and if foreign based SSC members have to collect, there’s no reason why this can’t be 100% pickup.

J

2 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

You clearly didn’t collect in Prague in 2010!

In all seriousness for such a small number and if foreign based SSC members have to collect, there’s no reason why this can’t be 100% pickup.

J

Exactly.Sent them an email asking them to explain why this can't be done.Just can't think of a reason.

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

Exactly.Sent them an email asking them to explain why this can't be done.Just can't think of a reason.

And even if they wanted to “catch somebody out”.

COVID is the ready made excuse. Would be hard to issue warnings in this day and age.

J

Myself, wife (who is Faroese) and daughter are travelling to the Faroes for a week and hoping we can get tickets but only on 10 points so fingers crossed.  We have asked family in the Faroes what is happening with home tickets, they are getting charged 200Kr and must give contact details including phone numbers. 

4 hours ago, ROYZER said:

Myself, wife (who is Faroese) and daughter are travelling to the Faroes for a week and hoping we can get tickets but only on 10 points so fingers crossed.  We have asked family in the Faroes what is happening with home tickets, they are getting charged 200Kr and must give contact details including phone numbers. 

I'm sweating on a ticket as well.Haven't really been able to gauge how many are travelling to the Faroes.I can see me watching the game from that big hill at the side of the ground.Fingers and everything else crossed.

6 hours ago, hannibal smith said:

Still plenty available for 22 pointers, given there are 638 on 22 and above maybe harvesting isn't the issue some of you believe. 

The more that are still available the better,but just wondering how you know that there are still plenty available?

37 minutes ago, thesaint said:

The more that are still available the better,but just wondering how you know that there are still plenty available?

I have my contacts.

The way everyone was talking was all the tickets would be hoovered up by the people on high points regardless of whether they would be going or not given the price. 

less than 400 of the 460 tickets have been bought by the 918 people on 20 points and above to date.