Help with pub argument - 76/77 League Cup Final - Aberdeen v Celtic - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Help with pub argument - 76/77 League Cup Final - Aberdeen v Celtic

10 hours ago, Auchinyell Sox Change said:

so just back from pub with best mate from school

discussion for some reason turned to game above ...

i am adamant i watched the EXTRA TIME only "live" on tv ; he says not (as i recall the winning goal being scored in real time ...)

anyone ???

The Brush scored the winner in ET

I have no recollection of any of it being live on the tv though

2 hours ago, Redz said:

2 hours ago, Redz said:

Thanks for reply mate

yeah i well remember the goals - see messrs jarvie & robb with said cup on my profile photo ; was 11 at the time

dont think i ll ever be able to prove otherwise ; but for some reason i held on to certain football memories…

i just saw si ferry/ dave robertson interview ; where beano talks about going to a book signing at fine fare bridge of dee by some of the players sometime after this final = his interest in the dons beginning …. I got one too ; my mum was sunday school teacher for jocky scotts kid so got special treatment - alas the book lost to the sands of time

16 hours ago, euan2020 said:

I might have the program for that final with Drew Jarvie signing - uncle gave it to me with his scrarf - so have 40/50 year old scarf 

There was something dodgy about the artwork on the cover of that program ; i recall reading something about it years back