U21s - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

U21s

Tartan blood

How Scot Gemmill is still in post is one of Scottish football's great mysteries.

The sad thing is, he actually has some gifted players to work with, but instead coaches them to play negative, industrial football.  He could even be forgiven for doing that if he was achieving things but when was the last time we qualified for anything at this level?

4 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Hickey needs bombed out and never called up again. 

Pulls out injured for a game on Thursday and plays a friendly for Bologna on the Friday, sorry laddie, but that’s not good enough 👋🏽👋🏽

Seriously??

6 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Pulls out injured for a game on Thursday and plays a friendly for Bologna on the Friday, sorry laddie, but that’s not good enough 👋🏽👋🏽

yes without any context or background on the situation lets hound him out and hope he never plays for us again, may effigy's of him burn in every corner of Hampden at the next home game 

I truly do hope my sarcasm same through on the above sentences  

I’d honestly let Hickey concentrate on his club football for the next season or two. I’m not that concerned that he’s not playing for the U21. 

1 hour ago, borojock said:

yes without any context or background on the situation lets hound him out and hope he never plays for us again, may effigy's of him burn in every corner of Hampden at the next home game 

I truly do hope my sarcasm same through on the above sentences  

I wouldn’t go that far, but I’d certainly be looking for an official explanation as to why he’s too unfit for Inyernational selection, but can play in a club game, that’s only gonna lead to a world of future problems, fuck him. 

Have not seen the squad or much information on it but our u19s had Big Duncs son playing for them up front plays for Newcastle and I know that King Rangers and kerr Dundee utd started at least 1 of the matches together, we oddly played Fleetwood Town twice 1 game we won 2-1 and the other a 1-1 draw. 

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Well if I was playing in Serie A and saw O'Donnell and a Rangers bench player picked ahead of me I wouldn't be to happy

A few days with Gemmel would set him back months. 

All of that is possibly true but there's such a thing as showing willing.

Pulling out of a qualifier, allegedly injured, to then play in a fecking club friendly a day later looks awful, and surely won't have impressed Steve Clarke.

12 hours ago, dandydunn said:

Who was it against and how many minutes did he play? I can’t find anything about it online although admittedly I didn’t try very hard. 

14 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Who was it against and how many minutes did he play? I can’t find anything about it online although admittedly I didn’t try very hard. 

Bologna’s u-19’s and he scored. Who it was against is irrelevant, if he’s selected to play, he should turn up or say he isn’t available for selection. Been reading a few things about it and there’s rumours he has been told unless it’s a full call up, then he’s too good to go. 

2 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Bologna’s u-19’s and he scored. Who it was against is irrelevant, if he’s selected to play, he should turn up or say he isn’t available for selection. Been reading a few things about it and there’s rumours he has been told unless it’s a full call up, then he’s too good to go. 

I was only asking who it was against so I could find out more about it. Bologna didn’t have club friendly on Friday so I wondered if it was maybe a training match or something which would have been completely different. I didn’t realise it was the under 19s.

I’m not sure if we should be crucifying the lad at this stage but it will be interesting to see how things develop. 

12 hours ago, dandydunn said:

I think the knickerwetting should be taken down a notch or two 

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

Surely its about whats best for Hickeys development at the moment. Yes U21 football is important but its main goal is to ready players for the main squad.

Maybe I’m too sentimental, but I believe you should earn everything you get in this world, as soon as you start picking choosing what you want, then it’s time to fuck off. 

He sounds like a premadonna in the making that will only disrupt the rest of the squad.

Why should everyone else have to work their way through the ranks when he believes he’s too good for that and can just walk into the main squad?

Fuck him. 

6 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Maybe I’m too sentimental, but I believe you should earn everything you get in this world, as soon as you start picking choosing what you want, then it’s time to fuck off. 

He sounds like a premadonna in the making that will only disrupt the rest of the squad.

Why should everyone else have to work their way through the ranks when he believes he’s too good for that and can just walk into the main squad?

Fuck him. 

It might not be him. It might be a conversation between the club and the SFA. These conversations happen all the time. McBurnie springs to mind when he pulled out of squad only to play a friendly the next day. This place went mental only for Clarke to say it was all agreed beforehand and it was done to get him back to fitness asap.

This case could be totally different and Hickey could be the primadonna you suggest. Im just saying we should have some caution before hanging the boy.

Im excited to have a young Scot playing week in week out in Serie A. The fact he misses an U21 game isnt of huge concern to me atm. If he starts to pull out of every squad and main squads then its the time to get annoyed.

1 hour ago, Diamond Scot said:

It might not be him. It might be a conversation between the club and the SFA. These conversations happen all the time. McBurnie springs to mind when he pulled out of squad only to play a friendly the next day. This place went mental only for Clarke to say it was all agreed beforehand and it was done to get him back to fitness asap.

This case could be totally different and Hickey could be the primadonna you suggest. Im just saying we should have some caution before hanging the boy.

Im excited to have a young Scot playing week in week out in Serie A. The fact he misses an U21 game isnt of huge concern to me atm. If he starts to pull out of every squad and main squads then its the time to get annoyed.

It’s not the first squad he’s pulled out of, he will have his reasons, but if he feels representing his country isn’t very important to him, then that should be that, shouldn’t be selected again. 

I still can’t find anything about this alleged game or how many minutes Hickey played. 

If it was a bounce game at Bologna’s training centre and he only played to try and improve his fitness or something or if he only played 15 minutes then it’s a total non-story. 

There’s a big difference between playing in a bounce game and playing an international, even at U21 level.