Covid passports - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Covid passports

glesgadan

Does anyone have a clue what is happening?

covid passports needed in Scotland from the 1st October for large events. So the Israel game will be the first major test?

I am a bit worried as I live in England and although I have been vaccinated my nhs app shows valid in England.

if the idea is just to prove I’ve been vaccinated then great. 
but if they are developing a new app that will confirm if you have been vaccinated in Scotland, where does that leave us that no longer live there? 

6 minutes ago, glesgadan said:

covid passports needed in Scotland from the 1st October for large events. So the Israel game will be the first major test?

I am a bit worried as I live in England and although I have been vaccinated my nhs app shows valid in England.

but if they are developing a new app that will confirm if you have been vaccinated in Scotland, where does that leave us that no longer live there? 

Ask Nicola

3 hours ago, glesgadan said:

I’m very pleased you raised this because I am in exactly the same position (and I daresay plenty of others are too). 

Recent BBC article says: 
“The government said it was working to ensure that the system would work for people across the UK, while also considering how to verify the vaccine status of non-UK residents.”

So it seems they are working on it. Let’s hope they have successfully done so by 9 October. 

In the meantime, I have taken the advice of the other responder to your post and asked Nicola: 

FirstMinister@gov.scot

Will let you know what she says….

Same boat as you guys... Travelling up from behind enemy lines.... hey we can always be like the english and storm the stadium if we are refused entry.... ''JOKING''  im sure they will sort it out. they cant legitimately refuse us as they can clearly see we have been vaccinated. Ive just had my first jab today thanks to Adolf Sturgeon.  21 days til my second. juuuust enough time to get vaxed up 

The media have not been rather coming with the "truth"/full picture, but here was what John Swinney was saying on Sunday, "Over-18s will have to show proof of double vaccination, negative Covid test or completed self-isolation after a positive test to get into clubs and events".

So really, you co not need to be double vaxed or have the required vaccination, as you can just use a LFT result to say you are clear to enter.

Edited by wanderer

On 9/13/2021 at 11:18 PM, ST6's-t-army said:

Same boat as you guys... Travelling up from behind enemy lines.... hey we can always be like the english and storm the stadium if we are refused entry.... ''JOKING''  im sure they will sort it out. they cant legitimately refuse us as they can clearly see we have been vaccinated. Ive just had my first jab today thanks to Adolf Sturgeon.  21 days til my second. juuuust enough time to get vaxed up 

It doesn’t show on the app until 14 days after your second jab. 

Hi Folks

I am in the same boat and live in England.

I rang the SFA this morning for guidance and the guy was a bit bemused. He said spot checks only and it will be done early (so if you have Covid check in later……not).

He said he didn’t think it was an issue as long as you can prove 2 vaccinations but the SFA were expecting further guidance from her who should be obeyed.

I suspect a few are ringing them and there will be guidance. Otherwise, I sure they are breaching my civil rights, selling tickets under false pretences and shooting themselves in the foot in lost revenue for business. A U turn in the offing I suspect.

Edited by sandyb

3 hours ago, sandyb said:

Hi Folks

I am in the same boat and live in England.

I rang the SFA this morning for guidance and the guy was a bit bemused. He said spot checks only and it will be done early (so if you have Covid check in later……not).

He said he didn’t think it was an issue as long as you can prove 2 vaccinations but the SFA were expecting further guidance from her who should be obeyed.

I suspect a few are ringing them and there will be guidance. Otherwise, I sure they are breaching my civil rights, selling tickets under false pretences and shooting themselves in the foot in lost revenue for business. A U turn in the offing I suspect.

Nice one