Trip to the Faroe Islands - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Trip to the Faroe Islands

thesaint

17 hours ago, thesaint said:

What's the requirements to come back into the uk from an amber country like Moldova?Austria,which is green was a pcr test in Austria and a 2day test on return.Obviously,there must be more to do when coming back from Moldova.Anybody got a definative answer?

Looking like double vax would not need PCR test based on news reports today. Grant Sharps to announce today. 

Covid travel: Traffic light system set for overhaul and travel may cheapen for double-jabbed | ITV News

17 hours ago, thesaint said:

What's the requirements to come back into the uk from an amber country like Moldova?Austria,which is green was a pcr test in Austria and a 2day test on return.Obviously,there must be more to do when coming back from Moldova.Anybody got a definative answer?

I am just back from Spain which is amber.

To return to the UK you need 3 things :

1. A negative test no more than 48 hrs before coming back to the UK. Can be lateral flow test but it must be officially paid for over there, you cant take NHS tests with you. 

2. Complete a passenger locator form no more than 48 hrs  before flying back to UK .

3 . Take a PCR test within 2 days of returning to the UK. Best if these can be booked in advance. I think the rules are changing on this though and a lateral flow test will be sufficient, but you will need to pay for it. I dont think anything of the other stuff is changing though. 

When coming back from Spain, we had to show proof of our negative lateral flow test and also completion of our passenger locator form at the check in. They would not let you fly back without it . A girl managed to get to the gate as she had no case to check in but she was stopped from getting on the flight as she didn’t have a negative test result, they checked it there as well. She thought being double vaccinated was enough. 

Does anybody have a defintive answer to whether we can get into the Faroes to watch football.Still swithering about booking,but want to be sure we will get in.I know with the latest government announcement that we won't have to take a pcr test in the Faroes,which is obviously good news,but can't find a certain answer to whether we will get into the Faroes.I would like to think that if the sfa are selling us tickets for the Faroes,then we must be able to get in to the Faroes to watch the game.

Just now, Flipping eck said:

Wonky Sheep trip cancelled

Yes,just got the email.Ironically,it's not because of covid as such,but it's a knock on effect of covid effecting the airlines.The airline they were using don't have enough current staff to service the flight.Incredible.

46 minutes ago, thesaint said:

Does anybody have a defintive answer to whether we can get into the Faroes to watch football.Still swithering about booking,but want to be sure we will get in.I know with the latest government announcement that we won't have to take a pcr test in the Faroes,which is obviously good news,but can't find a certain answer to whether we will get into the Faroes.I would like to think that if the sfa are selling us tickets for the Faroes,then we must be able to get in to the Faroes to watch the game.

That is a massive bonus not having to get tests abroad now, assuming the SG follow suit with similar dates. 

2 hours ago, TDYER63 said:

That is a massive bonus not having to get tests abroad now, assuming the SG follow suit with similar dates. 

Yes,it's good that the pcr tests are stopping,but it still doesn't answer the question....are we going to be allowed into the Faroes to watch football.Does that count as having  an acceptable reason for entry.Absolutely nobody seems to be able to answer that question.It's all about getting in,not getting back home.

14 hours ago, thesaint said:

Yes,it's good that the pcr tests are stopping,but it still doesn't answer the question....are we going to be allowed into the Faroes to watch football.Does that count as having  an acceptable reason for entry.Absolutely nobody seems to be able to answer that question.It's all about getting in,not getting back home.

You originally asked what was required to get back to the UK and I told you what the situation was at that time . However the update for England yesterday makes things a lot easier if this is also implemented by the SG , especially of you are only going away for 3 or 4 days. 
Macwomble is correct on his previous post, we are considered an orange country and dont have any restrictions getting into the Faroes if you are double vaccinated. There are however no tickets available  on the Supporters club website so I doubt there is any decision on the game yet. The only people who be able to confirm is the SFA, a doubt a randomer on here has any more information at this point. 

0D4D9F42-D84E-4A45-976E-B5D55E6C4E11.thumb.png.b79439d32aed8c8e99d617caa9036867.png

You originally asked what was required to get back to the UK and I told you what the situation was at that time . However the update for England yesterday makes things a lot easier if this is also implemented by the SG , especially of you are only going away for 3 or 4 days. 
Macwomble is correct on his previous post, we are considered an orange country and dont have any restrictions getting into the Faroes if you are double vaccinated. There are however no tickets available  on the Supporters club website so I doubt there is any decision on the game yet. The only people who be able to confirm is the SFA, a doubt a randomer on here has any more information at this point. 

0D4D9F42-D84E-4A45-976E-B5D55E6C4E11.thumb.png.b79439d32aed8c8e99d617caa9036867.png

Emailed the sfa and they replied saying ticket information would be available next week.

The original question was regarding entry into the uk from Moldova which was an amber listed country then.As far as the Faroes was concerned,they were green,so there wasn't a problem about the rules of coming back into the uk.The only problem with the Faroes was always about us being allowed in without reasonable reasons.That was being quoted on various Faroe covid sites,but if what you are saying regarding us being allowed into the Faroe is true,that's great..

1 hour ago, thesaint said:

The original question was regarding entry into the uk from Moldova which was an amber listed country then.As far as the Faroes was concerned,they were green,so there wasn't a problem about the rules of coming back into the uk.The only problem with the Faroes was always about us being allowed in without reasonable reasons.That was being quoted on various Faroe covid sites,but if what you are saying regarding us being allowed into the Faroe is true,that's great..

👍

3 hours ago, thesaint said:

Moldova will not be on the banned list come November.

Currently Amber, but two things double vaccinated Amber and green is the same. 
Secondly Amber and green is going in a couple of weeks. Will be go and don’t go.

Also now announced cheap LFT required on return not the pricy PCR.

(All caveat Ed that I live in England and may be different in Scotland).

J