It's China - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

It's China

So what happened to the 'peace dividend' after the collapse of the Soviet Union.

That created an intolerable situation there for a decade for them and then we conveniently had 9/11 and the war on terror to plug that little 'evil soviets' gap.

And now it is back to not the soviets this time just plain old Russia herself despite the communists being long gone.

But that threat is not really scary enough so let's go after China now as well.... 

You think of the health care, the education system, the public transport, the housing people should have and instead it is snaffled away on this utter shite.

They are just stealing from us and the racket is war, as that US general famously said.

Do you know who made China into an economic and now military powerhouse?

We (the West) did, when we closed down countless factories and jobs in the west and moved it all to China in order to make more profits for shareholders. It really got going in the 90's so really recent. And everyone knew and could see it being done... China was economically backward not that long ago. We did this, or rather Wall Street / The City did it, drove it.

Now it is all shocked at surprised that China is a 'threat'. Do me a favour... This is just another pile of shit, I get sick listening the crap coming out their mouths (Biden/Johnson/Whoever the wank running Australia is these days). About the only thing that made me read about it was my amusement at Macron getting shafted on the deal to build the subs. They lost a 66 billion euro contract I read. Gee I am sure that did not factor into the US's thinking when they decided China was an imminent threat... 

Edited by thplinth

• 5 months later...

China has been a military powerhouse for decades - long before our grubby paws went in to Westernise them

That being said the alternative is isolationism which i am not sure wouldnt end the same way

India gave the Chinese military a bit of a doing in a border issue a wee while ago.

China obviously have a massive number of soldiers, that's their strength, man for man they are nearly useless. A country of  clones with serious issues, and no idea of common decency or teamwork, brute force is their only strength.