Orange Walks - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Orange Walks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholic schools and Protestant (non denominational) schools built a few yards apart definitely caused a them and us attitude. It was easy to be sucked into following the Orange marches as a youth. As adult most but sadly not all see it for the vile bigoted crap it is and how utterly bizarre it all is. This guy sums it up 

Screenshot_20210918-191049.png

13 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Leave them be.  Numbers are decreasing all the time and they'll soon just be figures of fun.  And going by the state of the birds who parade on them, I doubt if a new generation of bigots will be getting bred any time soon.

I once thought that was the best course of action too. But 30 years ago. 30 years of waiting on them to die out has not worked, as witnessed by the number of marches yesterday. There’s some weird perceived victim status among the inbred fuckers, fuelled largely by the demise of their football team and all the ways they were wronged and mocked by nationalists, fen Ian’s and jacobites. There’s a growing seige mentality brewing which is getting pretty sinister and potentially dangerous. Allowing such walks, which are going to attract the worst subhuman scumbags who buy into the victim mentality, and have them March past Catholic Churches is inflammatory. It needs addressed, not pandered to. In my opinion.

12 minutes ago, duncan II said:

I once thought that was the best course of action too. But 30 years ago. 30 years of waiting on them to die out has not worked, as witnessed by the number of marches yesterday. There’s some weird perceived victim status among the inbred fuckers, fuelled largely by the demise of their football team and all the ways they were wronged and mocked by nationalists, fen Ian’s and jacobites. There’s a growing seige mentality brewing which is getting pretty sinister and potentially dangerous. Allowing such walks, which are going to attract the worst subhuman scumbags who buy into the victim mentality, and have them March past Catholic Churches is inflammatory. It needs addressed, not pandered to. In my opinion.

Absolutely bang on the money.

58 minutes ago, duncan II said:

Unfortunately any action is just going to have them dig their heels in further and reinforce this victim mentality.  Best ignore the sad fcks although that's easy for me to say at the other side of the country.

The absolute worst thing that could've happened for Scottish society was for their new club to somehow be considered the same as their old club.  If it had just been allowed to rest in peace then this sh*t would be well on the way to dying out without this focal point.

Edited by daviebee

34 minutes ago, duncan II said:

This. And don’t forget Jack Ramsey’s threat of that lot being a potential underground paramilitary force if we gained independence.

And you can bet your bottom dollar Murdo Fraser and his mob will do their utmost to fan the flames. 

22 minutes ago, daviebee said:

Unfortunately any action is just going to have them dig their heels in further and reinforce this victim mentality.  Best ignore the sad fcks although that's easy for me to say at the other side of the country.

The absolute worst thing that could've happened for Scottish society was for their new club to somehow be considered the same as their old club.  If it had just been allowed to rest in peace then this sh*t would be well on the way to dying out without this focal point.

Yeah, I have a certain amount of sympathy for the view that you try to avoid escalating the victim mentality. But continuing to empower them is simply emboldening them. They’re getting worse.

I agree with your second paragraph.

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Not sure about banning it but dealing better with the associated anti social behaviours would be a start 

Banning them would make it alot worse. I've no doubt those morons would resort to violence if they weren't allowed to march. 

In the article I read, this was apparently a problem for all of Scotland 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by vanderark14

The thing that struck me about yesterday was the amount of people who said they were staying away from the town because of it. One business owner was quoted as saying they would likely lose a four figure sum on the days usual takings. It can't be right that we are simply giving over the city to these marches on a regular basis. 

There is a peacock type on display element to it all which I think if you remove takes away most of its appeal. Re-routing these marches and making use of green space where they are causing less disruption and annoyance has to be part of the solution moving forward. We cant go on like this every year, people have simply had enough of this shit although I agree banning it would be a mistake. 

38 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Banning them would make it alot worse. I've no doubt those morons would resort to violence if they weren't allowed to march. 

In the article I read, this was apparently a problem for all of Scotland 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

It’s deep rooted in West Central Scotland and parts of Fife and the Lothians.

But that’s about it. You don’t see this shite in the likes of Aberdeen or Inverness for example 

4 hours ago, Och Aye said:

Catholic schools and Protestant (non denominational) schools built a few yards apart definitely caused a them and us attitude. It was easy to be sucked into following the Orange marches as a youth. As adult most but sadly not all see it for the vile bigoted crap it is and how utterly bizarre it all is. This guy sums it up 

Screenshot_20210918-191049.png

I think they are more "orange waddles" rather than "orange walks".

6 minutes ago, King Of Paisley said:

But that’s about it. You don’t see this shite in the likes of Aberdeen or Inverness for example 

I'm sure they tried to do one in Aberdeen but it went pear shaped when the old abetdeen casuals got involved, since then it's not happened. 

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12142256.orange-marchers-jeered-on-return-to-aberdeen-streets/

Edited by vanderark14

3 hours ago, daviebee said:

Nailed it.

Sevco games are platforms for their bile.

If that stage were gone then we'd have hope of the hate fading.

17 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Sevco could do the community a service by offering to host the marches at Ibrox park.

Free entrance for the brethren, plenty of space to perfect their marching steps and singing in tune without disruption to the rest of Scottish society.

No banning order required.

They used to hold the divine service at Ibrox back in the day. Then Rangers banned them 

11 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

🤣

Did you see the article I posted. Aberdeen City Council don't allow these marches. Why can't other councils tell them to fuck off?

Sure did. And good on them.

Think the problem down here is that the councils are riddled with these arseholes. I’m sure the knuckle dragging fuds encouraged swathes of their members to stand in the 2017 council elections. And a good number were elected 

1 hour ago, Barney Rubble said:

Sevco could do the community a service by offering to host the marches at Ibrox park.

Free entrance for the brethren, plenty of space to perfect their marching steps and singing in tune without disruption to the rest of Scottish society.

No banning order required.

Good idea. 👍 I think that's the American approach to marches - hire a stadium and march around it to your heart's content.  That way, the marchers get to have their march and the people who don't wish to participate and just want to go about their business without disruption are free to do so.

I suspect part of the point of Orange walks is disruption though, and Rangers F.C won't want their ground getting fucked up, so for those reasons it won't happen (unfortunately).

4 hours ago, King Of Paisley said:

Unfortunately there have been Orange minded walks in Inverness at least twice, under the Apprentice Boys name. Not a good thing in the Highlands (or anywhere else for that matter)