More shortages - Page 4 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

More shortages

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, dandydunn said:

It’s not funny at all, my wife is a nurse in a mental health hospital, who are always short staffed and we’ve very little fuel left in the car. 

Nowhwre in Aberdeen has any, so not a clue how we’re getting her to work this week, apart from leaving at 5:30 am to take two busses and getting home around 9 after taking two busses home. 

I really hope some of these fucking morons need an ambulance soon, but can’t get one because it’s got no fuel to get there. 

That's definitely shite. 

However, some of the folk getting fuel would have been nurses and doctors. Tradesmen will have needed to fuel up for their work. In fact, every cunt will have a story as to why it's important they consume the scarce resource. Some of those stories are more compelling than others (naturally). But individually they all believe they are acting rationally, while collectively it looks like madness. Only very few will actually be behaving vindictively and deserve scorn (albeit such scorn will be promoted online, in the media and by some politicians)

I think getting angry about "panic buying" and anxious about your own personal circumstances just adds to the panic. I'd rather have a bit of a laugh at the collective madness and try to keep the heid (and choose not to queue up for shit myself - but that's mostly because I can't be fucked rather than any ethical sacrifice).  But that doesn't mean I'm laughing at some of the shitey consequences or circumstances (like your wife's) if you know what I mean.

4 minutes ago, Morrisandmoo said:

That's definitely shite. 

However, some of the folk getting fuel would have been nurses and doctors. Tradesmen will have needed to fuel up for their work. In fact, every cunt will have a story as to why it's important they consume the scarce resource. Some of those stories are more compelling than others (naturally). But individually they all believe they are acting rationally, while collectively it looks like madness. Only very few will actually be behaving vindictively and deserve scorn (albeit such scorn will be promoted online, in the media and by some politicians)

I think getting angry about "panic buying" and anxious about your own personal circumstances just adds to the panic. I'd rather have a bit of a laugh at the collective madness and try to keep the heid (and choose not to queue up for shit myself - but that's mostly because I can't be fucked rather than any ethical sacrifice).  But that doesn't mean I'm laughing at some of the shitey consequences or circumstances (like your wife's) if you know what I mean.

I agree, I wasnt having a go at you by any means, but as I posted (Friday I think) there was a woman in front of me at a tesco station who filled up with £8.74 (just in case). I had to fill the van up as the light was on, as I normally do when I’m away to run out, but as usual, the media create panic and the morons buy into it. 

Ive no idea how these people manage to dress themselves in the morning sometimes. 

4 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

So there is a way to get to work?

I got fuel today because as expected the station had its usual Sunday delivery, they have another scheduled for tomorrow, Tuesday and Thursday as they always do. 

Unless you work in the petrol station, live next door or are called Davie Esso that is very impressive knowledge of the petrol delivery schedule………. I have zero clue about when deliveries come, hence why it’s train in the morning for me 🙁

do you also follow greggs sausage roll delivery schedules?

9 hours ago, ger intae them said:

Unless you work in the petrol station, live next door or are called Davie Esso that is very impressive knowledge of the petrol delivery schedule………. I have zero clue about when deliveries come, hence why it’s train in the morning for me 🙁

do you also follow greggs sausage roll delivery schedules?

Someone posted the delivery days on social media after they'd asked a member of staff at the petrol station.

4 hours ago, thplinth said:

Further to my middle class wankers point above this made me smile. (Yes it was on Fox News and no I dont know who this guy Ami Horowitz is nor care.)

Who are the racists here. 😀

"They don't, like, have the knowledge of how it works..."

Jeezo 🤣

If there are shortages as the thread title suggested then this is entirely predictable. Did not take long to get the army involved either. Must be something to it. The BREXIT ominshambles rolls on like a snowball down a hill.

What if you had to drive to London or somewhere long distance and could not be sure you could get petrol when you needed it. Stuck in the middle of nowhere. 

Also if this is what it is like now can you imagine how bad it would be if things actually got serious (food shortages, blackouts). FFS somehow I don't think we'd be seeing the Dunkirk spirit coming to the fore blah blah blah...

People are savages if you scratch the surface. 😀

Petrol and bog paper... it is at times like these you find out what is really important in day to day life.

Apparently there was also some change to the tax regulations that hit HGV drivers. Meant that a lot of them reduced their hours as it was not worthwhile. Heard someone say they only do four days a week now as if they go any higher the additional tax makes it almost pointless. Looks like it was a very bad idea and an even worse time to do it.

Also there is a CO2 shortage because all the nitrogen fertilizer plants have all (temporarily) shut down due to high fuel costs.

This shit does seem to be mounting up. What a circus Boris & Gove (& Cameron) have turned the UK into. 😀 And now they are running the country when neither could run a bath. Good times ahead.

Where are all the GP's and what the fuck are they all actually doing? Seriously what the fuck are they all doing because it is not seeing patients from what I am hearing.

Spoke to a marine underwriter I know at the weekend and they were saying that there's a shipping shortage that'll bite our arse at Christmas.  Was going to leave getting Santa sorted to post wee lass birthday in December to avoid the triple Rapunzel Lego Tower  debacle of 2019 but from what they were saying it could get proper messy.

For the first time ever Santa got mostly sorted before October and hedged his bets with half flashing bits of noisy plastic shite and half practical stuff like 24 tins of  Big Soup; Bear Grylls Survival  Manual; hunting knife and; half tank of diesel.    

20 hours ago, ThistleWhistle said:

Spoke to a marine underwriter I know at the weekend and they were saying that there's a shipping shortage that'll bite our arse at Christmas.  Was going to leave getting Santa sorted to post wee lass birthday in December to avoid the triple Rapunzel Lego Tower  debacle of 2019 but from what they were saying it could get proper messy.

For the first time ever Santa got mostly sorted before October and hedged his bets with half flashing bits of noisy plastic shite and half practical stuff like 24 tins of  Big Soup; Bear Grylls Survival  Manual; hunting knife and; half tank of diesel.    

Unbelievably bad parenting. 

Kids don’t drink diesel anymore ffs…….

23 hours ago, thplinth said:

People are savages if you scratch the surface. 

Petrol and bog paper... it is at times like these you find out what is really important in day to day life.

We'll need to put the revolution on hold...... no Molotov Cocktails! The Government aren't as daft as we think. 

Edited by Och Aye

If you think this is a fuel crisis… - BBC News

Sufficiently bleak outlook for 2021/22.  

Seems awfully fortuitous timing for the fuel industry that at the moment the world seems to be waking up to the need to ween off of fossil fuels the key conference to solidify support will be set against a backdrop of economies and societies suffering from a shortage of fossil fuels.  

5 minutes ago, ThistleWhistle said:

I'm not a monster - will dilute it with Vimto and pretty sure blackberry flavourings count as one of her five a day  too 👍

👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

I can see a “dad of the year” trophy in someone’s stocking this year. 

Well played sir.