Bucharest -> Chisinau Options - Moldova v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bucharest -> Chisinau Options

Joshrodgers97

6 of us booked Edinburgh -> Bucharest (Ryaniar) on the 10th Nov, flying home from Bucharest -> Edinburgh on the 14th (Wizz-air). The intention was to get the famous night train from Bucharest to Chisinau however, this does not seem to be running currently due to Moldovan Rail going bankrupt. The alternatives currently are bus, private hire or internal flights. 

Is anybody in the same predicament? And if there is a lot who chose this route, would anyone be interested in a coach hire option to make the journey a bit more fun? 😂

On 9/23/2021 at 3:14 PM, Joshrodgers97 said:

6 of us booked Edinburgh -> Bucharest (Ryaniar) on the 10th Nov, flying home from Bucharest -> Edinburgh on the 14th (Wizz-air). The intention was to get the famous night train from Bucharest to Chisinau however, this does not seem to be running currently due to Moldovan Rail going bankrupt. The alternatives currently are bus, private hire or internal flights. 

Is anybody in the same predicament? And if there is a lot who chose this route, would anyone be interested in a coach hire option to make the journey a bit more fun? 😂

We're in the same position. 8 of us fly into Bucharest on the 8th and had planned to get the train on the 10th. 

Update seems positive but would still be keen to start looking at alternatives. What's your plan at the minute?

Cheers,

Robbie 

Current plan is to get the bus alternative on the 10th as its only £10 and then if the train runs I will buy a ticket for that also. 9hrs instead of 13/14hrs on the train but buses aren't the most enjoyable form of travel haha.

What about you?

1 hour ago, Joshrodgers97 said:

Current plan is to get the bus alternative on the 10th as its only £10 and then if the train runs I will buy a ticket for that also. 9hrs instead of 13/14hrs on the train but buses aren't the most enjoyable form of travel haha.

What about you?

it was only through reading your message that found out the train's potentially not running so I've not looked at alternatives tbh. 

Bus sounds less glamorous that £8 bottles of champagne on the train but I'll take it if it gets us there.

That Bucharest to Chisinau aye?  

Robbie,

That is us booked up now. 

10th Nov 23:00 Bus -> Chisinau with the intention of buying a train ticket if it comes online.

13th November Chisinau -> Iasi Bus (3hrs), explore and then get an early flight to Bucharest on 14th (55mins) to get flight back to Edinburgh with Wizzair. All this for £42 so happy with that and splits up the travel a bit! 

On 10/8/2021 at 8:41 AM, Joshrodgers97 said:

Robbie,

That is us booked up now. 

10th Nov 23:00 Bus -> Chisinau with the intention of buying a train ticket if it comes online.

13th November Chisinau -> Iasi Bus (3hrs), explore and then get an early flight to Bucharest on 14th (55mins) to get flight back to Edinburgh with Wizzair. All this for £42 so happy with that and splits up the travel a bit! 

Jeez that's cheap, good effort! We're thinking bus there and back but will have a look at flight from lasi.

How did you book the bus? Will need to meet for a pint to say thanks for your help! 

• 2 weeks later...

Respect getting that bus so cheap. We (me and my pal) are flying via Bucharest on wednesday 10th on the TAROM flight that gets in to Chisnau at 7.15pm. I've pre booked a taxi via booking.com to pick us up about 8pm to the centre (Radisson). So if anyone's looking for a lift in off that flight let me know as it'll cost you zip - it takes 4 so room for 2. We normally have a very quick beer at arrivals to let the crowd die down and get the atmosphere. 

Still praying the train decides to run as that is meant to be a great experience.

Have you seen the restrictions in Bucharest right now? I have been reassured that the pubs/restaurants are still open until 21:00 so may see you during the day at the boozers!

Just looking at options still available for Chisinau.There seems to be direct flights from Luton to Chisinau for £135 with wizzair.Even taking in anotherv £70 for return to Luton from Glasgow,it still seems pretty good price.Wondering why so many are going via Bucharest and then on bus or train,when the Luton option seems to be much easier.

My pals in Dundee me actually an hour from luton but the flight is a nightmare time and he couldnt get a flight from ed after work to get to luton in time for connection so logic was if your gonna have to take the Wednesday off do it so you get to Moldova same day. Stansted and Edinburgh ryan air both arrive early PM in Bucharest so worked well for us. But the TAROM Bucharest Chinzano flight we are on is now fully booked. Cracking flight too as it gets in at 7pm. 

Besides all of that Wizz seem to have been a complete shower with flights changing and cancelling and causing loads on this site real grief.