More shortages - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

More shortages

14 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Were you waiting on me. 😀

It is hard to have a conversation when you think fascists are on the extreme left.

Eh? I never said fascists were on the extreme left. I meant, my comment is aside from anything you were saying about fascists or any of the other groups you were complaining about. I was just trying to work out what you meant by the 'extreme left' part, who are apparently the problem.

Edited by exile

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, exile said:

Eh? I never said fascists were on the extreme left. I meant, my comment is aside from anything you were saying about fascists or any of the other groups you were complaining about. I was just trying to work out what you meant by the 'extreme left' part, who are apparently the problem.

Well you did as I quoted it. 

I don’t think you have any interest in what I say as you continually misinterpret it. 

I could maybe list about six of you who do it and you are all big buds who laugh at each other shit posts and hate salmond and are slaves to Nicola. 

I think you think you are invisible. 😃

19 minutes ago, thplinth said:

Well you did as I quoted it. 

I don’t think you have any interest in what I say as you continually misinterpret it. 

I could maybe list about six of you who do it and you are all big buds who laugh at each other shit posts and hate salmond and are slaves to Nicola. 

I think you think you are invisible. 😃

Eh?  One time I took interest in what you were saying about the extreme left, I invited you to explain, you didn't.

I'll go back to being invisible.

Image result for invisible man 1970s

On 9/21/2021 at 3:48 PM, phart said:

The ORCA facility is the largest carbon capure in the world and captures 4000 tonnes of carbon a year and costs a relative fortune, we pump out 31,500,000,000 tonnes.

There's a lot of scaling up to do. Or we need almost 8 million of them to just break even. Can we improve efficiency by 8 million percent in 19 years. I have no idea.

The world's biggest carbon-removal plant just opened. In a year, it'll negate just 3 seconds' worth of global emissions.

https://www.businessinsider.com/carbon-capture-storage-expensive-climate-change-2021-9?r=US&IR=T

15 hours ago, exile said:

Eh?  One time I took interest in what you were saying about the extreme left, I invited you to explain, you didn't.

I'll go back to being invisible.

Image result for invisible man 1970s

Exile, you are one of the best posters on here and I would be proud to be in your Secret Six gang. Never become invisible. 

I find panic buying quite funny to be honest. A little frustrating if I think about it long enough, but mostly funny.

What I don't get is - if there are going to be genuine shortages then what does an extra few days of fuel or a few weeks of toilet paper really get you anyway? 

You are still going to be washing your arse in the shower in the end. What does it matter if it's tomorrow or next week?

Edited by Morrisandmoo

14 hours ago, phart said:

The world's biggest carbon-removal plant just opened. In a year, it'll negate just 3 seconds' worth of global emissions.

https://www.businessinsider.com/carbon-capture-storage-expensive-climate-change-2021-9?r=US&IR=T

Its only the start, and if global warming is going to be bad as some are projecting, this is the future, and storing carbon will be a lucrative business. Scotland has a massive opportunity here 

On 9/25/2021 at 8:37 AM, thplinth said:

The extreme left replaced the working class as the people they wanted to 'save' because rather hilariously the working classes utterly rejected them. Who voted for Thatcher arseholes. 😀 (The working class fucking hate them and see through them as mostly middle class wankers talking pish in my impression.)

So the extreme left re-invented themselves and replaced 'class oppression' as their battle front with all the 'isms'. Ohhh men are bad and women are saintly, ohhh all white people are racists and evil, ohhh everyone is a homophobe and a transphobe. Sexism, racism and of course the incredibly tedious gender / tranny crap.

I don't know if it's the "extreme left" per se. But no doubt poverty and real life seems of much less interest let's say (to avoid semantics) the "online left" than hunting down, and being offended by, something somebody said or did 30 years ago. 

It's very distracting, and a great waste of time, to say the least. 

There’s a video from a few weeks ago, there was a fuel shortage in the Bible Belt in America, some stupid twat was filling up the storage area or flat bed of his pickup truck, he went round a corner, and it all sloshed out. Some people are really scary. 

2 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

I say online left, the fact the headlines from the Labour conference focus on what Rayner has to say about what offensive think Boris has said in the past says it all. 

What a waste of time. 

Dragging things up from the past is a tedious habit used by both sides, I don't think the left have a monopoly.

