Orange Walks - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Orange Walks

On 9/19/2021 at 1:45 PM, vanderark14 said:

šŸ¤£

Did you see the article I posted. Aberdeen City Council don't allow these marches. Why can't other councils tell them to fuck off?

Did you see Glasgow after referendum? Multiply that by 100 if these cunts got banhed from wearing their daft wee costumes.Ā 

Sadly central Scotland is riddled with the cunts. Easy to ban 200 (some of which aren't local)

Harder to ban 7500 matchers and the same again walking alongside them

I hate the cunts but it's a volatile situationĀ  sadly.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, chaff said:

What the hell is wrong with these people?

After that event with no social distancing & no masks, hopefully a dose of the Delta variant...

What an embarrassment that shower of sub-human cretins are to their country ("Britain").Ā  Will be lovely to see their discomfiture when Scotland becomes independent and they are left stateless with their entire "culture" invalidated.Ā Ā 

Edited by Alibi

1 hour ago, chaff said:

I am only 6 minutes into that and I will watch it all... I am totally hooked.Ā šŸ˜€Ā (FFS Scotland has rough fuckers in it.)

But I have to ask, and I know it is a stupid question but....

Why on an Orange Order walk are so many people wearing Rangers tops?Ā 

"Oh I think I'll go support the Orange Order walk today hen... hmmm now what would be appropriate attire..."Ā šŸ˜€

23 minutes ago, glasgow jock said:

Never seen so many ugly bastards with wan tooth in my lifeĀ šŸ˜‚

Haha, just thinking that. I'm hardly god's gift myself, but Jesus, some absolute mutants in there. And at least I brush my teeth.

"WE ARE THE PEOPLE" if the people are bald, chinless, 20 stone, broken biscuits for teeth and an IQ of 60.Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, thplinth said:

I am only 6 minutes into that and I will watch it all... I am totally hooked.Ā šŸ˜€Ā (FFS Scotland has rough fuckers in it.)

"Oh I think I'll go support the Orange Order walk today hen... hmmm now what would be appropriate attire..."Ā šŸ˜€

But but it's nothing to do with Rangers šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

The collocation of Irish political history with Scottish football clubs to attach some kind of personal relevance is depressing, and without it I think such displays would be virtually non existent in Glasgow and the west.

Ā 

3 hours ago, thplinth said:

Additional MyGers points?

3 hours ago, weekevie04 said:

Haha, just thinking that. I'm hardly god's gift myself, but Jesus, some absolute mutants in there. And at least I brush my teeth.

"WE ARE THE PEOPLE" if the people are bald, chinless, 20 stone, broken biscuits for teeth and an IQ of 60.Ā 

Ā 

These events attract such people because it elevates them; it makes them feel exceptional.

They might be fat, lazy, pigshit-thick, monstrously ugly and utterly unsuccessful in life, but in the minds they are "the people" and that makes up for it, much more than applying basic personal hygiene, eating healthy or trying to better themselves ever will.

2 hours ago, Toepoke said:

The collocation of Irish political history with Scottish football clubs to attach some kind of personal relevance is depressing, and without it I think such displays would be virtually non existent in Glasgow and the west.

Ā 

Spot on.Ā  Celtic and Rangers might not have caused the problem but they exploited it for their own ends.Ā  I have no doubt that they have helped keep a flame burning that might otherwise have extinguished itself a long time ago.Ā  They represent an accessible, recreational form of sectarianism.

I'll confess.

My grandfather was in the orange order.

My mum's side of the family hail ( for want of a better word) from bridgeton.

I was taken along in the late 70s early 80s to watch him march through the streets. I was aged between 6-9.

I was drawn in by the drums.

He died and that was the end of that.

I'd love to talk to him again and tell him that me and all my cousins are pro Indy republicans.

He'd probably die again.

Having played drums in a pipe band I find listening to flute bands excruciating.

Ripping the utter pish out of them is the way to go IMHO.

No chance this is dying out as it is literally passing from generation to generation.Ā 

Interesting that so few Scottish comics go near it. Yet we have utter fucking BBC dross ripping the pish out McGlashans and stereotypical pish like Rab C..

Look at the fucking nick of them. It is a comedic gold mineā€¦ yet no one is mining it.Ā 

Robbie Coltrane is the only one I can think of with his Mason Boyle (was it?) character.

They intimidate people into silence and I think in some non violent way they have to be confronted.

edit: mason boyne always thought the choice of Mason as a first name was interesting as well.Ā 

Edited by thplinth

3 hours ago, chaff said:

I'll confess.

I was taken along in the late 70s early 80s to watch him march through the streets. I was aged between 6-9.

I'd love to talk to him again and tell him that me and all my cousins are pro Indy republicans.

He'd probably die again.

Having played drums in a pipe band I find listening to flute bands excruciating.