I do think though that it is still mainly online this happens and by people who are obsessed by politics, I don’t think this represents a large section of society.

But you are right, the focus of each of the extremes is more about whipping up anger and aggression than tackling anything meaningful. 

3 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Dragging things up from the past is a tedious habit used by both sides, I don't think the left have a monopoly.

I do think though that it is still mainly online this happens and by people who are obsessed by politics, I don’t think this represents a large section of society.

But you are right, the focus of each of the extremes is more about whipping up anger and aggression than tackling anything meaningful. 

Yeah, most people care very little about these things in real life. Even if they do enjoy being angry about it online. 

5 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

Yeah, most people care very little about these things in real life. Even if they do enjoy being angry about it online. 

I think the fact we have a PM who has called gay men tank topped bum boys  and who has compared Muslim women who wear burkhas to letter boxes shows the general public do not bother much.

I am using Boris Johnson as an example not because he is a Tory but because he has still managed to become the PM of Britain despite saying things like that and which were known long before he became PM. 

I do not agree with the extremes in society, I am far more centrist, but it beggars belief that someone can rise to that position in a supposed tolerant society, no matter when he made the comments. 

outrage is monetised.

It's the grift for engagement and hence advertising dollars. I've said before companies engaged AI's to increase engagement with their platforms, the Artificial intelligence programmes studied patterns and found outrage was the best way to get folk to keep coming back. Probably cause outrage tapped into a form of "herd mentality" which is selected for survival in our evolutionary past. We needed everyone in a tribe acting a certain way for survival in the past.

However like a lot of things you build up resistance to "outrage" so to keep engagement they then incrementally increased the outrage and the unforseen consequences of that was folk were led down the garden path and radicalised.

They're making people more predictable , hence why folk think in blanket terms, get triggered by certain words etc.

All the "OG" experts on AI talk about it now here's Stuart Russell

Russell is the co-author of the most popular textbook in the field of artificial intelligence: Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach used in more than 1,500 universities in 135 countries

5 hours ago, Morrisandmoo said:

I find panic buying quite funny to be honest. A little frustrating if I think about it long enough, but mostly funny.

What I don't get is - if there are going to be genuine shortages then what does an extra few days of fuel or a few weeks of toilet paper really get you anyway? 

You are still going to be washing your arse in the shower in the end. What does it matter if it's tomorrow or next week?

It’s not funny at all, my wife is a nurse in a mental health hospital, who are always short staffed and we’ve very little fuel left in the car. 

Nowhwre in Aberdeen has any, so not a clue how we’re getting her to work this week, apart from leaving at 5:30 am to take two busses and getting home around 9 after taking two busses home. 

I really hope some of these fucking morons need an ambulance soon, but can’t get one because it’s got no fuel to get there. 

18 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

It’s not funny at all, my wife is a nurse in a mental health hospital, who are always short staffed and we’ve very little fuel left in the car. 

Nowhwre in Aberdeen has any, so not a clue how we’re getting her to work this week, apart from leaving at 5:30 am to take two busses and getting home around 9 after taking two busses home. 

I really hope some of these fucking morons need an ambulance soon, but can’t get one because it’s got no fuel to get there. 

So there is a way to get to work?

I got fuel today because as expected the station had its usual Sunday delivery, they have another scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday and Thursday as they always do. I went down, queued for 7 minutes and filled up because I have hospital appointments next week but if I didn't get fuel I'd take the bus to the train station and the train to get to the hospital. It would've been an inconvenience hopefully a temporary one but it's an inconvenience not a disaster. 

10 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

So there is a way to get to work?

I got fuel today because as expected the station had its usual Sunday delivery, they have another scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday and Thursday as they always do. I went down, queued for 7 minutes and filled up because I have hospital appointments next week but if I didn't get fuel I'd take the bus to the train station and the train to get to the hospital. It would've been an inconvenience hopefully a temporary one but it's an inconvenience not a disaster. 

Yes, there’s a way, but adding 3 hours travelling time onto an already hectic 12 hour shift is never ideal. 

6 hours ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Its only the start, and if global warming is going to be bad as some are projecting, this is the future, and storing carbon will be a lucrative business. Scotland has a massive opportunity here 

I hope so. If they can scale it up would be a game changer!