Like so many other things in the 70ā€™s and 80ā€™s , Orange Walks were accepted far more then than they are now. They were still an abomination 50 yrs ago but seemed to be tolerated more. I dont think you will be alone on here in having had family from the west of scotland in the Orange order.Ā 

I am sure I mentioned it on here before. I lived in Renfrew when I was in my late 20ā€™s and Ā my husbands boss invited us on a night out to a band. I thought it was a social club but it was a fookin Orange Lodge ! I nearly died. It was the worst night out I have ever had. The scene was set when we had to sign in at the door and my husbands boss told him he had to use a different surname as his name was ā€˜too Irishā€™ . We were young and didnt want to start a fuss so didn't leave, but I Ā almost started a fight because I refused to stand up and sing GSTQ at the end.Ā 
Ā 

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

No chance this is dying out as it is literally passing from generation to generation.Ā 

Interesting that so few Scottish comics go near it. Yet we have utter fucking BBC dross ripping the pish out McGlashans and stereotypical pish like Rab C..

Look at the fucking nick of them. It is a comedic gold mineā€¦ yet no one is mining it.Ā 

Robbie Coltrane is the only one I can think of with his Mason Boyle (was it?) character.

They intimidate people into silence and I think in some non violent way they have to be confronted.

edit: mason boyne always thought the choice of Mason as a first name was interesting as well.Ā 

Trainspotting 2 was immense in ripping the pish out of them but you are right, too many Ā dont.Ā 

16 minutes ago, TDYER63 said:

Like so many other things in the 70ā€™s and 80ā€™s , Orange Walks were accepted far more then than they are now. They were still an abomination 50 yrs ago but seemed to be tolerated more. I dont think you will be alone on here in having had family from the west of scotland in the Orange order.Ā 

I am sure I mentioned it on here before. I lived in Renfrew when I was in my late 20ā€™s and Ā my husbands boss invited us on a night out to a band. I thought it was a social club but it was a fookin Orange Lodge ! I nearly died. It was the worst night out I have ever had. The scene was set when we had to sign in at the door and my husbands boss told him he had to use a different surname as his name was ā€˜too Irishā€™ . We were young and didnt want to start a fuss so didn't leave, but I Ā almost started a fight because I refused to stand up and sing GSTQ at the end.Ā 
Ā 

I know exactly where that lodge is in Renfrew. Itā€™s across the road from the local Catholic high school šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Ā 

14 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

I know exactly where that lodge is in Renfrew. Itā€™s across the road from the local Catholic high school šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

Ā 

I know . Ā I am surprised the weans havenā€™t burnt it down with a communion candle šŸ˜

Well, birth rates in Scotland are currently low so it's likely that in the medium term there will be fewer of them for the "traditions" to be passed onto (as well as fewer of the rest of us to suffer it).

I agree that they're a valid and deserving target for humour though. They are pandered to far too much; why, I'm not sure.

1 hour ago, TDYER63 said:

Ā 

I'm sure there weren't as many of these parades in Scotland 20 or even 10 years ago.Ā  It's almost certainly being ramped up for political reasons, IMHO.

13 hours ago, thplinth said:

You're right. This is the only other I can remember. The Mason Boyne character and this Naked Video sketch must be about 30 years old.Ā 

Ā 

18 hours ago, chaff said:

I'll confess.

He'd probably die again.

I have similar family background (though saved by my Mum šŸ˜‚)

Dad was born and bred Bridgeton (big orange area of Glasgow), Mum was born and bred Gorbals (melting pot of many nationalities but certainly not orange)

My old man always wanted to take me to Rangers games, my Mum wouldn't allow it, so he settled for second best and started taking me to our nearest team, Clyde (we lived in Govanhill at the time, early 70's), so glad that was one of the few times that he listened to herĀ šŸ˜‚

On 9/21/2021 at 9:12 AM, chaff said:

Did not make it to the end... after the umpteenth rendition of 'give me bullets in my gun' I had to turn it off.

He seems quite the local celebrity does Abdul. Lots of folk posing and having "Look I'm not a racist really" selfies with him.

My favourite bit featured the lovely man we see above with Abdul. I thought his rendition to Abdul of "I'd rather be a Paki than a Tim" was touching and heartfelt.

(edit: that was after the multiple threats with accompanying bits of spittle to kill anyone who put a glove on Abdul of course.)

Edited by thplinth

9 hours ago, thplinth said:

He seems quite the local celebrity does Abdul.

Rowan Atkinson could play him in a movie.

He seems quite the local celebrity does Abdul. Lots of folk posing and having "Look I'm not a racist really" selfies with him.

Nailed it.

My favourite bit featured the lovely man we see above with Abdul. I thought his rendition to Abdul of "I'd rather be a Paki than a Tim" was touching and heartfelt.

šŸ¤£

20 hours ago, thplinth said:

Did not make it to the end... after the umpteenth rendition of 'give me bullets in my gun' I had to turn it off.

(edit: that was after the multiple threats with accompanying bits of spittle to kill anyone who put a glove on Abdul of course.)

I was told Abdul is banned from ibrox for sectarian singing.

I wonder if Abdul is maybe missing a few screws